College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Here are the SEC and ACC teams that I think will go to the NCAA and NIT Tournaments in 2021 after looking at a few 2021 NCAA Tournament bracketologies.

SEC NCAA Teams

Kentucky #2 Seed
Tennessee #3 Seed
LSU #6 Seed
Florida #8 Seed
South Carolina #9 Seed
Mississippi State #10 Seed

SEC NIT Teams

Auburn #1 Seed
Arkansas #3 Seed
Georgia #4 Seed
Alabama #5 Seed

ACC NCAA Teams

Duke #2 Seed
Virginia #3 Seed
FSU #5 Seed
North Carolina #6 Seed
Georgia Tech #7 Seed
Miami #9 Seed

ACC NIT Teams

Clemson #1 Seed
Syracuse #2 Seed
NCSU #3 Seed
Virginia Tech #4 Seed
Wake Forest #5 Seed

Here are the SEC and ACC teams that I think will go to the NCAA and NIT Tournaments in 2021 after looking at a few 2021 NCAA Tournament bracketologies.

SEC NCAA Teams

Kentucky #2 Seed
Tennessee #3 Seed
LSU #6 Seed
Florida #8 Seed
South Carolina #9 Seed
Mississippi State #10 Seed

SEC NIT Teams

Auburn #1 Seed
Arkansas #3 Seed
Georgia #4 Seed
Alabama #5 Seed

huh?

this was your prediction from another thread...

1)Auburn
2)LSU
3)Kentucky
4)Tennessee
5)South Carolina
6)Mississippi State
7)Alabama
8)Georgia
9)Arkansas
10)Florida
11)Texas A&M
12)Ole Miss
13)Vanderbilt
14)Missouri

So your 1st place team doesn’t make the dance but your 10th place team does?

huh?

this was your prediction from another thread...

1)Auburn
2)LSU
3)Kentucky
4)Tennessee
5)South Carolina
6)Mississippi State
7)Alabama
8)Georgia
9)Arkansas
10)Florida
11)Texas A&M
12)Ole Miss
13)Vanderbilt
14)Missouri

So your 1st place team doesn’t make the dance but your 10th place team does?
Whatever, it's time for you to go on ignore! Everyone has an opinion and can change their opinion and there happens to be no sports whatsoever going on right now.

Hard for me to see auburn missing the tournament all together. Yes, they lose a lot, but they’re still getting an insanely talented scorer in Cooper, may land another top tier recruit this cycle (green, Brown, or maybe even Kumiga) and we all know Bruce is fantastic at getting maximum potential out of “average” talent. Also, Alabama will be much improved next year and could be on the right side of the bubble.

Hard for me to see auburn missing the tournament all together. Yes, they lose a lot, but they’re still getting an insanely talented scorer in Cooper, may land another top tier recruit this cycle (green, Brown, or maybe even Kumiga) and we all know Bruce is fantastic at getting maximum potential out of “average” talent. Also, Alabama will be much improved next year and could be on the right side of the bubble.

Umm, pretty sure Bruce Pearl has had more than “Average talent”.

I really fell like it is in Montgomery’s best interest to return because we undoubtedly be the man in the middle, next year. He needs that exposure and that experience before heading to the NBA. That is why I believe he will return. Look what it did for Nick Richards.
Montgomerys gone now, keion brooks is their only experience unless they get matt Haarms

Umm, pretty sure Bruce Pearl has had more than “Average talent”.
I guess you could argue he’s a good talent evaluator and I’d agree, but he’s not exactly landing a swath of five stars each cycle. It’s mostly 3 and D guys that he’s getting the absolute most out of.

bama's recent recruiting success is getting frightening

Reactions: berryvol
Whatever, it's time for you to go on ignore! Everyone has an opinion and can change their opinion and there happens to be no sports whatsoever going on right now.
I think it's a fair question, honestly. You went from AU winning the SEC to them missing the tournament, altogether. That's a pretty sizable leap in opinion. And honestly, since that discussion, AU has only gotten better with the addition of JT Thor.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind. I just don't think it warrants overreacting if someone questions you on it. I don't think BTO meant any malice.

Reactions: Lankykong
Montgomerys gone now, keion brooks is their only experience unless they get matt Haarms
I know...crazy. I think it's a big, costly mistake for EJM. He was set up nicely to see the kind of bump in value that Richards saw this season. He'd have gotten as many minutes as he wanted, and he really isn't guaranteed to be anything more than a mid-late 2nd rd pick, IMO.

