The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Guess that means keeping the Braves and Preds. Win!

Maybe not the best fit in this this thread but I couldn't find a better one.

For years I used Apple Airport Express or Apple TV to stream music to music to existing stereo systems. Over the years the Airport Express's have lost support from Apple and the new Apple TV requires optic out so I've used some cheap DACs to switch optic to RCA.

I tried a cheap (Eskin?) blue tooth receiver but the sound quality was crap.

Finally broke down and bought the AudioEngine B1 - bluetooth receiver (with built in DAC).

Sound quality is great. It's not cheap but it sure makes life easy to stream from any of my devices holding all my music to my legacy stereo systems.

Recommended.

B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver — Audioengine

I still think HBO Max is a stupid name. It does nothing to promote that it's basically Warner Bros. streaming home.

That’s a pretty substantial hike, obviously. I’m still a lot better of than what I was paying for cable, but much less so than initially. Wasn’t YouTube TV originally like $30 a month when it first came out?
According to the link you posted. $35 when launched - $40 in 2018 - $50 in 2019 - now $64.99

According to the link you posted. $35 when launched - $40 in 2018 - $50 in 2019 - now $64.99
Sounds right. I’m guilty of not fully reading. Lol. I actually read an article and went back to copy/paste and selected a different one, I guess.

I don’t care anything about the channels they added, which sucks.

That’s a pretty substantial hike, obviously. I’m still a lot better of than what I was paying for cable, but much less so than initially. Wasn’t YouTube TV originally like $30 a month when it first came out?

Knew it was coming and I'm not mad at YouTube. Wasn't ever really that mad at cable/satellite. Media companies (station owners) just want a larger cut every 6 flipping months.
And they want their other 50 stations to be part of the packaging. And they get it by moving half of their decent programming to History2 or ESPN25 or whatever 🙄

I read that Paramount was moving to the Peacock streaming service...which might mean no more Yellowstone on Philo...I asked them online but didn't get an answer

Good God... Is Sling any good? I had Sling for a few weeks in 2016 and it had issues. I just need something with SEC Network. Whatever the cheapest option is with SECN, because I can then just use the ESPN app..

Good God... Is Sling any good? I had Sling for a few weeks in 2016 and it had issues. I just need something with SEC Network. Whatever the cheapest option is with SECN, because I can then just use the ESPN app..
It works fine for me. There are a few channel's websites I wish you could log into with them as your cable provider, that I can't. TNT, Adult Swim, ECT. But I've been pretty pleased with it overall. The built in DVR is a little wonky every once in a while. But it's not a frequent problem. It plays well with a Roku. I haven't tried it with any of the Amazon boxes/sticks.

Reactions: Offset Eye
It works fine for me. There are a few channel's websites I wish you could log into with them as your cable provider, that I can't. TNT, Adult Swim, ECT. But I've been pretty pleased with it overall. The built in DVR is a little wonky every once in a while. But it's not a frequent problem. It plays well with a Roku. I haven't tried it with any of the Amazon boxes/sticks.

Thanks for the reply! I hardly ever watch TV. I also have two 13-year olds and a better half that hardly watches TV. Just want to see college football. Don't give a damn about NFL.

Last edited:
Google gives me 8 channels I didn't want and increases the charge by 30%.

Time to find an alternative
It’s annoying but YTTV is probably still a good value. I’m a ways away from a price point where I’ll get too fired up about it.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I canceled HBO. Just canceled YouTube TV. All I wanna do is watch College Football. Everything else is filled by YouTube (regular) and Prime Video. I'm done with MLB, NASCAR, NBA, NFL.
Checkout the Roku apps for the following all offer free programs/movies...

Tubi
Pluto TV
CW Seed
The CW (any CW show can be viewed next day)
Stirr
Filmrise (has a dozen different channel apps)
Crackle

Last edited:
Reactions: Offset Eye

VN Store

Back