Softball looking forward

Good news next week? Heck yeah! If anyone hears what the news is, please post it. Now I’m giddy and excited. Love me some Lady Vol softball. Now let’s get football practice going so we can watch some fall games at Neyland.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
We could definitely use a solid defensive player at SS if she can do that great or if Willingham is there wonder where she would be a viable option.

We could definitely use a solid defensive player at SS if she can do that great or if Willingham is there wonder where she would be a viable option.

Watched her play for many years. Great athlete. Very raw at shortstop and especially the plate. Swings for the fences on every swing.

She is probably another one that would do better at UTC than UT, unfortunately.

Watched her play for many years. Great athlete. Very raw at shortstop and especially the plate. Swings for the fences on every swing.

She is probably another one that would do better at UTC than UT, unfortunately.
Like I said before I have limited knowledge on her but my first thought when reading about her was any number of the freshman can and have matched those stats, not counting future development. She can play almost anywhere it would appear and with Holcomb and Phillips gone that can be helpful.

Reactions: MadWorld
Big news. I don't know if this the good news Deerpark was talking about or the transfer, but we needed a change if nothing else for perception. Our pitching development in recent years has not been good and people are using that against us in recruiting. The article seem to imply we may already know who we are hiring. Young and female who knows what they are doing would be great. Marty seems like a nice guy and knows pitching but was time for a change.

Last edited:
We should have a better hitting team. Just need to shore up the defense, greatly reduce the errors and continue to compete.

Big news. I don't know if this the good news Deerpark was talking about or the transfer, but we needed a change if nothing else for perception. Our pitching development in recent years has not been good and people are using that against us in recruiting. The article seem to imply we may already know who we are hiring. Young and female who knows what they are doing would be great. Marty seems like a nice guy and knows pitching but was time for a change.

No, it was the transfer Ivy Davis coming in.

I'm sure they will find someone that is excellent, but I don't consider losing Marty as "good news" by any stretch of the imagination. He will be missed, even if people on this board don't want to hear it.

VN Store

Back