UK won't lack for talent, but will have almost zero experience and leadership. If Cal gets that bunch to a 2 seed, hes done a heck of a coaching job, IMO.

I guess you could argue he’s a good talent evaluator and I’d agree, but he’s not exactly landing a swath of five stars each cycle. It’s mostly 3 and D guys that he’s getting the absolute most out of.

He started recruiting very well. In his first real class, Spencer and Purifoy were top 75 recruits, and he had other guys rated as 4 stars. A couple of these guys signed within weeks of him getting off his show cause.

Then, he signed Wiley, Herron, and Jared Harper- 2 five stars and a 4 star. Next year was Okeke and Davion Mitchell, both top 75 players. In 2019, he signed Okoro and 3 other four stars. He has connections in the Atlanta area. Bryce Brown ended up playing above his rating.

By my count, Pearl has now landed 11 top 75 players, and 4 of them were five stars. He's about to have his second guy drafted in the top 16 this summer. He also didn't have a class in 2018.

Reactions: cncchris33
They need the MLB/NCAA baseball rule. Go pro if you want out of HS, but if you go to college, you stay until your JR year.
Hard no. Requiring any college stint at all is farce in itself, but if you're going to make them do it, there is absolutely 0 logic to make it any length of time besides 4 years. To take it a step further, why in the world would one REQUIRE college, but no requirement for obtaining a degree? It makes no sense to me.

People have told me these things are in place to help the prof sport orgs avoid taking young guys that don't pan out. That sounds a lot more like poor scouting on the orgs' parts to me.

Reactions: Vol49er
Hard no. Requiring any college stint at all is farce in itself, but if you're going to make them do it, there is absolutely 0 logic to make it any length of time besides 4 years. To take it a step further, why in the world would one REQUIRE college, but no requirement for obtaining a degree? It makes no sense to me.

People have told me these things are in place to help the prof sport orgs avoid taking young guys that don't pan out. That sounds a lot more like poor scouting on the orgs' parts to me.
To be clear, it isn’t an NCAA rule, I don’t believe. It is an MLB rule. It is designed to discourage anyone from entering besides the elite players.

It is also designed to help shelter kids who leave after their junior years. It creates a scenario where some kids can easily finish up their degrees in reasonable time if professional sports doesn’t work out. Some even earn degrees in 3 years, which I suspect is the design around why that amount of time is the threshold.

From a player perspective, I guess I am fine with the idea of giving kids carte blanche with regards to the professional ranks, but in doing so, you don’t really help to address the issue as it affects college programs having to address kids leaving for the pros. You are seemingly very pro-player and pro-player rights, which I won’t fault, but it hurts college basketball and the schools to have no limitations, IMO.

I think it's a fair question, honestly. You went from AU winning the SEC to them missing the tournament, altogether. That's a pretty sizable leap in opinion. And honestly, since that discussion, AU has only gotten better with the addition of JT Thor.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind. I just don't think it warrants overreacting if someone questions you on it. I don't think BTO meant any malice.

He's the same dude that put me on "ignore" because I laughed at @The Dog for making fun of himself...he misread it and called me a jackarse for no reason. He apparently doesn't know how to not take questions personal either.

I know...crazy. I think it's a big, costly mistake for EJM. He was set up nicely to see the kind of bump in value that Richards saw this season. He'd have gotten as many minutes as he wanted, and he really isn't guaranteed to be anything more than a mid-late 2nd rd pick, IMO.

I don't follow basketball as much as you but I cannot remember watching any UK game where he had any kind of impact, whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not drafted at all. Seemed obvious to me that he should have stayed at UK and gotten stronger and more aggressive if nothing else. Oh well, live and learn for him.

I don't follow basketball as much as you but I cannot remember watching any UK game where he had any kind of impact, whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not drafted at all. Seemed obvious to me that he should have stayed at UK and gotten stronger and more aggressive if nothing else. Oh well, live and learn for him.
It's true. Outside of a couple early season games against lesser competition, he wasn't a real standout for them. You can't teach his height, and that will get him a look, but his absolute ceiling, right now, is mid-2nd. I also won't be surprised if he goes undrafted, and in fact, that is significantly more likely than him being anything higher than that mid-2nd rounder.

It's true. Outside of a couple early season games against lesser competition, he wasn't a real standout for them. You can't teach his height, and that will get him a look, but his absolute ceiling, right now, is mid-2nd. I also won't be surprised if he goes undrafted, and in fact, that is significantly more likely than him being anything higher than that mid-2nd rounder.

I think he was over ranked in high school.

VN Store

Back