Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Do you ever say anything that makes any sense?

Of course it's going to go away. We will either gain herd immunity or there will be an effective vaccine.

Dude, have some self-respect. You know he's not talking about herd immunity and you know he's not talking about a vaccine. Just listen to these clips. He thinks it will just magically go away on its own.

Dude, have some self-respect. You know he's not talking about herd immunity and you know he's not talking about a vaccine. Just listen to these clips. He thinks it will just magically go away on its own.

I mean, virus's come and go every year. If you have kids then you understand this more than anyone

How did SARS-COV go away?
It was most transmittable when people were sick. COVID-19 is efficiently spread before people get sick. This has made traditional symptomatic-based public health restrictions, which worked well for SARS, incapable of containing COVID-19.

This is a public health crisis, and as President, Donald Trump shouldn't be publicly talking about things he knows nothing about. Some people (idiots, maybe?) actually do listen to him and believe everything that he says. Trump said this on Fox & Friends yesterday:

"If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease...."

Children are not immune from the Coronavirus. They are getting infected with the disease and spreading it, but they do not get sick from it (in the overwhelming majority of cases) like the elderly or people with already compromised immune systems do. That is great news, but it is not the same thing as immunity. That was incredibly irresponsible of Trump to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: lostsheep
What’s uninformed about it?
Wishful thinking without anything to back it up makes it uninformed. This virus has flourished in almost every habitable climate on earth for 8 months so it's not seasonal like most other viruses. There's no indication that it will go away on its own.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Wishful thinking without anything to back it up makes it uninformed. This virus has flourished in almost every habitable climate on earth for 8 months so it's not seasonal like most other viruses. There's no indication that it will go away on its own.
"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear." - President Donald Trump, speaking to attendees at an African American History Month reception in the White House Cabinet Room on February 27th.

5 months and over 150,000 American deaths later... we are still waiting on that miracle, Donny.

Reactions: Mick
Basically no one knows either way.... is Sweden and New York’s drop due to the virus running its course.... The human body is an amazing machine so this virus may dissipate on its own like so many have before it. It could adapt and come back yearly but no one knows.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Basically no one knows either way.... is Sweden and New York’s drop due to the virus running its course.... The human body is an amazing machine so this virus may dissipate on its own like so many have before it. It could adapt and come back yearly but no one knows.
Correct, you are. Tell that to the other guy instead of trying to argue with me.

It was most transmittable when people were sick. COVID-19 is efficiently spread before people get sick. This has made traditional symptomatic-based public health restrictions, which worked well for SARS, incapable of containing COVID-19.

This is a public health crisis, and as President, Donald Trump shouldn't be publicly talking about things he knows nothing about. Some people (idiots, maybe?) actually do listen to him and believe everything that he says. Trump said this on Fox & Friends yesterday:

"If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease...."

Children are not immune from the Coronavirus. They are getting infected with the disease and spreading it, but they do not get sick from it (in the overwhelming majority of cases) like the elderly or people with already compromised immune systems do. That is great news, but it is not the same thing as immunity. That was incredibly irresponsible of Trump to say.
Actually, the growing belief in the medical community is that a huge percentage of children ARE already immune, likely due to either prior infection with a different CV or some cross-protection from a vaccinated virus that has similarities (rubella is being investigated). There's no other good explanation for why the infection rate is so much lower in the pediatric population, and this also explains the incomplete penetrance in households and other close contacts.

In addition, asymptomatic transmission is NOT common, and children are much less likely to spread the infection than adults.

So you predict it will go away within the year? That's one bold uninformed statement.
No more than any of your predictions, neither of us are qualified. I'm just hoping for the best instead of waiting on doom and gloom, that cool with you?

Actually, the growing belief in the medical community is that a huge percentage of children ARE already immune, likely due to either prior infection with a different CV or some cross-protection from a vaccinated virus that has similarities (rubella is being investigated). There's no other good explanation for why the infection rate is so much lower in the pediatric population, and this also explains the incomplete penetrance in households and other close contacts.

In addition, asymptomatic transmission is NOT common, and children are much less likely to spread the infection than adults.
I was quoting information, verbatim, directly from the Mayo Clinic website. So, take it up with them... if you believe yourself to be more astute.

The first line on their site and underneath "Kids and COVID-19" reads as follows: "Children are not immune to COVID-19."

I was quoting information, verbatim, directly from the Mayo Clinic website. So, take it up with them... if you believe yourself to be more astute.

The first line under "Kids and COVID-19" reads as follows: "Children are not immune to COVID-19."
I'm not a scholar by any means, but I saw no where in his post that he said children are immune.

There's no other good explanation for why the infection rate is so much lower in the pediatric population, and this also explains the incomplete penetrance in households and other close contacts.
There's got to be something to this. Anecdotes are terrible evidence, but I can't tell you the number of families I know where just one or two family members have it despite obvious prolonged exposure.

VN Store

Back