College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Nice. Cal is probably in extreme panic mode. Barring any other late impact transfers, and getting kids to reclassify, he will struggle to field a full roster next year. The incoming class is really good, but there is so little depth and next to no experience.

He’ll have to go with a much smaller line-up next year.

Nice. Cal is probably in extreme panic mode. Barring any other late impact transfers, and getting kids to reclassify, he will struggle to field a full roster next year. The incoming class is really good, but there is so little depth and next to no experience.
I think they only have 10 kids on scholarships right now I think? I heard they are probably going the reclassify route which would mean just getting a younger and more inexperienced kid

I think they only have 10 kids on scholarships right now I think? I heard they are probably going the reclassify route which would mean just getting a younger and more inexperienced kid
1 of those 10 won't be eligible either without the NCAA granting immediate eligibility thru the one time transfer rule.

Shaka had better make hay this season. They bring basically everyone back with a senior-heavy lineup and add Greg Brown which was probably their biggest position of need. Not sure merely making the dance will give him enough capital in what will ciertainly be a down year to follow

Reactions: tennrich1
Andrew nembhardt (I guess that’s how you spell it) from Florida declared today for the draft. Unless he’s just testing the waters, that seems like a bad move.

2020 5 Star Daishen Nix just decommitted from UCLA and is signing with the G-League

Curious if it will be like this every year? Wonder how many of them they'd take. If the top 15 players all wanted to go the G-League route, would they take them all? I could easily see 6-10 of them doing it if it works out and they're good results for the ones who are trailblazing this year. Gotta be good to make comparable money to overseas/Australia leagues -and- get high end training, exposure directly to the NBA while staying state-side.

Curious if it will be like this every year? Wonder how many of them they'd take. If the top 15 players all wanted to go the G-League route, would they take them all? I could easily see 6-10 of them doing it if it works out and they're good results for the ones who are trailblazing this year. Gotta be good to make comparable money to overseas/Australia leagues -and- get high end training, exposure directly to the NBA while staying state-side.
Im also wondering if the ones that are doing this is becuase there is a small uncertainty that we will have a college basketball season this year. Even if there is no G League, they will still be able to get compensation

VN Store

Back