Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I live long enough, my health stays good enough, and the nation keeps it together long enough for us to retire so we can just RV all over the west...we met a lot of retired folks that do just that, and are happy as larks.

Did you use an RV for this trip? If so, did you rent? I am thinking about this myself and am interested in this.

Lawyer up my friend. Get checked out by a few physicians. Back injuries can be life changing and you may not realize the full effects of the accident for a few weeks.
I work in the insurance field and hiring a lawyer is such a waste of time and mainly money for people. The lawyer doesn’t make the claim worth more than it is and they’re going to take 33-40% of your settlement for simply being an intermediary or negotiator. The plaintiff lawyer is an intelligent business model. You get paid and handsomely I might add for writing letters talking about other people’s injuries.

@GojiraVol17 that is a nasty wreck. For that force of impact bending your frame I’m assuming it was a semi that possibly started the whole thing. Glad you’re doing well. I deal with fatalities and the like all day long. Glad you’re going to be around for your little one. I’d get another truck. If you were in even a sedan it would’ve crunched all the way up. If you had been in a car and had God forbid a child in back seat no way they could’ve made it. That truck frame took a heavy brunt of impact.

The first table below shows our offensive line performance over the past 3 years (football outsiders).

ScreenHunter 518.png

We opened the season against Georgia State last year with a starting 5 of, left to right, Wanya Morris, Ryan Johnson, Brandon Kennedy, Riley Locklear, and Marcus Tatum. Against BYU, left to right, we started with Jahmir Johnson, Trey Smith, Brandon Kennedy, Ryan Johnson, and Marcus Tatum. In our third game, against Chattanooga, we unveiled our dream team for the offensive line, left to right, Wanya Morris, Trey Smith, Brandon Kennedy, K’Rojhn Calbert, and Darnell Wright. Along with Jerome Carvin, these 5 guys would claim most of the snaps for the remainder of the season. That experience is expected to pay off handsomely this year.

One of the key metrics that analysts like Phil Steele looks at is the number of career offensive line starts a team is returning. We have 9 guys with starting experience returning as shown in the table below. If you don’t have experience you better have talent. We have both this year. For reference, Auburn was at the top of the conference last year with returning career starts for the offensive line at 104. Georgia was second at 83. We have 116 this year.

ScreenHunter 517.png

Last year Florida didn’t have much of an offensive line and I’m not expecting it to be much improved this year. Dan Mullen, realizing he couldn’t run the ball, lucked out when Franks went down and Trask came on and bailed their season out with a pass happy attack. If we struggle with the passing game at the beginning of this season I’m hoping Chaney will consider putting in Brian Maurer and pressing the ground game as the strength of our offense. jmo.

I work in the insurance field and hiring a lawyer is such a waste of time and mainly money for people. The lawyer doesn’t make the claim worth more than it is and they’re going to take 33-40% of your settlement for simply being an intermediary or negotiator. The plaintiff lawyer is an intelligent business model. You get paid and handsomely I might add for writing letters talking about other people’s injuries.

@GojiraVol17 that is a nasty wreck. For that force of impact bending your frame I’m assuming it was a semi that possibly started the whole thing. Glad you’re doing well. I deal with fatalities and the like all day long. Glad you’re going to be around for your little one. I’d get another truck. If you were in even a sedan it would’ve crunched all the way up. If you had been in a car and had God forbid a child in back seat no way they could’ve made it. That truck frame took a heavy brunt of impact.
I was rear ended in my SUV, and the frame was bent. My kids were in the second row....sometimes I shudder to think what the outcome would have been if we were in the Camry. Still having back pain, and that was a year ago.

Did you use an RV for this trip? If so, did you rent? I am thinking about this myself and am interested in this.
No..we camped in the San Juans a couple of nights in our Sequoia, but most of the time we stayed in motels this trip. I have a 27 ft Salem Ltd travel trailer, but I wouldn't take it on that long of a trip unless I was going to stay in one spot for more than a couple of days.

I think I am going to find a cheap pop-up to take on trips out west from now on so we can set up quicker, and the weather won't be as much of a problem.

One night we stayed in a campground near Silverton with the Animas river five feet away from us..it was so awesome.

I’m just saying he may want to discuss the situation with council. If he ends up with back injuries that affect his quality of life permanently, or prevents his ability to work as before, then the basic money for a new truck isn’t going to cut it.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
I was rear ended in my SUV, and the frame was bent. My kids were in the second row....sometimes I shudder to think what the outcome would have been if we were in the Camry. Still having back pain, and that was a year ago.
Most bigger SUVs are on a truck frame. Some smaller ones have switched to unibody though. Glad you’re family is still all here and wasn’t something worse. Work provides me with a car but it’s a sedan. Makes me nervous all the time. Because of the nature of my work I’m constantly watching behind me as well

Texas AM takes a small step forward
LSU takes a small step back
Florida takes a small step forward
Georgia takes a small step back
Bama is Bama
We crush them all and harvest their souls. It is time.

Jmo

FYP

I am okay if they all say that it is because 2020 sucks, Covid, etc.

5-0 against these teams and then 5-0 against Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Missouri, and South Carolina.

We go 10-0. Coach Pruitt and AD Fulmer road trip to Tuscaloosa and pull the NC trophy out of Saban’s hands. AD Fulmer then gently tells him that it is retirement time. The student is now the Master. The last thing Saban hears as they walk away is laughter...

I’m just saying he may want to discuss the situation with council. If he ends up with back injuries that affect his quality of life permanently, or prevents his ability to work as before, then the basic money for a new truck isn’t going to cut it.
Yeah his injury claim would be separate from the property damage claim. He’ll be getting paid on that regardless.
@GojiraVol17 remember in TN you have a three year property damage statute but only a 1 year injury statute. Depending on the number of cars and people involved and the policy limits the liability carrier may have to prorate their payments to all parties. Keep that in mind.

