Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
People calling each other names over something neither side wants to budge on accomplishes even less. At this point, no one is changing anyone's mind. So let's just coexist peacefully. Life goes on.

You Bumble-looking son of a...wait, you weren’t asking for name calling?

Holes movie reference? That’s digging deep...

tenor.gif

I get tired of the two sides arguing and insulting each other with this mask debate. Why can't we just agree that individuals should do what they want? We all know the risks, we all know what this disease can do, so let people decide how they want to respond. Wearing a mask does not make one a bitch, and not wearing one does not make one a killer. Not everything has to be blown up into an insult-fest.
The problem is my mask protects you not me. Your mask protects me not you. So you’re not risking your health by not wearing one you’re risking everyone else’s. That is what people don’t seem to get about the whole mask deal and why it is so important to wear one (very easy for an asymptomatic person that doesn’t know he or she has it to infect the vulnerable and kill them and/or for that one non mask wearer or start an outbreak).

The price of your freedom not to wear one is paid for by the people you expose or put at risk not you. The masks can help the wearer some, especially the cloth ones, but the true benefit/purpose is that it doesn’t spread the mask wearers germs to everyone around them. The masks are more like face condoms to prevent the wearer from spewing their germs out to the world rather than something like a gas mask designed to keep you from breathing bad stuff in.

I think if more people understood how the whole mask thing worked more would understand the tension. Your freedom could cost someone else their life or the life of someone they love. Ironically the ones wearing masks are protecting those who aren’t.

***Note I’m using the general you/me here.

The problem is my mask protects you not me. Your mask protects me not you. So you’re not risking your health by not wearing one you’re risking everyone else’s. That is what people don’t seem to get about the whole mask deal and why it is so important to wear one (very easy for an asymptomatic person that doesn’t know he or she has it to infect the vulnerable and kill them and/or for that one non mask wearer or start an outbreak).

The price of your freedom not to wear one is paid for by the people you expose or put at risk not you. The masks can help the wearer some, especially the cloth ones, but the true benefit/purpose is that it doesn’t spread the mask wearers germs to everyone around them. The masks are more like face condoms to prevent the wearer from spewing their germs out to the world rather than something like a gas mask designed to keep you from breathing bad stuff in.

I think if more people understood how the whole mask thing worked more would understand the tension. Your freedom could cost someone else their life or the life of someone they love. Ironically the ones wearing masks are protecting those who aren’t.

This is assuming the the person not wearing a mask has COVID otherwise it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Billy Antrim

Face Condoms. That should change the minds of a lot of non-mask wearers. ;)

He isn’t wrong, 480 for some Oregon (likely outdoor) work is just sad for your pockets. Could’ve copped 2 from Colorado of some top shelf cookie flavor or OG or Sours for that price. 2 from a rec store too where you get blasted on tax.
Trust me, I understand. At the dispensary it’s 14/g. An ounce would be like $392? So I’m basically paying $88 for him to pick it up and bring it back. 30% thc for some flower is gas

I don't know how old you are, but I went through this in 2016 at age 69. I assume you have had a biopsy; what are your Gleason numbers? Mine were 6-8 (out of 10), very aggressive throughout, yet my bone scan and CT scan were both negative (no spread of the cancer). I then had a prostatectomy followed by radiation in 2018, and the cancer appears to be gone now (very low PSA numbers since).

This type of cancer is very treatable as long as it hasn't spread. Prayers out to you for good results on your bone scan and CT scan. Please let us know how you're doing.

Out of 12 biopsy samples, 2 were cancerous. One was a 3+4, so 7, and the other was 4+4, so 8. And I'm 62.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
This is assuming the the person not wearing a mask has COVID otherwise it doesn’t matter.
You have to assume everyone has it. If everyone wore one you could stop new cases and suppress the outbreak. That along with social distancing is how SARS-1 aka SARS-cov (COVID is sars-cov2 which led my football obsessed brain to nickname it cover-2 when all this started) was stopped before it got to the point COVID aka SARS-cov2 has gotten. We have also seen those measures work with the current outbreak but people have to comply with it.

You have to assume everyone has it. If everyone wore one you could stop new cases and suppress the outbreak. That along with social distancing is how SARS-1 aka SARS-cov (COVID is sars-2) was stopped before it got to the point COVID aka SARS-cov2 has gotten. We have also seen those measures work with the current outbreak but people have to comply with it.

This is a lot more transferable then those.

