ESPN Hits All Time 41 yr Ratings Low as Wokecenter on steroids takes over

Franklin Pierce

On Wednesday ESPN’s studio programming, which has become MSESPN’s WokeCenter on steroids 24/7, hit a 41 year ratings low. That is, in the entire history of the network existing, it has never had lower overall studio ratings than it did this week.

The network, which has become more left wing than MSNBC and CNN combined over the past several weeks, has completely abandoned sports coverage. The result? Viewers, many of whom were willing to watch the channel even during a pandemic disaster with limited sports to consume, have abandoned it in droves. How bad was it? We’re talking full on crisis mode level awfulness.

“First Take” was the highest rated ESPN studio show all day, posting just 211,000 viewers. That was the 93rd highest rated program on all of cable. Putting those numbers into context compared to other shows airing the same day on cable: “Nick Cannon Wild and Out 15” on VH1 had 50% more viewers than ESPN’s top show. “Smuggler: Secret Stash” on National Geographic doubled First Take. Not to be outdone, “Craig of the Creek” on the Cartoon Network posted 200,000 more viewers.

Hell, even “Jay Leno’s Garage” on CNBC soundly defeated First Take.

Jay. Leno’s. Garage.

So did something called “Ant Anstead Master Mechanic” on a channel called Motor Trend, which I didn’t even know was a cable channel, much less a show.

Consider these studio show numbers from Wednesday:

Get Up had just 136,000 viewers on June 10th, the lowest number of viewers I could find in the show’s history. (And there have been a ton of bad ratings for that show.)

First Take had just 211,000 viewers, the lowest number of viewers I’ve ever seen for the show.

The highest rated SportsCenter all day had just 168,000 viewers, the lowest rated I’ve ever seen for SportsCenter as well.

NBA: The Jump had only 112,000 viewers and that’s when the NBA finally had news about returning to play.

And these were just the shows that rated, it was likely worse for other studio shows which didn’t even make the top 150 cable shows.

ESPN Hits All-Time 41 Year Ratings Low As WokeCenter On Steroids Takes Over

Last edited:
You think maybe it's because they're a sports network and it's been 3 months since a major sports league held an event?

That Ain't all of the reason. I have tuned in daily to see what was happening in the sports world, and those people are literally Screaming into the cameras. And as difficult as it is to believe, they are more WOKE than CNN and MCDNC. ESPN has turned into the Social Justice Network on steroids.

That Ain't all of the reason. I have tuned in daily to see what was happening in the sports world, and those people are literally Screaming into the cameras. And as difficult as it is to believe, they are more WOKE than CNN and MCDNC. ESPN has turned into the Social Justice Network on steroids.

They better or LeBron will bring the shame hammer.

That Ain't all of the reason. I have tuned in daily to see what was happening in the sports world,
Yeah he explained what was happening

they're a sports network and it's been 3 months since a major sports league held an event?

What do you think they are going to talk about?

The biggest surprise to me is that Bayern Munich vs. Frankfurt only manged 140k views. Soccer is never, ever going to be as big in this country as people would like to pretend if it's losing out to the 12:30 SportsCenter.

On Wednesday ESPN’s studio programming, which has become MSESPN’s WokeCenter on steroids 24/7, hit a 41 year ratings low. That is, in the entire history of the network existing, it has never had lower overall studio ratings than it did this week.

The network, which has become more left wing than MSNBC and CNN combined over the past several weeks, has completely abandoned sports coverage. The result? Viewers, many of whom were willing to watch the channel even during a pandemic disaster with limited sports to consume, have abandoned it in droves. How bad was it? We’re talking full on crisis mode level awfulness.

“First Take” was the highest rated ESPN studio show all day, posting just 211,000 viewers. That was the 93rd highest rated program on all of cable. Putting those numbers into context compared to other shows airing the same day on cable: “Nick Cannon Wild and Out 15” on VH1 had 50% more viewers than ESPN’s top show. “Smuggler: Secret Stash” on National Geographic doubled First Take. Not to be outdone, “Craig of the Creek” on the Cartoon Network posted 200,000 more viewers.

Hell, even “Jay Leno’s Garage” on CNBC soundly defeated First Take.

Jay. Leno’s. Garage.

So did something called “Ant Anstead Master Mechanic” on a channel called Motor Trend, which I didn’t even know was a cable channel, much less a show.

Consider these studio show numbers from Wednesday:

Get Up had just 136,000 viewers on June 10th, the lowest number of viewers I could find in the show’s history. (And there have been a ton of bad ratings for that show.)

