Why We Must Do All We Can to Try and Have College Sports

I think a lot of questions will be answered during the 60 day major league baseball season. If it does not work well, then no way a full contact sports can play. We can watch and see how it goes.

Reactions: kcvols1
Any virus “mutates”. Remember, the is is COVID-19. The 19th known strain. You missed the entire point of my post. If we wait for an “effective” vaccine to go on with life, just hang it up. The issue with a viral vaccine is it relies on a healthy immune system to respond. The injected person’s immune system has to create the B cells, T cells and antibodies itself. Antibiotics don’t work because a virus is not alive. If a person’s immune system is compromised, NO viral vaccine will help them. The chunks of protein that are injected will just float around until finally expelled by the body.
Named COVID-19 because it was discovered in 2019

If it was you to die, would you willingly sacrifice yourself for the masses who "need to work"?
Yes!! Poverty kills at an astronomical rate beyond this little virus. If you are in a risk group stay home. My fear is that this hype is going to ultimately kill more than the virus and another chink in the trust of our Federal Government will result in even worse death in a future real pandemic. The virus is real. . . a pandemic it is not. I fought for this country, willing to die, and I have had a full life since. I see no reason to condemn the future generations to a life of poverty and fear. Total insanity now rules the world. Sad. . . The poorer we make this country, the more the young pay the price. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...our-politics-are-more-unequal-than-elsewhere/

You could die on your next trip to the grocery store... run over by a Prius. Everything in life is a risk.
Just like it's you're choice to feel this way these kids should have a choice as well to risk their Health or not. I just hope everyone stays healthy and alive.

Just like it's you're choice to feel this way these kids should have a choice as well to risk their Health or not. I just hope everyone stays healthy and alive.

You are going to be very disappointed in life, then. People get sick, and unfortunately, people die. The question is: how far should we go as a society to keep people from catching infections?

There are a whole bunch of things that you should fear more than CV19 when you leave your house. Meningitis, pneumonia, RMSF, RSV, bacterial enterocolitis, even influenza have significantly higher mortality rates than CV19 in young/healthy individuals. The numbers are hard to nail down, but I think we are still at around ten pediatric deaths in the entire nation, and most/all had significant comorbidities.

I don’t think it’s happening, or if it does, it will be short lived because probably a week into the season there will be outbreaks on campuses or within football programs. Once that happens the overreactions will ensue and everything will be shut down again. This will be life in America until there is a reliable vaccine.
Well buckle up for a few decades..SARS has been interacting with humans consistently for two decades and they've still got nothing.

You are going to be very disappointed in life, then. People get sick, and unfortunately, people die. The question is: how far should we go as a society to keep people from catching infections?

There are a whole bunch of things that you should fear more than CV19 when you leave your house. Meningitis, pneumonia, RMSF, RSV, bacterial enterocolitis, even influenza have significantly higher mortality rates than CV19 in young/healthy individuals. The numbers are hard to nail down, but I think we are still at around ten pediatric deaths in the entire nation, and most/all had significant comorbidities.
Ok man good luck

As far as any individual or collective can.

We’re certainly pressing the limit of those bounds. There’s good data that seems to show the economics will make further lockdown unfeasible, even assuming you could get more than 50% of the population to stay home a second time.

I’ve heard reasonable people I’ve known for years start railing about Fauci and the WHO, conspiracy theories, etc.

I don’t subscribe to those because of Occam’s Razor, but the fact I’m hearing it shows me a LOT of people are getting desperate. I think that makes the thought we could stop the spread in the US a pipe dream.

We’re going through hell, so might as well join hands and keep going. Wear a mask if you can’t distance yourself from the vulnerable. Help those nearest to you in kin and proximity. Be kind to all. Offer solutions instead of debating the scope and nature of problems.

It's unfortunate for the living, the dead, not at all.

As far as any individual or collective can.

You just responded to a Doctor who presented you with facts about how there are plenty of other things in this world to be concerned about when you wake up in the morning and yet you still want to take this as far as any individual can? You do realize that from where our peak was in terms of deaths in April we are down 90% from that point? The only thing people want to talk about is the number of positive cases, but the number of deaths has dropped at an exceptional rate.

If it was you to die, would you willingly sacrifice yourself for the masses who "need to work"?

I walk out of my house every day to that possibility. My son will be a sophomore at MSU this fall. He and I both hope students are able to be back on campus. We shut down to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed, and we succeeded. Then a new "if we can save one life" narrative was sold to some folks, and they are trying to shame the rest of us. Some will be shamed and fall in line, but some of us aren't buying.

We're getting a much better handle on this thing medically, and the percentage of positives needing extreme care is going down. Certainly more will die, but we've always lived knowing each breath could be our last. At 52 I'm probably relatively safe, but I'm also at an age when some begin to unknowingly develop comorbidities which complicate Covid. When I go to the grocery this morning and then meet friends for lunch I could contract the virus. I'm not immune.

Don't worry hide under your beds until that vaccine arrives to fight this virus. We've been down this path before, see how great that HIV vaccine worked out???

Reactions: norrislakevol

I think they do have a choice. If the season is played, they can choose to participate, or not. In contrast, if the season is not played, do they have a choice?

I think they do have a choice. If the season is played, they can choose to participate, or not. In contrast, if the season is not played, do they have a choice?

Exactly, no one is required to play college football. I would suggest anyone who believes it is a racist institution not play. Get a job or pay tuition, and open up a football scholarship for someone who will appreciate it.

I don’t think it’s happening, or if it does, it will be short lived because probably a week into the season there will be outbreaks on campuses or within football programs. Once that happens the overreactions will ensue and everything will be shut down again. This will be life in America until there is a reliable vaccine.
I agree with your post however a vaccine is not a cure! Also dont take that vaccine...... this has all played out wayyyyy to well for it to have not been planned. Something wicked this way comes

Reactions: Kdbnab1
I agree with your post however a vaccine is not a cure! Also dont take that vaccine...... this has all played out wayyyyy to well for it to have not been planned. Something wicked this way comes

I’ve had COVID-19, as has my wife and 12 year old son. It’s not a conspiracy, take off the tin foil hat.

Not a cure? What happened to Polio? Planned? This has sucked for everyone.

I'll be first in line for the vaccine if my doctor supports it.

Sports should come back. Look at the data people! Look at the data!
People dont know how. 500k died yet 8 billion still alive. The more cases we get the more we realize the death rate is less than 1 freak % but the Pro Rona crowd cant stop fearmongering. Yes like you said look at the freakin data for god sakes

can anyone elaborate on that 1 in a 1000 mortality rate? I don't think that would apply to young healthy athletes and I don't think it would apply to 80 plus year old nursing home residents. I suppose that is some egg heads estimate of averages isn't it? BECAUSE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT MOST INFECTIONS!

I don't think the virus kills young healthy people--especially at the rate of one in a thousand! (when most don't even know they are sick)

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.

go to the first game and get the virus.

by game three you are over it, can't get it again, and can't transmit it to anyone else!

your own body gives you the protection that the vaccine will given and it didn't take but two weeks!

no worries!

it you're old and feeble don't try this!

Reactions: VolDave53
If it was you to die, would you willingly sacrifice yourself for the masses who "need to go to football games"?

You probably have already had it yet you could still enjoy a steak and a Coors Light with family. I'm not saying we should have football. In some ways this is a time for people to adjust to other things that are important but I think sports is needed to level the rigors of life. With that said, that is why sports shouldn't mix with other things.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back