The Golf Thread

Watching highlights of Tiger’s Masters win in 97 and my son says “Look at that steel shaft” after Tiger hits a drive. It was as if he’d seen black and white footage of Bobby Jones swinging hickory.

Watching highlights of Tiger’s Masters win in 97 and my son says “Look at that steel shaft” after Tiger hits a drive. It was as if he’d seen black and white footage of Bobby Jones swinging hickory.
I watched the final round today on ESPN. I forgot how he absolutely crushed the field that year

Could someone with more PGA Tour knowledge unpack the Greenbrier cancellation? I’ve read comments where people don’t sound necessarily surprised by this move. Was the attendance for this event not very good?

Could someone with more PGA Tour knowledge unpack the Greenbrier cancellation? I’ve read comments where people don’t sound necessarily surprised by this move. Was the attendance for this event not very good?
Declined every year since they stopped the concert series. It's what sold thousands of extra tickets, being able to attend golf then big time concerts later that night.

Declined every year since they stopped the concert series. It's what sold thousands of extra tickets, being able to attend golf then big time concerts later that night.

Was it really that good? Please don’t read this with as any sort of sarcasm but I looked it up and didn’t recognize any of the lineup. But that’s not really saying much.

Was it really that good? Please don’t read this with as any sort of sarcasm but I looked it up and didn’t recognize any of the lineup. But that’s not really saying much.
I mean they had Rod Stewart, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Lionel Richie, Keith Urban, all kinds of huge names. Tiger, Phil, Bubba and other guys played it a few times also.

Reactions: bigdan
I mean they had Rod Stewart, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Lionel Richie, Keith Urban, all kinds of huge names. Tiger, Phil, Bubba and other guys played it a few times also.

Okay then I was looking and the wrong thing. That sounds great. I would love to say I’ve seen Rod Stewart live. I searched it and found this. Which is why I was confused as to why so many people were mad about it being canceled.

VN Store

Back