The cancel culture is getting out of control

Do you ever read history? Washington and Jefferson were described as slave owners many times before now. It's crazy and dangerous to act like it isn't true.
It’s also helpful to point out everyone’s flaws when it helps push a narrative. As it’s already been posted those things never seemed to matter when past presidents or candidates visited Mount Rushmore.

It’s also helpful to point out everyone’s flaws when it helps push a narrative. As it’s already been posted those things never seemed to matter when past presidents or candidates visited Mount Rushmore.

"Things" are not the same today as they were two months ago or when past presidents visited Mt. Rushmore.

You make no sense. You agree Presidents 1 and 3 were slave owners yet you are upset that people refer to them as such. You are trying to control the free speech of others (who happen to be telling the truth) because you don't like what they say.

No one is trying to “control the free speech of others,” but instead are simply pointing out that it’s a very narrative-furthering way of referring to our founding fathers.

When you think of Washington and Jefferson, I truly doubt that the first thing to pop into your mind is “slave owners.” Accordingly, referring to them as such in this context is definitely a stretch.

Last edited:
You make no sense. You agree Presidents 1 and 3 were slave owners yet you are upset that people refer to them as such. You are trying to control the free speech of others (who happen to be telling the truth) because you don't like what they say.

I make perfect sense. We all know they owned slaves at a different point in the history of our nation. We don't look in our wallets and say oh look slaveowners. You know that is next. This is the cancel culture. Just move on this conversation is pointless. Maturity is optional.

"Things" are not the same today as they were two months ago or when past presidents visited Mt. Rushmore.

So, they weren’t slave owners 2 months ago, but they are now?

The men are long dead. Their history has remained the same.

The only thing that has changed is Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Y’all should have to wear masks to identify yourselves.

No one is trying to “control the free speech of others,” but instead are simply pointing OU that it’s a very narrative-furthering way of referring to our founding fathers.

When you think of Washington and Jefferson, I truly doubt that the first thing to pop into your mind is “slave owners.” Accordingly, referring to them as such in this context is definitely a stretch.

No, being slave owners is not the first thing that occurs to me when I think of Washington or Jefferson. But my contextual perspective is different from other people's and you or I cannot control that.

No one is trying to “control the free speech of others,” but instead are simply pointing OU that it’s a very narrative-furthering way of referring to our founding fathers.

Unfortunately people lie on this board just like they do out in society.

Attempting to control free speech would be claiming this is and then demanding laws against "hate speech".

Criticizing a cancerous gossip outlet's coverage and attempts to sew discord is not trying to stifle free speech. It's calling out when someone uses their free speech like an idiot.

Try again.

This is leftist doctrine right here folks. Progressivism, liberalism, marxism, the great utopia, etc. It goes by many names.

How is having a different perspective on factual history Marxist? People aren't engaging in historical revisionism here.

I really like the affirmative action druggie terrorist guy.

Attempting to control free speech would be claiming this is and then demanding laws against "hate speech".

Criticizing a cancerous gossip outlet's coverage and attempts to sew discord is not trying to stifle free speech. It's calling out when someone uses their free speech like an idiot.

Try again.

They have their opinion and you have yours.

Let’s cut it the chase. Do you think all monuments to the FFs should be destroyed? Do you think others should attempt to destroy them?

A yes or no will suffice.
1st question - no
2nd question - sure, if they are so moved.

You are absolutely right. There will be zero black homicides in Chicago or any other major urban utopia this weekend. George Kirby died not in vain.

That's like saying if you go out and shoot a 59 at Augusta and you will have beaten Tiger Woods in 1997. You are a typical changer of history based on the prism of time and your 'morality'.

Some people use the bible the same way.

VN Store

Back