ESPN Hits All Time 41 yr Ratings Low as Wokecenter on steroids takes over

If ESPN thinks I'm going to watch a bunch of political crap I've got news for them. I won't watch a TN ball game if they think they're going to politicize college football.

I've never noticed politics getting into the actual game broadcasts. They dont typically show the anthem live. I'm sure they'll show a recorded clip if the players kneeling for a few seconds and move on. If you feel the players speaking their minds off the field is "politicizing college football," you may not be watching many games for awhile.

Reactions: NashVol11
I've never noticed politics getting into the actual game broadcasts. They dont typically show the anthem live. I'm sure they'll show a recorded clip if the players kneeling for a few seconds and move on. If you feel the players speaking their minds off the field is "politicizing college football," you may not be watching many games for awhile.
My money and my choice. Maybe you can double up you donation and watch more TV.

My money and my choice. Maybe you can double up you donation and watch more TV.

I'm just saying that I dont think you'll have to listen to very much political stuff by just watching the games. I havent watched any ESPN shows (including the highlight shows) in years, not because they are political, but because they aren't very good anyway.

Obviously you can't afford an Apple MacBook Pro?
Yes I would need to cash in all my food stamps to buy a MacBook like you. A MacBook likely used for web browsing and flash gaming. I'm guessing you also use it to run windows

FYI mine is free from work and every bit as good. I'm actually in IS but appreciate your concern

Aside from the obvious "no ****. sports are dead." angle, ESPN took a hard turn away from politics and has pushed everything more towards centrist opinions. They've really limited the politics, but right now it's kinda impossible since the two worlds are so intertwined at the moment.

So, if ratings are down after ESPN corrected its behavior, what does that tell you?
Says who? They are still hard left and racially divisive. You might think they've moved center but hell, your seats are next to Steve Bartman, anything looks toward center for you.

ESPN is MSNBC level bad. Had to watch it the other day because I was at a restaurant and it was absolutely insane. Pretending Dallas signing a backup QB to 1/10th of what they’re offering their starter was somehow racist

This whole thing has gotten repulsive. Think if conservatives stop supporting these political rallys fronting as sports. The revenue stream would suffer immensely and put a hurting on these industries. Liberals biatch about popcorn prices. If the team isn't winning they won't show up if they can't front on instagram. They'll find another venue to wear their Saturday nights best.

ESPN lost me as a regular viewer when they went to the personality driven media with everything. I want to watch sports, highlights, player interviews. Not be told what to think about politics in sports by an anchor personality giving their hot take.

About the only thing I watch on ESPN anymore is football/occasional baseball. 30 for 30 docs. That's about it.

We knew it was a joke when Lebron James pulled a high school stunt and publicly announced that he was going to Miami. A Laker great wannabe.

Reactions: Silence Dogood
That Ain't all of the reason. I have tuned in daily to see what was happening in the sports world, and those people are literally Screaming into the cameras. And as difficult as it is to believe, they are more WOKE than CNN and MCDNC. ESPN has turned into the Social Justice Network on steroids.

Sports or not, all their shows are fake debates on social justice bs. Who can yell the loudestThey throw a tad of sports in there.

Honestly do the majority of people care about how some qb with crap team is going to play?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
They should make a 30 For 30: A Day in the Life of Franklin Pierce.
What if I told you there was a man who only consumed right wing media? And that man was incapable of only posting links to articles. That he could only copy paste the entire article. Then, while claiming to not watch ESPN because of their wokeism, later stated that he did in fact watch ESPN just to see how loud woke they could get. Well this is that story. A story about a man, completely unaware of his own hypocrisy, the world, and how the world changing scares him.

Aside from the obvious "no ****. sports are dead." angle, ESPN took a hard turn away from politics and has pushed everything more towards centrist opinions. They've really limited the politics, but right now it's kinda impossible since the two worlds are so intertwined at the moment.

So, if ratings are down after ESPN corrected its behavior, what does that tell you?
That it is hard to bring back the fans they had lost.... I didn’t realize they had changed bc it has been so long since ESPN has been on in my house.... I use to keep it on sports center 24-7.

Reactions: Silence Dogood
What if I told you there was a man who only consumed right wing media? And that man was incapable of only posting links to articles. That he could only copy paste the entire article. Then, while claiming to not watch ESPN because of their wokeism, later stated that he did in fact watch ESPN just to see how loud woke they could get. Well this is that story. A story about a man, completely unaware of his own hypocrisy, the world, and how the world changing scares him.
You've just described several posters. Change right wing to left wing and you'll have described several more.

I watch the games on the ESPN networks and that's about it. I don't watch other shows on ESPN for the purpose of, "See! They hate UT!" content.

It will be interesting to see the kneelers vs. non-kneelers at any event. Are the non-kneelers going to get chastised by the kneelers and vice-versa?
The one guarantee is there will be a lot of chastising going both ways.

Hate to burst the narrative, but you think maybe it's because they're a sports network and it's been 3 months since a major sports league held an event?

Maybe if they just put the decade of dominance video on for the daily broadcast, their ratings would improve.

Reactions: tntar heel
As much as I love Tennessee Vols sports, I will not watch or listen to a bunch of SJW politics during the game. I will turn it off.

2 Agreed, if you don't watch or spend any money on them you're not going to be hurt. You can take that money and buy something that you enjoy.

VN Store

Back