Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every country has horrible deeds in their past, but no country carries guilt like we do. People need to learn to forgive their ancestors. Their sins are not ours to bear.

More proof as to why knowing your history is very important because if you don’t,you’ll never Learn from others previous mistakes or how far we’ve come as individuals.

1594651727854.gif

Reactions: Kristy*
The instances of parents contracting it from their children may be zero. A few days ago I heard that not one instance recorded in the world of that.
It is at least 1. Our daughter got it. Then gave it to me and my wife. We all 3 tested. She was positive and had mild symptoms. Me and my wife tested negative and had no symptoms. We went straight home and quarantined. A few days later we both started having symptoms. Went back to get tested and we were both positive. Our daughter was literally the only person we had any contact with after our negative test. The health officials were very surprised. They told us that children were not contagious much at all and it would be very rare for our 9 year old to spread it to adults.

Yeah I know its provisional data.

As of right now they have only 142 deaths between the ages of 15-24. Thats like 1 percent of 1 percent. .001 of the total fatalities.

Take away the deaths of those who had the severe underlying health issues, the deaths WITH the virus, and you have basically nobody death. Anomalies.

Play football. Protect the people who are actually vulnerable.
The ******* cowardly masses will not let it happen...I am so freaking sick of this stupid bullcrap..

I just found out whole family of my wifes cousins contracted the virus including their 75 year old dad who has had two heart attacks and two heart surgeries 3-4 years ago..then got colon cancer, and had surgery and chemo that just finished up a few months ago..the guy was in ICU for three days and got better, and none of his 3 children 36-48 years old, or his 73 year old wife even got sick enough to go to the hospital.

My 25 year old daughter has had it a week and all it amounts to is a headache that comes and goes, a head cold, and a scratchy throat...no fever at all to this point.

The ******* cowardly masses will not let it happen...I am so freaking sick of this stupid bullcrap..

I just found out whole family of my wifes cousins contracted the virus including their 75 year old dad who has had two heart attacks and two heart surgeries 3-4 years ago..then got colon cancer, and had surgery and chemo that just finished up a few months ago..the guy was in ICU for three days and got better, and none of his 3 children 36-48 years old, or his 73 year old wife even got sick enough to go to the hospital.

My 25 year old daughter has had it a week and all it amounts to is a headache that comes and goes, a head cold, and a scratchy throat...no fever at all to this point.
I'm 29 years old and I tested positive about 2 weeks ago and had symptoms for 20 days now. really bad GI issues and fever were the symptoms i had. day 20 now and somehow i still have a low grade fever in the 99's every day in the late afternoon even though I feel back to 100%. The issue is that i have a pregnant wife and literally no doctor on earth can tell me when i'm 100% no longer contagious or when i can stop quarantine for sure. i'm fortunate that i can work from home without issues but I can't imagine if someone had to quarantine for 3+ weeks and was not getting paid to help support their family... This entire thing is just a complete mess on all fronts.

Why are people so angry at other people? Why are we cowardly? Just bc we're scared? Or, is the anger just misdirected at inability to cope and understand that you're scared of the unknown? I'm scared man, its kept me up nights. No less a men to say it.

To be honest we will never know “exactly” what the numbers are hospitals are inflating the numbers for assistance Just to get lump sums of government cash..it’s being treated as a game by the elites and “we” the people suffer from it the most...i do believe the pre-existing conditions do take some kind of toll on the body but not entirely.The fact is America wasn’t ready for a invisible pandemic and all of this could have been handled a little better but it’s hard defeating something you can’t see..this post is no disrespect what so ever by me saying any of this so the OP don’t take it as such.I’m sorry for anyone’s loss on this board And I’m sorry for the people who Are battling through it currently. Hopefully the vaccine they discover and distribute to the public actually works and saves lives.
I see people say this kinda stuff and then hear my ER doctor brother in central Florida talk about how exhausted he is from the ceaseless, overwhelming onslaught of COVID patients at his hospital and it feels like people are just on completely different planets about this.

Why are people so angry at other people? Why are we cowardly? Just bc we're scared? Or, is the anger just misdirected at inability to cope and understand that you're scared of the unknown? I'm scared man, its kept me up nights. No less a men to say it.

I say this as someone who has come pretty damn close to dying, you cannot live your life in fear. Before people get their panties in a wad, this isn't about wearing masks or taking precautions, this is about people who literally seem in fear of living their lives, afraid they may catch this wretched disease, Life doesn't stop over a virus. The truth is, anyone could meet their end at anytime from a myriad of ways. I'm not advocating for courting death, but live life while you have it, because it can be gone before you know it. Call me crazy or stupid if you want, but I'm of the belief that when it's my time, then it's my time. The majority of people do not choose how they die, but we can choose how we live.

I don't want to catch it, I have a healthy respect for it, but I am not going to let fear of it rule my life, I have been driving people back and forth to hospitals and doctors offices the whole time, and it actually shocks me that I haven't caught it yet..the stupid virus is here to stay...forever, so you better figure out how to live with it.

I want to live, not exist.

A relative few people get really sick, and that sucks and I hate it, but most don't.

I wish they would hurry and get a vaccine, but I am not going to hold my breath. If we don't get on about living and spending money on things and services people provide...the economic situation in this country, and a whole bunch of others for that matter, is going to be utterly devastated, and most will.have nothing left but a miserable wretched existence to look forward to.

