Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone insist on making it about pre-existing conditions? It doesn't change the fact that people are dying who otherwise wouldn't have.

Thank you. The pre-existing condition talk is exactly the type of semantics I’m talking about. I don’t know if there were pre-existing conditions or not, and frankly, I don’t care. What I do know is that my wife’s Aunt Anna is a ball of positive energy who seems to be hard wired to take care of others. She has always been kind to me and generous with my family. Today Anna is having a hard time because she lost her cousin who she grew up with and loved dearly. She didn’t die of pre-existing conditions. She died because COVID-19 got in her lungs and made it impossible for her to take in enough oxygen to stay alive.

Well thats dependent on what their pre-existing conditions were.

At least 110k people have died in the US above the expected average for the same time period. It is factual that most of them would not otherwise have died. The insistence of some at making about pre-existing conditions is disrespectful.

Thank you. The pre-existing condition talk is exactly the type of semantics I’m talking about. I don’t know if there were pre-existing conditions or not, and frankly, I don’t care. What I do know is that my wife’s Aunt Anna is a ball of positive energy who seems to be hard wired to take care of others. She has always been kind to me and generous with my family. Today Anna is having a hard time because she lost her cousin who she grew up with and loved dearly. She didn’t die of pre-existing conditions. She died because COVID-19 got in her lungs and made it impossible for her to take in enough oxygen to stay alive.
Didn’t mean to offend you, was just asking. Sorry for your loss

I'm not offended, but if I personally had lost someone close, I might well find that line of questioning hurtful.
I was asking to gain knowledge about a virus we are essentially still clueless about. I don’t see that as a horrible thing.

I look at it as if we learn more as a whole then maybe it’ll help. Wasn’t being insensitive. But you stir up whatever you want, opinionated old man.

Reactions: jlawso21
The COVID-only death count is almost nothing now. Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

I think it’s a fair question, albeit insensitive to someone who just died. “Hey what killed you? The pneumonia, lung cancer, asthma, obesity, or Covid?”

The basis of the question is generally people trying to rationalize why this really isn't a problem. I think it's insensitive.

And I wouldn't get too married to the idea that the deaths are over. It may not get as bad as it was in March/April, but they are rising again.

I was asking to gain knowledge about a virus we are essentially still clueless about. I don’t see that as a horrible thing.

I look at it as if we learn more as a whole then maybe it’ll help. Wasn’t being insensitive. But you stir up whatever you want, opinionated old man.

Stir things up? You're confusing me with some others here.

Reactions: Volbucky
I guess the better question is how did she contract it and were they able to contact trace to help protect others.

Also, I am sorry for your families loss. Death is inevitable but for things like that should be preventable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volbucky
At least 110k people have died in the US above the expected average for the same time period. It is factual that most of them would not otherwise have died. The insistence of some at making about pre-existing conditions is disrespectful.

Disagree. It's combating misinformation. Seeking pre-existing conditions is a fair question. Agree to disagree, I really don't care either way.

To be honest we will never know “exactly” what the numbers are hospitals are inflating the numbers for assistance Just to get lump sums of government cash..it’s being treated as a game by the elites and “we” the people suffer from it the most...i do believe the pre-existing conditions do take some kind of toll on the body but not entirely.The fact is America wasn’t ready for a invisible pandemic and all of this could have been handled a little better but it’s hard defeating something you can’t see..this post is no disrespect what so ever by me saying any of this so the OP don’t take it as such.I’m sorry for anyone’s loss on this board And I’m sorry for the people who Are battling through it currently. Hopefully the vaccine they discover and distribute to the public actually works and saves lives.

Janitors in every Knox county School is in dismay with every classroom getting hand sanitizer dispensers. For 2 reasons: 1. It destroys the floors (bad reaction with the floor was) 2. They're going to have to replace them near everyday.
Also Knox county schools will become broke with this decision

"Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see." -- Helen Keller, if memory serves

But yeah, theres so much misinformation about this pAnDeMiC yeah I'd say those numbers are likely BS.

Enjoy your day.

I completely understand the skepticism due to the politicization, but unless states have started fabricating death certificates, then we know how many deaths above the average have happened.

To be honest we will never know “exactly” what the numbers are hospitals are inflating the numbers for assistance Just to get lump sums of government cash..it’s being treated as a game by the elites and “we” the people suffer from it the most...i do believe the pre-existing conditions do take some kind of toll on the body but not entirely.The fact is America wasn’t ready for a invisible pandemic and all of this could have been handled a little better but it’s hard defeating something you can’t see..this post is no disrespect what so ever by me saying any of this so the OP don’t take it as such.I’m sorry for anyone’s loss on this board And I’m sorry for the people who Are battling through it currently. Hopefully the vaccine they discover and distribute to the public actually works and saves lives.

I'm not talking about COVID numbers. I'm talking about reported deaths above the average for the time period. Has nothing to do with COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back