Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically those of us who have had season tickets going for 20/30/40, or how ever many years and love it, stand and cheer, but don't do a lot in the way of donations will be told sorry you don't get to come. It will be the wine and cheese crowd no doubt that makes up the 20% that get in. Lot of burnt orange sorority type dresses and brahs in the stands. Those are going to be the "lottery" winners or what ever system they go with to choose the 20 percent. If its not that way I'll be shocked and very happy.

I think it's more likely that the lower end donors would get to go to the Missouri and Kentucky games and the big donors get Florida and Alabama games.

They dont like paying out uncovered claims. They are contractually obligated to investigate. Otherwise, insurance fraud would go undetected and your premiums would be substantially higher once the actuaries run the numbers.

Little late to this discussion, but I’m a civil defense attorney. It’s important to note that there is a significant difference in how an insurer looks at first party PIP/medpay, UM, and property damage claims vs. third party injury claims. My experience is that insurers generally try to take care of their insureds, though there are certainly differences in how various insurers approach claims.

Also, probably 60-70% of the injury claims that land on my desk range from exaggerated to fraudulent. What I regularly see that drives me crazy is a claimant who could have rested, iced, taken some ibuprofen and maybe done some PT for 2-4 weeks and been fine. Instead, they called an attorney from a commercial, who referred them to a chiropractor, who sent them to an ortho, who got an MRI and did injections, all within 4-8 weeks. The claimant now has $12-15k in wildly inflated medical bills that they can’t pay back unless they recover in a lawsuit.

That’s not a shot at Plaintiff’s attorneys generally, but I see that everyday, particularly when it comes to big, billboard personal injury firms.

Lol at people trying to argue that insurance companies have their policy holders' best interest at heart.
Knowing how my company's claim adjusters work, they want to help if its covered. It's that simple. The bottom line isn't as important to that department, contrary to popular belief. Claims get reviewed after for accuracy so pushing forward a claim that isn't covered is a black mark. Claims get reviewed by the company, some states review them and some insurance commissions review them. Depends on the state and their regulations.

Pushing a claim that's in the gray area needs support on why it was covered. That's it. With that said, I'm on the commercial side so claims have a little more documentation to them with WC, GL, Auto, P&C, etc. I've seen us pay claims that were complete trash but its covered because there is nothing we can do. Personal might be different. I havent had issues with HO or Auto but I also havent included medical which is where most shenanigans happen.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Our lake house got hit by a tornado 5 years ago. Ripped half the house off the foundation and threw it away literally.
1st adjuster out said total loss. Was pulled from our claim in 12 hours. 2nd adjuster came out and said only cosmetic damage <$100k damages (1/2 of house is missing). Insurance lead adjuster sided with #2 for 5-6 months. I was nice and even hired an independent company adjuster that this guy recommended. Independent said $280k for repairs/rebuild was discarded as biased by lead adjuster even though he recommended him.
I told him that I had enough and would enjoy seeing him in court in Texas. (BTW, Texas Governor had already started publicly that insurers shorting insured would be frowned upon). I srnt him that quote. My last words to him were that I was gonna tie him and his company in court until he retired.
Got a settlement call the next day for $220K. I took it as the contents section of the insurance company had paid us retail price + appreciation (we bought everything on sale).
It cost $280k to rebuild/remodel.

If y’all can’t tell, it still pisses me off. Attorneys are good when you threaten an insurance company with them. Even when your attorney is with Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe 🤠
You older folks will get this 😁
This is frustrating. I'm sorry your experience was bad. Did they ever say why the first one was pulled?

So basically those of us who have had season tickets going for 20/30/40, or how ever many years and love it, stand and cheer, but don't do a lot in the way of donations will be told sorry you don't get to come. It will be the wine and cheese crowd no doubt that makes up the 20% that get in. Lot of burnt orange sorority type dresses and brahs in the stands. Those are going to be the "lottery" winners or what ever system they go with to choose the 20 percent. If its not that way I'll be shocked and very happy.

Top donors should have the right of first refusal. In a year where every athletic dept will probably operate in the red, if the big donors aren’t happy, then the program will suffer.

Our lake house got hit by a tornado 5 years ago. Ripped half the house off the foundation and threw it away literally.
1st adjuster out said total loss. Was pulled from our claim in 12 hours. 2nd adjuster came out and said only cosmetic damage <$100k damages (1/2 of house is missing). Insurance lead adjuster sided with #2 for 5-6 months. I was nice and even hired an independent company adjuster that this guy recommended. Independent said $280k for repairs/rebuild was discarded as biased by lead adjuster even though he recommended him.
I told him that I had enough and would enjoy seeing him in court in Texas. (BTW, Texas Governor had already started publicly that insurers shorting insured would be frowned upon). I srnt him that quote. My last words to him were that I was gonna tie him and his company in court until he retired.
Got a settlement call the next day for $220K. I took it as the contents section of the insurance company had paid us retail price + appreciation (we bought everything on sale).
It cost $280k to rebuild/remodel.

If y’all can’t tell, it still pisses me off. Attorneys are good when you threaten an insurance company with them. Even when your attorney is with Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe 🤠
You older folks will get this 😁
I think you should invite all of us to come inspect after those major repairs. We could try to trash it again and see how well it holds up.

What do you expect them to do? Not very much they can.

This is frustrating. I'm sorry your experience was bad. Did they ever say why the first one was pulled?

The first adjuster told me that the lead adjuster said that they never pay complete loss...said he would send someone else that could submit a claim more in line with the company preferred range. Don’t know if it was just that he was pissed off or if it was true, but subsequent actions were in line with his statements...
I got so mad that I researched Lloyds of London. They have small insurance companies that insure homes. They get x number of bad state insurance board complaints, then the small company gets shut down and they start a new one. ASI was the company. I used them because they also offered flood insurance. They had a large number of complaints with the state board. My fault that I didn’t check before, but I was naive in thinking “Lloyds of London are bigtime, gotta be good right?”

We have all our other policies with Nationwide (fantastic company), but they don’t do flood insurance, so won’t cover for regular homeowners either 😐 I have had many more good stories about Nationwide, Geico, and Allstate.

The story does have a happy ending, we were able to rebuild. Our builder knew how to “hurricane proof” a house, so the rebuild is much better than the pre-tornado version. Matter of fact, I am at our lake house right now...🤠

What do you expect them to do? Not very much they can.

UTAD accepted my money for season tickets, which is what they have done for 45 years. I expect to receive ALL of what I purchased. If I do not receive exactly what I purchased, I will demand a total refund.

Regardless of causation, I am entitled to receive what I purchased.

Maybe the Braves too often fall behind when they shouldn't and have to play catch-up late. ;)

Snitker does a lot of things well. Managing the bullpen is not one of them. Or substitutions for that matter. The night before for instance. Bottom of the 9th, we get a slow runner on 1st with 1 out. Wondering if Snitker will use a pinch runner, the announcers mention he had to use all his position players for pinch hitting earlier in the game. A game that has a DH. No, he didn't have to. And a pitch runner may have scored them the tying run. Instead they lose a 1-run game. And none of those pinch hitters that had to be used scored or even got a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back