Also, if people would just practice proper hygiene and not be right on top of each other you would get the same outcome. Masks only lower the spread of expelled virus from the nose or mouth such as if you are coughing, sneezing, etc. however the virus still is expelled at some level. Look I don’t disagree that wearing a mask would help but with the way this virus is, a mask is not going to stop it cold turkey no matter how many people wear them.

Reactions: IBlvNTmWrk
This is a lot more transferable then those.

Also, if people would just practice proper hygiene and not be right on top of each other you would get the same outcome. Masks only lower the spread of expelled virus from the nose or mouth such as if you are coughing, sneezing, etc. however the virus still is expelled at some level. Look I don’t disagree that wearing a mask would help but with the way this virus is, a mask is not going to stop it cold turkey no matter how many people wear them.
Nothing is going to completely eradicate it even things that have been declared eradicated still exist they are just so rare that they no longer present risk to the general public. Masks, distancing and hygiene have suppressed COVID-19 in many places. It works but people have to make an effort.

Reactions: drvenner
Nothing is going to completely eradicate it even things that have been declared eradicated still exist they are just so rare that they no longer present risk to the general public. Masks, distancing and hygiene have suppressed COVID-19 in many places. It works but people have to make an effort.

I don’t disagree. However, I’ve seen first hand the virus not spread to someone who was within distance of someone who didn’t have a mask for long periods of time on numerous occasions. The reason probably being that the person practiced proper hygiene. Always washed hands etc. plus as long as you aren’t a hermit any virus on your person will be destroyed almost immediately upon exposure to the sun.

Even under mandatory lockdown law as stubborn Americans we are going to do whatever we feel like for the most part. We are just too large and diverse of a country to lock all of us up. That's why we may as well just nut up and herd immunity this thang

Jmo

Even under mandatory lockdown law as stubborn Americans we are going to do whatever we feel like for the most part. We are just too large and diverse of a country to lock all of us up. That's why we may as well just nut up and herd immunity this thang

Jmo

My biggest issue with “sheltering in place” is the fact that people were still getting the virus even though they were at home sheltered away. Why sit at home and get the virus when you can just go about your normal life and have the same chance of getting it. Just practice proper hygiene and don’t get all over or near people.....

Trust me, I understand. At the dispensary it’s 14/g. An ounce would be like $392? So I’m basically paying $88 for him to pick it up and bring it back. 30% thc for some flower is gas
You ever done DMT? Heard from a guy called Joe that it’s pretty good.

I'm not in favor of shutting down. I don't think school should be open yet. We don't have good data on how much children spread it. Many of them have been stuck at home for a while. If we get better data, then maybe. But to say that they don't spread it because they lack symptoms is not factual.
Think common sense here. Put alot ot young kids all bunched up, not washing hands thoroughly, comes back home to moms and pops , then goes to granny's and paw paw 's. Not to mention all the staff at school, principals, teachers, custodians, cafeteria workers. Yeah I'm absolutely positive that it would be a breeding ground for the virus to thrive and spread.
I mean if you are into depopulation then it would work.

My biggest issue with “sheltering in place” is the fact that people were still getting the virus even though they were at home sheltered away. Why sit at home and get the virus when you can just go about your normal life and have the same chance of getting it. Just practice proper hygiene and don’t get all over or near people.....

Mass scale quarantining is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree. However, I’ve seen first hand the virus not spread to someone who was within distance of someone who didn’t have a mask for long periods of time on numerous occasions. The reason probably being that the person practiced proper hygiene. Always washed hands etc. plus as long as you aren’t a hermit any virus on your person will be destroyed almost immediately upon exposure to the sun.
Like I said before, the mask is not to protect the person wearing it but to keep your germs in. That is why I called it a face condom rather than a gas mask. Even with poor hygiene some people aren’t going to contract it. The cruise ship provided some of the best data on that including a couple that was confined together breathing recycled air. Husband was infected but the wife was not. It’s not a certainty that exposure equals infection but a likelihood.

At any rate, I want football and life to get more normal so all y’all wear your dang masks, wash your hands and keep your distance so we can suppress this. The goal is to get the numbers low enough to where we can get back to normal and deal with small outbreaks the same way we do when schools shutdown for a week due to illness.

I get tired of the two sides arguing and insulting each other with this mask debate. Why can't we just agree that individuals should do what they want? We all know the risks, we all know what this disease can do, so let people decide how they want to respond. Wearing a mask does not make one a bitch, and not wearing one does not make one a killer. Not everything has to be blown up into an insult-fest.

People who don't wear a mask have lower cognitive ability, says study

Real covidiots! People who refuse to wear a mask have lower cognitive ability, new study shows | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back