First Take had just 211,000 viewers, the lowest number of viewers I’ve ever seen for the show.

The highest rated SportsCenter all day had just 168,000 viewers, the lowest rated I’ve ever seen for SportsCenter as well.

NBA: The Jump had only 112,000 viewers and that’s when the NBA finally had news about returning to play.

And these were just the shows that rated, it was likely worse for other studio shows which didn’t even make the top 150 cable shows.

ESPN Hits All-Time 41 Year Ratings Low As WokeCenter On Steroids Takes Over
Not a defender of ESPN, but when you haven’t had any actual sports for 3 months, your ratings are going to go down.

Not a defender of ESPN, but when you haven’t had any actual sports for 3 months, your ratings are going to go down.

Besides the only people tuning in to a sports network to see politics are a fringe group. The average person doesn't have to argue the point, these rating prove it.

It puts into play other debates about sports and politics. Ratings suffer.

After all, Travis noted, Fox Sports 1’s “Race Hub was the highest-rated sports Studio show by a massive amount, posting 324,000 viewers.” And FS1’s show has never been able to crush ESPN before.

“There are many serious things going on in our country right now, and the vast majority of sports fans know where to find news about serious things going on in the world. That’s why cable news ratings have skyrocketed. But sports fans don’t want their sports commentators to be weighing in on non-sports news on sports networks,” Travis said.

“The ratings are clear about that,” he added. “And the ratings are clear that sports fans just want to watch games as well. Twitter gets happy when athletes and sports commentators weigh in on non-sports topics, but Twitter, as always, isn’t the real world. It’s a distorted, funhouse mirror carnival version of the real world. The data is clear: sports fans want sports.

“How much worse can it get? That just depends on how much more WokeCenter we get and whether anyone at ESPN can regain the station controls,” he concluded.

Aside from the obvious "no ****. sports are dead." angle, ESPN took a hard turn away from politics and has pushed everything more towards centrist opinions. They've really limited the politics, but right now it's kinda impossible since the two worlds are so intertwined at the moment.

So, if ratings are down after ESPN corrected its behavior, what does that tell you?

Lebron may not even allow the NBA to open up play for the unfinished season. ESPN is saying, "Please Marster Lebron, allow the NBA to complete the season so we can get more than 200,000 viewers for one of our programs."

Lebron wants to play. Dopes like Kyrie and Howard are the ones saying don't play. Maybe turn on ESPN and learn something about the things you're speaking on.

Lebron wants to play. Dopes like Kyrie and Howard are the ones saying don't play. Maybe turn on ESPN and learn something about the things you're speaking on.

I don't watch sports programs filled with Screaming social justice warriors. People detest that crap.

The Woke ESPN idiots who run the network have obviously put on hold its ban on discussing politics.

It will be interesting when real sports come back.

The NFL players are gonna do some cringy ****, and it's too late for Goodell to do anything about it like stop playing the anthem. He's already steered into it. When the actual game turns into a sideshow to the pregame party where players wipe their booty with a flag and steal veterans wheel chairs and ****, I don't honestly know how that's gonna go.

Either people will be so ready for sports to come back they won't care, or people will have learned they can live their lives just fine without sports and the politics overload will just make them watch anything else.

I don't watch sports programs filled with Screaming social justice warriors. People detest that crap.

The Woke ESPN idiots who run the network have obviously put on hold its ban on discussing politics.

And you know this how?

Except for in the summer when it's just baseball, I turn on ESPN a little bit every day (solely for the sports) and I've probably turned it on 15 times (for UFC and documentaries) in the last 3 months. Their low ratings have everything to do with the chaos of 2020 and little to do with their politics.

The NFL players are gonna do some cringy ****, and it's too late for Goodell to do anything about it like stop playing the anthem. He's already steered into it. When the actual game turns into a sideshow to the pregame party where players wipe their booty with a flag and steal veterans wheel chairs and ****, I don't honestly know how that's gonna go.

Either people will be so ready for sports to come back they won't care, or people will have learned they can live their lives just fine without sports and the politics overload will just make them watch anything else.
It will be interesting to see the kneelers vs. non-kneelers at any event. Are the non-kneelers going to get chastised by the kneelers and vice-versa?

Unfortunately, it is going to be full WOKE football games when they are played, both pro and college. Just think about what the Longhorns football coach said, and what his players have said recently, just to name one college team.

Reactions: Silence Dogood

VN Store

Back