Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have first hand information from two different groups of people in Georgia, in different cities, who went to the doctor and were waiting in line to get tested and then walked out after waiting for hours. They never got tested but had given their information to the clinic they were in.

Days later, both groups got sent back TESTED POSITIVE results even though they had NOT actually been tested.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine from church. Went into a minute clinic and walked out.

Y'all gonna miss me when I'm gone..lol.

Hell..my lungs are scarred up pretty bad due to H1N1 nearly killing me in Oct-Nov 09, and then getting two extreme bouts of Bronchitis in late Nov and December back to back 11 and 12.

I figure if/when I do get Covid-19, and I have not strengthened my immune system enough, this virus will be pretty rough for me to deal with.

Take care of yourself. I hope the second half of the year is much better for you.

I hope all recruits take notice. Smart is a snake. I’m sure Jamie only went to UGA because he was a shoe in to start. Then they go and get JT behind his back and get him eligible as fast as possible. I would be pissed if I was him and his family. This shows Smart wants to play JT because he could have easily redshirted him.

I hope all recruits take notice. Smart is a snake. I’m sure Jamie only went to UGA because he was a shoe in to start. Then they go and get JT behind his back and get him eligible as fast as possible. I would be pissed if I was him and his family. This shows Smart wants to play JT because he could have easily redshirted him.

JT redshirted last year after being injured in Game 1

Reactions: Devo182
Same thing happened to a friend of mine from church. Went into a minute clinic and walked out.

SAme thing happened to someone we know in SC. Never got tested. Tested positive. It is these things and the media bias in general that make even the honest reporting very difficult to believe for a lot of people.

People just don’t trust them. Then I think they overplay certain things to try and get people to wake up. Only further deteriorating people’s trust.

Really sad state of affairs. When I wasn’t growing up people just had way more faith in the media as an institution

SAme thing happened to someone we know in SC. Never got tested. Tested positive. It is these things and the media bias in general that make even the honest reporting very difficult to believe for a lot of people.

People just don’t trust them. Then I think they overplay certain things to try and get people to wake up. Only further deteriorating people’s trust.

Really sad state of affairs. When I wasn’t growing up people just had way more faith in the media as an institution

Not going to protect the media because I have been involved with cases that were not reported correctly. However, I was told (and have heard repeated) that tests are about 70% reliable, both ways. So, you get negative results when someone might be positive, too. It's what could make the numbers unreliable but not sure what can be done at this point.

No one has lost their career? I don't know about that. I've seen plenty of stories where people have been fired for having unpopular opinions over the last several months.

Context. This statement is specifically about the debate around the Redskins team name.

Reactions: Devo182
Not going to protect the media because I have been involved with cases that were not reported correctly. However, I was told (and have heard repeated) that tests are about 70% reliable, both ways. So, you get negative results when someone might be positive, too. It's what could make the numbers unreliable but not sure what can be done at this point.

That is accurate from what I have found. 70-80% accuracy overall with some test types doing better than others. As an example there have been three PGA Tour players and a few caddies who tested positive on the first test. They were later tested negative three times - and they are using the more accurate PCR test. The Abbott test was highly questionable a couple months ago with 30-50% of the tests wrong, but the talk about seems to have stopped. Some of the bad tests were probably operator error related.

The PGA protocol was they had to pass three additional tests over a specific number of days to be approved for play. Some did. Three didn't, they had to quarantine. Not one of the three had any symptoms at all. So when they finished the quarantine they were released to play. The PGA decided the safest thing to do was to have all three pros play in the same group the first two days of the tourney.

The antibody test is simply not reliable at this point. It's reporting as many negative false tests as positive false tests. Yet, both types are counted into the stats they CDC/states are reporting. All I can say is review of the goods and bads needs to be done at conclusion so the mess is not repeated going forward. Unreliable data can lead to really poor decisions.

Last edited:
I have literally been screaming on here about loading up on the Vitamins since March...the first big reports made it abundantly obvious that weak immune systems were some of the biggest contributing factors in cases of extreme sickness and death...especially Vitamin D deficiency.
@SSVol approves this message

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back