Next year's roster

I think you will see Fulkerson and Pons play 30 minutes next season while the rest of the roster will play 10 to 20 minutes because of the depth.

I think you will see Fulkerson and Pons play 30 minutes next season while the rest of the roster will play 10 to 20 minutes because of the depth.
Depth is good to have when you need it. Barnes has always played his top 7 or 8 a ton of minutes regardless of depth. We had pretty good depth 2 years ago but the minutes were dominated by the top 7.

I'm not super high on either but ORN moves well, has put on good weight and has a decent form on his shot so I have hope.
When you look at ORN he is physically where you see guys their junior year. He has a great build. So, his problem is above the neck. I’m not happy with how Barnes handled him this year and have an underlying concern that he might not come back. We’ll see.

I’m not sure VW sure how much back court he plays with Bailey, Vescovi and Springer. He’s a great rebounder and I feel will be an asset.

Hell he might play less minutes if he doesn’t significant improve.

Hell he might play less minutes if he doesn’t significant improve.
If we are talking about JJJ, I'll be curious to see how he plays with a full offseason to hopefully get that groin healthy. He flashed at times, and if he an make those flashes more sustained and consistent, I think he will be an asset and a mismatch for opponents.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
If we are talking about JJJ, I'll be curious to see how he plays with a full offseason to hopefully get that groin healthy. He flashed at times, and if he an make those flashes more sustained and consistent, I think he will be an asset and a mismatch for opponents.

Needs to be more aggressive going to the rim with his size.

Bailey
Fulky
Pons
Springer
Keon/Vescovi There is your starters folks.

I think that Josiah starts over a first year player. At least at the start of the season.

There will be a lot of competition and the starting rotation will be fluid. There will be a core of 8 or 9 players in the rotation getting significant minutes and the distribution will depend on matchups and which are avoiding mistakes and making bad decisions.

He won’t start over Springer......I love this kid he has by far and away best overall game coming in to freshman season as far back as even Tobias.

I think that Josiah starts over a first year player. At least at the start of the season.

There will be a lot of competition and the starting rotation will be fluid. There will be a core of 8 or 9 players in the rotation getting significant minutes and the distribution will depend on matchups and which are avoiding mistakes and making bad decisions.
I see JJJ was point forward. If healthy, I see his game taking a huge step. Going to be a lot of moving parts!!

I see JJJ was point forward. If healthy, I see his game taking a huge step. Going to be a lot of moving parts!!

I think that JJJ is at his best offensively when he shares the court with a couple of scoring threats. He'll have more opportunities to score himself when he's playing alongside guys that can catch his no look passes and convert. He looks to pass first, so when there are scorers on the court with him he'll be getting really good looks himself. It will really be good for his game to have an off season to gel with the Keons, the Jadens, the Fulks, the Baileys, the Vescovis. For that matter even getting familiar with Plavsic and Olivier as well. He's not the type of player to take over by himself. He works best in a system that puts a premium on teamwork.

Reactions: Vol49er
Bailey
Fulky
Pons
Springer
Keon/Vescovi There is your starters folks.
Our offense will likely run through JJJ next year and you don't have him starting? I'll bet whatever you want to bet that JJJ is in the starting lineup both the 1st game of the season and the last. I think it's ridiculous to think he's going to be a bench player.

Our offense will likely run through JJJ next year and you don't have him starting? I'll bet whatever you want to bet that JJJ is in the starting lineup both the 1st game of the season and the last. I think it's ridiculous to think he's going to be a bench player.
Yea your prob right he starts over Keon/VS. I love the potential of both and wouldn’t be surprised if they did start over him. Anosikie (prob misspelled) could be huge for us but doubt he over takes SEC defensive POY or Fulky.

Vescovi
Springer
JJJ
Pons
Fulky

Book it. It doesn't matter who starts anyway but who is left on the floor at the end of the game. Even that may change depending on the matchups. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaines in the game at the end when they need a stop. He had that one Arky player all kinds of frustrated.

Vescovi
Springer
JJJ
Pons
Fulky

Book it. It doesn't matter who starts anyway but who is left on the floor at the end of the game. Even that may change depending on the matchups. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaines in the game at the end when they need a stop. He had that one Arky player all kinds of frustrated.
I agree with this 100%

Vescovi
Springer
JJJ
Pons
Fulky

Keon Johnson is one of the best HS perimeter players in the country, he'll be starting if he's healthy.

With the embarrassment of riches we'll have on the roster next season, it'll be interesting to see how the troops are deployed.

Keon Johnson is one of the best HS perimeter players in the country, he'll be starting if he's healthy.
He also missed most of his senior season, may not get to enroll early in the summer, and will therefore miss summer workouts with the team. He also plays out of our deepest position. I won't be at all surprised if he doesn't.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Springer/Vescovi
Keon/Bailey
JJJ/Walker
Pons/Anosike
Fulk/Anosike

ON and Plavsic are the 10th and 11th men, with plenty of chances to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

Hoping Gaines and Pember redshirt, but if either one don't, I believe they will have chances to play their way into the rotation. Especially, Gaines, imo. Wouldn't be surprised if ON redshirted, either. At least, one of those 3 redshirts, imo, hopefully 2.

This team should be so loaded. U know, sometimes when people talk about Kansas, UK, UNC and Duke's 2nd team could make the Tournament ? Next year, I think UTs 2nd team could

I just don’t understand wanting Gaines to RS. If he continues to defend like Barnes wants, that isn’t happening.

I just don’t understand wanting Gaines to RS. If he continues to defend like Barnes wants, that isn’t happening.
The only reason I would want Gaines to redshirt would be if it was the best thing for him and UT. I love Gaines and thinks if he stays 4 years with Barnes he will be drafted. I just don't want him to be lost in the shuffle, next year. Lotta competition at his primary position, still if Gaines balls out, it wouldn't shock me.

Reactions: Willy14
The only reason I would want Gaines to redshirt would be if it was the best thing for him and UT. I love Gaines and thinks if he stays 4 years with Barnes he will be drafted. I just don't want him to be lost in the shuffle, next year. Lotta competition at his primary position, still if Gaines balls out, it wouldn't shock me.
Exactly, I dont want gaines wasting a year of eligibility playing 4-6 minutes a game behind all the talented guards we have when he could redshirt and come back in 2021 as a sophomore.

Reactions: The Dog
Exactly, I dont want gaines wasting a year of eligibility playing 4-6 minutes a game behind all the talented guards we have when he could redshirt and come back in 2021 as a sophomore.

If those 4-6 minutes win us games I'm okay with it and I think Gaines would be too. Every minute matters in rotations on championship teams. If we were in the mix for it all and he was playing 4-6 valuable minutes, then it's definitely worth it.

Reactions: The Dog and Willy14

VN Store

Back