Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about other states, but for Tennessee and New York, there are clear changes in the log graph slope 6 to 8 days after major changes like canceling schools, stay at home, etc. Mitigation works.

It’s changed in every freaking state because mitigation helps but they were wrong. Keep doing it and if this continues then start opening up May 1-15

It’s changed in every freaking state because mitigation helps but they were wrong. Keep doing it and if this continues then start opening up May 1-15

The log graph was flat until 6-8 days after schools were closed, which was the first mitigation step.
I see no evidence that the basic R0 of 1.5 to 3.5 was wrong.

The log graph was flat until 6-8 days after schools were closed, which was the first mitigation step.
I see no evidence that the basic R0 of 1.5 to 3.5 was wrong.

When less than half actually die than expected, you won’t see any evidence as well.

That Oklahoma loss was a turning point. We find a way to hold on and we likely find a way close it out in Gainesville and we’re on our way to a 10-11 win regular season and an outside shot at the CFP. Looking back, that Oklahoma loss felt like a crossroads, when in reality at the time, we thought coming back and beating Georgia was going to get things going for the program.

I have a question to the Docs in the house. I live alone and its at the lake so social distancing hasn't been a problem. My question is, do I still need to wash my hands continually since I am alone? I initially wiped all the surfaces I could get to with Lysol wipes and have been using hand sanitizer as well as washing hands just not sure if I need to continue w hand washing often?

Only when you come back...I know that this is late, hopefully someone answered this before I got here. Yes, I am behind but it’s fascinating reading this as it unfolds.

Keep Lawson and Jancek and who knows.

Like someone else posted, the 2015 team could play with anybody. 2016 could play with most teams. 2017 couldn't play with anybody.
Sounds like there was a lot of other stuff behind the scenes that would’ve stopped him from having success here.

Hell even on the field he was a terrible coach. Dobbs was a special player and carried this reject on his back for 2.5 seasons

Known a few people who got the flu before. Ended up in the ICU. Some also died. Not all regular flu is a mild case. Can be serious as well.
That's the statement that drives me up the wall here. To me it's just an indication of complete ignorance.

When less than half actually die than expected, you won’t see any evidence as well.

What does that mean? I'm talking about the case rate, not mortality rate. It grew consistent with the early estimates of R0, until governments started mitigation.

As for mortality, Korea has slowly crept up to 1.8%, while maintaining a relatively stable number of cases. Germany, which everyone was citing as having really low mortality has crept up to 1.5%. Whether the real number is 1.8% or half that, that's a lot of dead people if you don't stop the spread. Social distancing works.

Yeah I agree. Rex's bite strength is historical, but unless he gets Brach in a really vulnerable position to grab his neck, I don't see what else he could do. All he can really reach are Brach's legs, but I think Brach could just lift the leg and come back down, invariably crushing Rex.

If it was 2 v1, it could be a fair fight. But, like you said, now we're getting even more hypothetical. More likely they would fight each other first.

Which makes me wonder if anyone messed with the large Saurapods...my hunch is no.
Probably like all big herbivores...only when they were calves.

Reactions: Devo182
So you're saying mitigation efforts work? Nice.
Of course they work..but for how long can we keep the world shut down? You know as well as I do what is going to happen..all it takes is one little green bubble getting through, and we are right back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back