I say this as someone who has come pretty damn close to dying, you cannot live your life in fear. Before people get their panties in a wad, this isn't about wearing masks or taking precautions, this is about people who literally seem in fear of living their lives, afraid they may catch this wretched disease, Life doesn't stop over a virus. The truth is, anyone could meet their end at anytime from a myriad of ways. I'm not advocating for courting death, but live life while you have it, because it can be gone before you know it. Call me crazy or stupid if you want, but I'm of the belief that when it's my time, then it's my time. The majority of people do not choose how they die, but we can choose how we live.
This is exactly how I feel.

Reactions: csprig9
Been too long since we've gotten a commit. I need my fix.

tenor.gif

I see people say this kinda stuff and then hear my ER doctor brother in central Florida talk about how exhausted he is from the ceaseless, overwhelming onslaught of COVID patients at his hospital and it feels like people are just on completely different planets about this.
It's because he is an ER doctor..I presume in a large city...it will pass...we are reaping the ongoing, neverending rewards of "flattening the curve".

There are always going to be Covid patients now henceforth forever..it is never going away, but the "spike" will..that is a fact.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
I'm 29 years old and I tested positive about 2 weeks ago and had symptoms for 20 days now. really bad GI issues and fever were the symptoms i had. day 20 now and somehow i still have a low grade fever in the 99's every day in the late afternoon even though I feel back to 100%. The issue is that i have a pregnant wife and literally no doctor on earth can tell me when i'm 100% no longer contagious or when i can stop quarantine for sure. i'm fortunate that i can work from home without issues but I can't imagine if someone had to quarantine for 3+ weeks and was not getting paid to help support their family... This entire thing is just a complete mess on all fronts.
That sucks man...load up on the vitamins and help your immune system as much as possible...that is about all you can do.

What were you prescribed by your MD to fight this infection??

Reactions: tn4elvis
well thought out...positive post. Thanks!

What were you prescribed by your MD to fight this infection??
The only prescription i was given for the first 18 days was rest and relaxation in isolation at home. after telling them after 18 days that i still had some low grade fever they prescribed me a Z-pack which they said "might' help get rid of the fever which to this point it has not.

Luckily for me my wife is a pharmacist so she has been loading me up on Vitamin C, melatonin, and zinc to try and help mitigate things since that's actually what most covid patients are getting for recovery. I honestly feel back to normal at this point but i'm supposed to continue quarantining until i have 72 hours without fever. So needless to say, gettting a 99.5 degree fever doesn't make me feel sick at 5 pm in the afternoon but it does keep me in this ridiculous loop of waiting 3 more days to be able to continue living my normal life in society.

The only prescription i was given for the first 18 days was rest and relaxation in isolation at home. after telling them after 18 days that i still had some low grade fever they prescribed me a Z-pack which they said "might' help get rid of the fever which to this point it has not.

Luckily for me my wife is a pharmacist so she has been loading me up on Vitamin C, melatonin, and zinc to try and help mitigate things since that's actually what most covid patients are getting for recovery. I honestly feel back to normal at this point but i'm supposed to continue quarantining until i have 72 hours without fever. So needless to say, gettting a 99.5 degree fever doesn't make me feel sick at 5 pm in the afternoon but it does keep me in this ridiculous loop of waiting 3 more days to be able to continue living my normal life in society.
No Vitamin D?

Reactions: BennesseeVols

I agree with this. But the problem is that if someone shows concern for the spikes or wants to be cautious, then they get labeled. I work everyday, and I am in an industry where I see/meet/speak with multiple people on a daily basis. Clients have come up positive. Fellow attorneys have come up positive and been in bed for 8 days. I have to work, and I am not afraid because I am 40 years old. But I also have seen my parents and inlaws on holidays, and it can be worrisome- something that I have never had to do. Somehow, though, being concerned means that I am a coward or "don't live my life." It has all gotten political, which is funny because maybe I am an outlier based on my political affiliations.

I have said it before: you don't just cross the street without looking. I have a greater chance of surviving when I cross the street looking both ways. Sure, you can die "doing anything," but most reasonable people take precautions when doing those things.

I agree with this. But the problem is that if someone shows concern for the spikes or wants to be cautious, then they get labeled. I work everyday, and I am in an industry where I see/meet/speak with multiple people on a daily basis. Clients have come up positive. Fellow attorneys have come up positive and been in bed for 8 days. I have to work, and I am not afraid because I am 40 years old. But I also have seen my parents and inlaws on holidays, and it can be worrisome- something that I have never had to do. Somehow, though, being concerned means that I am a coward or "don't live my life." It has all gotten political, which is funny because maybe I am an outlier based on my political affiliations.

I have said it before: you don't just cross the street without looking. I have a greater chance of surviving when I cross the street looking both ways. Sure, you can die "doing anything," but most reasonable people take precautions when doing those things.
I like you..

Reactions: VolGee4
I think people who are worried or at risk should stay home and people who are not should be encouraged to keep the world turning. As safely as possible. School needs to start. Kids need a real classroom. Virtual learning is garbage. Parents should be encouraged by schools to get antibody tests for their children. Kids with fever or sniffles should be sent home and required to have a covid test before coming back. Done. Six or eight months later most of the kids will have already been exposed and you've inoculated them for free without chemicals well before any vaccines or antibody treatments are available much less distributed. But we all have our opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back