Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are being specific to Romans, then most would have been built by legions. Which in reality was a type of slave labor. The poor and unfortunate sent off to die with the promise of land or glory if they are successful in their conquest. The Legions lived and died by their generals and/or consul who had the ultimate power and decided what legionaries received retribution and who didn’t. The roads were built primarily for Roman military conquest.

However almost anything dealing with specifics of the Roman Empire is a generalization when spread over its existence. As it lasted so long and the early Roman Empire was much different than that of post Pompey/Caesar.

This is true. Legionnaires were expected to be construction workers as they had to build defensive fortifications whenever the legions camped, and especially in Gaul, if the Romans laid siege, they would build a fortified wall around the city to keep the besieged from sallying out and attacking the Romans, and then build a second wall behind the legions to protect from an enemy trying to relieve the besieged city. And they could build those walls in impressive time.

Jarnell Stokes,Scotty hopson,JJJ and Robert Hubbs all say hello!...it’s definitely not as easy but a lot easier than football for sure..the game is still a faster Pace.
Jury still out ON JJJ. All the other guys you mentioned were solid, but I agree, did but perform as well as I hoped they would.

Reactions: UTSuave’
So you are saying our QBs have Rona?

tenor.gif
If so, I hope Guarantano is as bad at passing the Rona as he is at passing swing routes.

Jury still out ON JJJ. All the other guys you mentioned were solid, but I agree, did but perform as well as I hoped they would.

JJJ had to deal with a preseason hip injury which slowed his start to the season, and he apparently re-aggravated it during the season as his minutes dropped a few games and he had to sit out the Miss St game.. Plus Barnes wants his incoming guys to completely learn defense before worrying about offense. Not to mention learning how to play PG in Barnes system. I thought he looked much more comfortable down the final stretch, both his offense and as a PG. Hopefully he will be 100% healthy to start the upcoming season.

It’s unbelievable how biased the SEC is. They don’t hide it.

We can’t afford to go 5-5 and watch this recruiting class fall apart and hot seat rumors start flying. And we could with that schedule. Meanwhile Bama, fL, and ga, are playing the weakest schedules and cruising
I would love to beat two of those 3 which I think if we play good complete games or either of those teams sh*ts the bed against us is very possible.

I just wish they would be transparent. Show us how they are coming up with a fair schedule based on SoS. If we get LSU and A&M, then they can't justify it imo.
Florida and Bama didn't want to play each other. Bama plays UGA already this season as well and Florida's crossover is always LSU...Meanwhile "hey yall Pruitt has Tennessee on the come up, let's make their schedule a living hell to slow their rise down a bit."

I don’t think fans will be at any sporting event the rest of the year. College football and other sports need to get creative to earn revenue to lessen the impact of ticket sales. Allow fans at home to pay for virtual immersive experiences like views from helmet and body cams on coaches and players. Put those 3D cameras in the seats on the 50 yd line for people who enjoy watching the game from the stands. Allow fans to sign into the stadiums sound systems so their collective screams can be heard. I know there are logistical problems to each of these suggestions, but I want to see something offered to the fans that’s better than sitting on our butts at home.

its just hard to be empathetic. when in reality these programs have lived high on hog for years. most of us lay persons have had to budget, and live within our means. Why should business be any different?

Bloated college salaries, booster deals, and huge TV contracts. Hard to feel sorry for them.Meanwhile players still cant even make min wage.

26th in the preseason Coaches Poll

What will we be ranked by Sept 26th I wonder and how is that mess going to work? Not that it really matters

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
If we are being specific to Romans, then most would have been built by legions. Which in reality was a type of slave labor. The poor and unfortunate sent off to die with the promise of land or glory if they are successful in their conquest. The Legions lived and died by their generals and/or consul who had the ultimate power and decided what legionaries received retribution and who didn’t. The roads were built primarily for Roman military conquest.

However almost anything dealing with specifics of the Roman Empire is a generalization when spread over its existence. As it lasted so long and the early Roman Empire was much different than that of post Pompey/Caesar.
Some rich slaves getting paid with all that salt.

Sure would hate to own some farm land after being a poor Roman engineer slave.

its just hard to be empathetic. when in reality these programs have lived high on hog for years. most of us lay persons have had to budget, and live within our means. Why should business be any different?

Bloated college salaries, booster deals, and huge TV contracts. Hard to feel sorry for them.Meanwhile players still cant even make min wage.

I love sports, but I'm honestly ready for the sports (and all mass entertainment) bubble to burst. That happening doesn't have to be the death knell for sports, but they need to come back down to earth a bit.

There are a few times needed yes. To preserve a statute or if injuries are so bad you need them to negotiate down subrogation interest of health insurers but for the majority of wrecks where someone is checked out and released or a few ortho/chiro bills they are not. Contrary to attorney commercials, insurance companies aren’t out to get people. Insurers want to get their driver released from the claim and a lot of times will offer enough to do so.

Insurance companies want premiums but don’t like paying out claims. It’s business.

I love sports, but I'm honestly ready for the sports (and all mass entertainment) bubble to burst. That happening doesn't have to be the death knell for sports, but they need to come back down to earth a bit.
I would rather have 95 schollies than $10 HC salaries. Thats the reason the NFL sux

All ADs should get input so one team isn't getting screwed more than another. Not a fan of favoritism, especially when we're not the ones being favored.

Phil needs to bloody Bama Greg Commish’s nose and black his eye and tell him to fix it before he snaps him in two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back