Genuinely thank everyone for all the well wishes and prayers. It’s greatly appreciated. So very thankful I survived with little more than some cuts and bruises. I finally got all the glass shards and dust picked out of my skin. I’m supposed to be taking muscle relaxers for my back pain but I’m too redneck to do anything but push through the pain. This Vol won’t die that easily! Not today, Satan! 😂
Ice the bejeezus out of your neck and back. It will work as well if not better than the muscle relaxer.
Keep the ice on until the skin is numb, then the muscles are forced to relax.

Crouch, HT and Banks tag each other in Instagram posts all the time. Sounds like that MLB group is pretty tight. JJP stopped using social media almost as soon as he got to school so hopefully there’s nothing to read into there (that he’s not mentioned by those guys)
575FCBEF-097B-401F-9E95-8CD3D66E4E97.png

We did Paris, Colmar, Brussels, Cologne, Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Rotherberg, Frankfurt, Munich, Innsbruck, Lucerne, Florence, Venice, Rome, Orvietto, and London. Have about 2000 pictures printed. Amsterdam was my favorite city. Absolutely beautiful. Its like Venice but with roads
I use to live in Germany. But, Yellowstone has to be the most beautiful place I've ever been.

Some Thursday morning football notes...

With the news of the Big 10’s schedule plan and start date, it appears the ACC is going to going to be the lone Power 5 conference trying to play more than 10 games. The SEC and the PAC-12 are going to be the last Power 5 conferences to start play.

It’s amazing that the Power 5 conferences could not work together enough to determine a uniform start date or uniform number of games. But there’s no one in charge at the power 5 level and clearly those conferences don’t work well together which makes you wonder if they could ever unify enough to break away from the NCAA.

Speaking of the NCAA, non-power 5 schools have until mid-August to declare if they are going to play this fall or not. If they do play then they have to follow the NCAA’s return to play guidelines which includes testing 72 hours prior to competition. That’s obviously a reasonable rule but a challenging one for the smaller schools. Tests are about $100 a piece and you are talking about testing 200+ every week when you factor in rosters, coaches, trainers, managers, etc. And you are talking about multiple sports. You are potentially looking at 20-25k dollars just in testing and for some schools it simply might not be financially possible.

What’s the schedule look like? — As early as today or Friday, it’s thought the SEC will at least release the two extra opponent’s that are going to be added to everyone’s league only schedule. When the actual schedule itself is going to be released remains unclear.

After many in the league felt last week that the two added games would just be the next two years of your cross divisional opponent, the SEC is putting together a schedule supposedly more fair and balanced after some schools (Florida and Alabama being two) expressed concern about the difficulty of their schedule when adding their 2021 and 2022 rotating opponents.

What does fair and balanced look like? In the Big Ten it means Ohio State got Purdue instead of Wisconsin.

In the SEC we wait to find out. As a source in the league told us on Wednesday, “I promise you some teams aren’t going to be happy.”

If Tennessee’s draw is Texas A&M and LSU as we are hearing is a strong possibility, you can put Jeremy Pruitt at the top of the not happy list as the Vols would be playing 5 teams ranked n the ESPN’s Top 15 power index, with three of the five coming from the SEC west and two being additions to the altered schedule.

Extended mental work — With the revised SEC pre-season calendar, the mental work teams are getting this summer is unprecedented and could be of real benefit for some. In talking to people around programs in the league there’s a feeling that freshmen could be more ready to play than ever this season because of all the walk-throughs and film time they have had and will have with the coaches making them more mentally ready to play. Freshman simply should know their position better than previous freshmen because of these “OTA” workouts.

It’s also giving coaches an idea of who can help and who can’t early on because of how well someone is or isn’t grasping the system.

It’s also a huge help to guys like Quavaris Crouch who would have been a spectator only in the spring and Jeremy Banks who wasn’t on the team in the spring.

More protection — Earlier this week, LSU’s equipment guys tweeted out photos of them installing the face shields on their helmets to help and try prevent any possible on the field COVID exposure if someone were practicing or playing and hadn’t been diagnosed. On Wednesday, South Carolina’s Will Muschamp confirmed his players would be wearing some type of face covering on the practice field as well. You can also add Tennessee to that list. The Vols have the face shields or mouth shields on their helmets as well. All the NFL teams have them also.

- Hubbs

Obviously, being in the legal field, I would say otherwise. Lay people don’t always know how to negotiate, and insurance companies know this. There are also some issues involved in some cases that even I (as someone who doesn’t solely do it) don’t always realize. Good PI attorneys know how to get max value. Then, obviously, a lawsuit may be needed, and it might not have gotten to that point if the person never even sought legal advice. Our office will never take more than the client, and often, reduces its contractual fee. So, no, it’s not all bad on this side.

Hubbs laid it out. “Fair and balanced” schedule means protecting Florida and Bama and screwing the rest.

View attachment 297797
It’s unbelievable how biased the SEC is. They don’t hide it.

We can’t afford to go 5-5 and watch this recruiting class fall apart and hot seat rumors start flying. And we could with that schedule. Meanwhile Bama, fL, and ga, are playing the weakest schedules and cruising

Last edited:
It’s unbelievable ho biased the SEC is. They don’t hide it.

We can’t afford to go 5-5 and watch this recruiting class fall apart and hit seat rumors start flying. And we could with that schedule. Meanwhile Bama, fL, and ga, are playing the weakest schedules and cruising
Meh, Florida and Georgia are going to lose to us anyway.

We gonna whoop that azz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back