Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. But the problem is that if someone shows concern for the spikes or wants to be cautious, then they get labeled. I work everyday, and I am in an industry where I see/meet/speak with multiple people on a daily basis. Clients have come up positive. Fellow attorneys have come up positive and been in bed for 8 days. I have to work, and I am not afraid because I am 40 years old. But I also have seen my parents and inlaws on holidays, and it can be worrisome- something that I have never had to do. Somehow, though, being concerned means that I am a coward or "don't live my life." It has all gotten political, which is funny because maybe I am an outlier based on my political affiliations.

I have said it before: you don't just cross the street without looking. I have a greater chance of surviving when I cross the street looking both ways. Sure, you can die "doing anything," but most reasonable people take precautions when doing those things.
And I am not talking about guys like you when I said "Cowardly masses"..I think you know who I am talking about...the F'n idiots that want to shut the world back down, and won't let people get on with it.

I know I have went round and round with you, but I do respect you.

The only prescription i was given for the first 18 days was rest and relaxation in isolation at home. after telling them after 18 days that i still had some low grade fever they prescribed me a Z-pack which they said "might' help get rid of the fever which to this point it has not.

Luckily for me my wife is a pharmacist so she has been loading me up on Vitamin C, melatonin, and zinc to try and help mitigate things since that's actually what most covid patients are getting for recovery. I honestly feel back to normal at this point but i'm supposed to continue quarantining until i have 72 hours without fever. So needless to say, gettting a 99.5 degree fever doesn't make me feel sick at 5 pm in the afternoon but it does keep me in this ridiculous loop of waiting 3 more days to be able to continue living my normal life in society.
What's your normal body temperature? Because to a lot of people 99.5 isn't a fever

I have first hand information from two different groups of people in Georgia, in different cities, who went to the doctor and were waiting in line to get tested and then walked out after waiting for hours. They never got tested but had given their information to the clinic they were in.

Days later, both groups got sent back TESTED POSITIVE results even though they had NOT actually been tested.

I will say, UM, you bring alot to the board. While we don't agree on everything, you help this community not be boring. It's been something to do during these 4 months.
Y'all gonna miss me when I'm gone..lol.

Hell..my lungs are scarred up pretty bad due to H1N1 nearly killing me in Oct-Nov 09, and then getting two extreme bouts of Bronchitis in late Nov and December back to back 11 and 12.

I figure if/when I do get Covid-19, and I have not strengthened my immune system enough, this virus will be pretty rough for me to deal with.

I agree with this. But the problem is that if someone shows concern for the spikes or wants to be cautious, then they get labeled. I work everyday, and I am in an industry where I see/meet/speak with multiple people on a daily basis. Clients have come up positive. Fellow attorneys have come up positive and been in bed for 8 days. I have to work, and I am not afraid because I am 40 years old. But I also have seen my parents and inlaws on holidays, and it can be worrisome- something that I have never had to do. Somehow, though, being concerned means that I am a coward or "don't live my life." It has all gotten political, which is funny because maybe I am an outlier based on my political affiliations.

I have said it before: you don't just cross the street without looking. I have a greater chance of surviving when I cross the street looking both ways. Sure, you can die "doing anything," but most reasonable people take precautions when doing those things.
Which is why I stated I wasn't talking about masks, or other precautions. I'm in a high risk group, not because of age, but because of my health. Being a transplant patient, I'm immunosuppressed, but that's just the tip of the iceberg with my health conditions. Won't go into details, but the impression I've been given is I'm at an extremely high risk of a bad outcome if I catch this thing. So friends and family are of course a bit nervous about being around me. But honestly, and maybe this is just me, I'd rather be surrounded by those I care about than be alone. And if I catch this disease, it's no one's fault. That's the one argument I disagree with the most, blaming people for possibly spreading this thing to grandma or grandpa. No one is knowingly trying to infect anyone, so I abhor the guilt tactics I see people use in arguments. It's human to worry, especially about those you love. So yeah, take reasonable precautions. Just don't stop living because you're scared of what MIGHT happen. And JMO, but before anyone just decides they're going to avoid someone who is high risk, maybe ask that person how they feel. Maybe they'd prefer taking the risk rather than being alone.

I’m curious how well these take. I still catch myself calling Washington’s NBA team the Bullets.
If Washington changes its name it should be the Sentinels like in the movie "The Replacements."Then they can hang up a jersey for Shane Falco, do the electric slide to "I will survive," really embrace the whole thing.
87eb4fd246c3667d8cfc983293a6e760.jpg

I’m curious how well these take. I still catch myself calling Washington’s NBA team the Bullets.
I get the reason that the Redskins name is offensive and I always have...but...I do not and never will understand the Cleveland Indians or Atlanta Braves or FSU seminoles names being offensive..that is just stupid.

Ok..I don't care, his mistakes are nowhere close to the level of gross stupidity that Cuomo and several others have descended...it is not fair to him, and I stand by that.

What would you have done?
I don't know. It is easy to judge someone after the fact. I would have to have heard what my advisors said but would keep in mind the health of all my citizens.

What's your normal body temperature? Because to a lot of people 99.5 isn't a fever
Normal temp for me is in the 97's. I would not categorize 99's as normal for me but i keep asking the same question of at what temperature is it no longer considered fever. 100, 99.5, 99.0, etc. No doctor seems to be able to answer that one either lol. No one wants to be the medical professional who tells you that you're fine to go back out there and then find out you're still contagious and you get people sick. I guess i can't say i blame them for that.

Reactions: Rishvol
Normal temp for me is in the 97's. I would not categorize 99's as normal for me but i keep asking the same question of at what temperature is it no longer considered fever. 100, 99.5, 99.0, etc. No doctor seems to be able to answer that one either lol. No one wants to be the medical professional who tells you that you're fine to go back out there and then find out you're still contagious and you get people sick. I guess i can't say i blame them for that.
Ok. Mine is also in the 97's. Personally I consider 99's a fever because that's 2 degrees above my average

Reactions: SmokinBob

My normal is in the 97’s with my max being in the low 98’s. If I have a temp of 99.3, I consider it a fever, atleast for me. Ofcourse, it’s different for everyone. I had a temp hover in the 99.3-100.1 range for a few weeks years ago when I had Mono.

I don't know. It is easy to judge someone after the fact. I would have to have heard what my advisors said but would keep in mind the health of all my citizens.
That's true..but packing Covid patients in nursing homes with the people who are killed at the greatest rate by Covid-19 was utterly f'n stupid. Every one of the governors that did that should be impeached for gross f'n stupidity. They are responsible for thousands upon thousands of deaths...that pisses me off, and it pisses me off even worse that tbe lefty propaganda machines literally ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back