Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

If you don't like it....move. Love it or leave it....am I doing it right?
Oh thankfully I don't live in Nashville. I live in the Boro. But yes ideally you would be right, problem is you libs who vote this crap in move out to more traditionally conservative towns or states and vote for the same kinda people you left because your city/state was being trashed and high taxes and over regulated.

Oh thankfully I don't live in Nashville. I live in the Boro. But yes ideally you would be right, problem is you libs who vote this crap in move out to more traditionally conservative towns or states and vote for the same kinda people you left because your city/state was being trashed and high taxes and over regulated.
You complain just to complain justin....we can't take you seriously.

Two Opposite Ways of Looking at COVID 19
Summary:
Protect the elderly and vulnerable. No way to stop COVID-19 without Herd Immunity. No need to test healthy kids and college students unless symptomatic.
Risk of death under 50 is negligible.
Chances of Hospitalizations (Includes those with co-morbidities) according to numbers collected 6-20-20, which are probably lower now:

55 to 64 >> 1.36 in 1,000 (.136%)
65 to 74 >> 2 in 1000 (.198%)
75 to 84 >> 3.29 in 1000 (.329%)
Over 85 >> 5 in 1,000 (.513%)

My opinion:
Driving may be more dangerous.
Take Vitamin D3. 5000 IUs daily if not getting much sun. Darker complected people may need more. Darker skinned people absorb less vitamin D from the sun than lighter skinned people. May be one reason why minorities are more affected.
Study showed that a high number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 were also very low on Vitamin D. Vitamin D builds your immune system.
Masks probably don't help much unless properly fitted and are N95. Wearing a mask for long periods of time can cause low oxygen levels that can be dangerous.

As compared to some of your left leaning comrades that blame and bit*h about the Trump administration for everything from Covid to cow farts.
Your comprehension is lacking, so I won't waste keystrokes trying to explain. However, I will say that your undying devotion to donald is scary.

Not saying they are fully comparable, but people used to object to police officers writing tickets for not wearing seat belts or wearing helmets... and on similar grounds: Personal safety should be an individual choice and this marks an infringement on personal freedoms. Get over yourself and just comply with government orders.

FIFY

Thank you, Mr. Clarence Darrow-Wannabee. Mayor Cooper has the legal authority, as does any county mayor in Tennessee, to assume special powers in case of emergency.

Then that must be changed in the general assembly. Vote for state reps that pledge to remove this power from local mayors.

If you read the entire site, it actually discusses the antibody protection I referenced. However, there are inconsistences with the Mayo description of disease burden in children that are not supported by the medical literature. Most notably, we do not believe that "all children are capable of getting the virus." If this were true, their infection rate would be equal (or higher, due to their lack of hygiene), and this has not been the case anywhere around the world.

Have seroprevalence studies indicated this - or just our diagnostic testing? If children are more likely to be asymptomatic, would they be as likely to be tested? Particularly when they are not having to participate in workplace testing?

Also - if memory T cell response is actually higher in children - would it be more likely they wouldn't have persistent antibodies that would be detected by sero studies, even if they were infected at some point?

Thank you, Mr. Clarence Darrow-Wannabee. Mayor Cooper has the legal authority, as does any county mayor in Tennessee, to assume special powers in case of emergency.
An emergency that last for 6+months and only effects some retail and convenience, places of worship.

But not the government.....

Real terrifying disaster. Definitely worth the extra powers they will never give up.

Your comprehension is lacking, so I won't waste keystrokes trying to explain. However, I will say that your undying devotion to donald is scary.

Typical response from you fellas.

It's a fair comparison. You just don't agree with it so automatically I'm wrong and referring to your spock like superior intellect is BS and a cop out. But, you do what you gotta do.

Finally, I'm not a Trump devotee. I've disagreed with his stance on policy and this twitter feed multiple times. All you see is that deplorable tab and immediately begin to assume...and you know what that leads to.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It was most transmittable when people were sick. COVID-19 is efficiently spread before people get sick. This has made traditional symptomatic-based public health restrictions, which worked well for SARS, incapable of containing COVID-19.

This is a public health crisis, and as President, Donald Trump shouldn't be publicly talking about things he knows nothing about. Some people (idiots, maybe?) actually do listen to him and believe everything that he says. Trump said this on Fox & Friends yesterday:

"If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease...."

Children are not immune from the Coronavirus. They are getting infected with the disease and spreading it, but they do not get sick from it (in the overwhelming majority of cases) like the elderly or people with already compromised immune systems do. That is great news, but it is not the same thing as immunity. That was incredibly irresponsible of Trump to say.
Yes, you are correct that it spreads differently, but that is not the question I asked. Why did it go away?

Have seroprevalence studies indicated this - or just our diagnostic testing? If children are more likely to be asymptomatic, would they be as likely to be tested? Particularly when they are not having to participate in workplace testing?

Also - if memory T cell response is actually higher in children - would it be more likely they wouldn't have persistent antibodies that would be detected by sero studies, even if they were infected at some point?
So, the earliest serologic studies do indicate an overall lower (potentially much-lower) positivity rate in the 0-18 demographic. There have been several done in other countries (Geneva/Switz and Spain?), and the first two rounds of test results are now available from the CDC's surveillance program (available here: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.25.20140384v1.full.pdf ). I would add the notation that fewer children have been tested in most areas (understandably -- it's a blood draw).

Asymptomatic testing is happening for children -- primarily pre-operative, to my knowledge. There is also a good bit of "contact-tracing" testing going on. And, yes, the PCR positivity rate is definitely lower in kids.

Your question on T cells is a good one, and one that we don't have answers to, yet. I hope that we will be able to understand a lot more about immunity (and the infection, in general) with time.

Reactions: TennTradition

Seems like since those under 18 are assumed to be more likely safe as asymptomatic, that they would be tested less. But I suppose they would be more likely to be tested if they had any symptoms at all.

anyway, found this (from June):

A new report by the Florida Department of Health shows less than 5% of the Floridians who tested positive for the novel coronavirus were under the age of 18.

But that younger age group tested positive at almost twice the rate as the state as a whole, according to FDOH's new pediatric COVID-19 case report released June 12.

Statewide, 3,407 residents under age 18 have tested positive, or 9.2% of the 37,211 tested, compared with the overall 5% positive results (73,650) among Florida's residents who have tested for the virus. Including non-residents, 75,568 people have tested positive, or 5% of the 1.4 million tested.

Young Floridians test positive for coronavirus at almost twice the rate

Last edited:
Reactions: TennTradition

VN Store

Back