Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Brent Hubbs:

Thanks to Austin for all his work the last 90 mins on this.

This was clearly a business decision. The SEC looked at the teams who have the best option of making the playoffs and they set it up for those teams to have the best path. The SEC certainly wants to get two teams in the playoffs.

Remember, this is all about the money.”

Basilio was right again. Called this before everyone. Even specified the 2 teams we’d get partnered with.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Getting better every day that passes. I think I’ve got a bit of a nerve pinched in my lower back. But I’m managing really well considering what happened. I’ve got some nasty seatbelt burn/bruising tho! I sincerely appreciate you asking tho! View attachment 298238
That's a mighty welt right there. Glad you're doing good

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Getting better every day that passes. I think I’ve got a bit of a nerve pinched in my lower back. But I’m managing really well considering what happened. I’ve got some nasty seatbelt burn/bruising tho! I sincerely appreciate you asking tho! View attachment 298238
😥 Take good care of yourself!

Key to the season has always been beating Florida and Georgia anyway. If you want to get ahead, you have to knock off those in your way. So what that we also have TAMU and Auburn? I like our chances. And beating Auburn would be good for recruiting too. All the recruits we go head to head for, we need to give them a reason to pick us. The SEC has potentially done us a favor by including them. All we have to do is win, and I think this team is capable of doing that. We gonna whoop some ass.

Iron-Sharpens-Iron.jpg

FTR...I think we should have gotten Auburn and Ole Miss...we got screwed...I like our chances against Auburn and that Malzahn offense...I like the players having a chance to knockoff the top teams and Pruitt shouldn’t have any problem cultivating us against the world. I just worry that end of year record might affect our recruitment momentum. Come to TN...play against the best...literally.

Dang, man that’s awful. They had to amputate your armpenis? Hopefully, there’s an organ donor available...

😳3D6A2AE9-71C8-433B-8DC2-5FF1CB842995.gif

Too soon? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The 2 Dual Threat Quarterbacks last year against P-5 competition:

I think our defense can handle these guys. Auburn, more so because they don't have an OL. A&M because I think Pruitt wants a fight with Fisher for the way he's been recruiting against him. jmo.

View attachment 298197

View attachment 298198

View attachment 298199

View attachment 298200

Everytime you post one of these I think “man this guy should coach or work for ESPN” followed by “I’m dogsh*t at Excel”...

Thanks for all your work

In 2019 we played Georgia, Auburn played Georgia, and Texas A&M played Georgia. None of us did all that well running the ball against Georgia’s defense. We rushed 29 times and gained 70 yards. Texas A&M rushed 20 times and ended up losing 2 yards. Auburn rushed 36 times and gained 84 yards.

Since none of us could run the ball we all had to go to the pass. The table below shows the performance of the three quarterbacks against Georgia’s defense last year, Brian Maurer, Kellen Mond, and Bo Nix. It might be well to keep in mind that it really wasn’t until after the Georgia game that the rest of the guys on our football team decided to play some ball. jmo.

ScreenHunter 535.png

I understand why some players may opt out of playing sports in the current environment but I think their reasoning may be genuinely flawed. Based on our experience with players going home for the July 4th weekend and some coming back with the virus I can only conclude that these kids are a hell of a lot safer under the guidance of our football staff/medical team than they are if left to make their own unsupervised decisions. I would not be surprised at all to learn at some point in the future that the proportion of those players who opt out and still end up with the virus turns out the be far higher than those kids who stick with the program and accept the care and attention being offered by the various universities. jmo.

Now to the point of this post:

Yesterday, as we were moving closer to football time in Tennessee, I looked at how each of the SEC states were doing in their efforts to deal with the Virus. With all the excitement of the scheduling revelations I put this on the back burner for a bit.

Anyway, the CFR is the case fatality rate. It’s calculated by dividing the number of fatalities by the known number of cases of the virus in that state. The IFR is the infection fatality rate and it’s calculated by dividing the number of fatalities by the scientifically estimated number of both known and unknown cases in a given state. The model I use for that scientific estimate is provided nationally for each state by the University of Georgia.

So I wanted to power rank the SEC states using the CFR and the IFR. I use the CFR as a proxy for the general overall quality of the healthcare professionals/services in that state. The lower the CFR the more success the healthcare professionals in that state are having at saving lives. I use the IFR as a proxy for the general sturdiness or heartiness of the population of a given state. The lower the IFR the greater the capacity of the population of that state to fight off the virus and go on living. jmo.

ScreenHunter 537.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back