2020 Presidential Race

Biden Plugs Labor Ally’s Charity In Face of Corruption Probe

Former VP tells Kimmel to donate to IAFF despite probe into Missing Millions

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden used his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to fundraise for a close union ally that is under investigation for misappropriating millions of dollars from firefighters' dues.

GettyImages-1135333349-736x514.jpg

Former vice president Joe Biden speaks at the International Association of Fire Fighters legislative conference March 12, 2019 / Getty Images

"[The firefighters] have now over 2,000 people affected by the virus," Biden told viewers of the late-night show. He urged them to donate to the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Foundation. "I think they need help because they're the ones who are picking those folks up, dragging them out of a burning car."

The foundation Biden cited is led by one of his most important political allies, General President Harold Schaitberger. The IAFF—the first union to endorse Biden's presidential campaign—suffers from a "systematic misrepresentation in financial reporting," according to an internal probe penned by the union's general secretary-treasurer. Schaitberger himself has faced corruption accusations. The probe found that his administration misallocated millions of dollars from their designated purposes. Despite reviews from an auditing firm, the investigation still cannot account for $6 million, raising questions about how IAFF will handle donations that Biden requested.

"[W]e also found millions of dollars in financial misreporting and millions of dollars in nondiscretionary funds that were utilized for purposes unrelated to their designation," the audit found. "These problems and more are beyond our internal capabilities to address.… Note that these problems directly involve the General President of the International."

Biden Plugs Labor Ally's Charity In Face of Corruption Probe

Reactions: Silence Dogood
Biden Plugs Labor Ally’s Charity In Face of Corruption Probe

Former VP tells Kimmel to donate to IAFF despite probe into Missing Millions

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden used his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to fundraise for a close union ally that is under investigation for misappropriating millions of dollars from firefighters' dues.

GettyImages-1135333349-736x514.jpg

Former vice president Joe Biden speaks at the International Association of Fire Fighters legislative conference March 12, 2019 / Getty Images

"[The firefighters] have now over 2,000 people affected by the virus," Biden told viewers of the late-night show. He urged them to donate to the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Foundation. "I think they need help because they're the ones who are picking those folks up, dragging them out of a burning car."

The foundation Biden cited is led by one of his most important political allies, General President Harold Schaitberger. The IAFF—the first union to endorse Biden's presidential campaign—suffers from a "systematic misrepresentation in financial reporting," according to an internal probe penned by the union's general secretary-treasurer. Schaitberger himself has faced corruption accusations. The probe found that his administration misallocated millions of dollars from their designated purposes. Despite reviews from an auditing firm, the investigation still cannot account for $6 million, raising questions about how IAFF will handle donations that Biden requested.

"[W]e also found millions of dollars in financial misreporting and millions of dollars in nondiscretionary funds that were utilized for purposes unrelated to their designation," the audit found. "These problems and more are beyond our internal capabilities to address.… Note that these problems directly involve the General President of the International."

Biden Plugs Labor Ally's Charity In Face of Corruption Probe
Senile Joe is going to lose bigtime if he makes it to November 3rd.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Stacey Abrams: ‘I Would Be Happy to Serve’ as Biden’s Running Mate

Wednesday on “MSNBC Live,” former Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams addressed speculation she could be former Vice President Joe Biden’s running mate.

Abrams said she has not been in conversation with the Biden campaign, but she is “very honored to be considered” and would be “happy to serve” with Biden. She also touted her experience and how she has been an “effective leader.”

Stacey Abrams: 'I Would Be Happy to Serve' as Biden's Running Mate

Reactions: Silence Dogood

Wednesday on “MSNBC Live,” former Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams addressed speculation she could be former Vice President Joe Biden’s running mate.

Abrams said she has not been in conversation with the Biden campaign, but she is “very honored to be considered” and would be “happy to serve” with Biden. She also touted her experience and how she has been an “effective leader.”

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

How best to pander?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

She’s had a taste of that Oprah money , now she wants that DC money .

Reactions: FLVOL_79

It’s inexplicable that this lady is on anybody’s radar.

Judicial Watch lmao.

Founded in 1994 by Larry Klayman, Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate alleged misconduct by government officials. They primarily target Democrats such as the Clinton’s, Obama and climate scientists as they label climate science, “fraud science.” Judicial Watch has made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims, with a “vast majority” of their lawsuits dismissed. They describe themselves as “a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law.” The current President of JW is Tom Fitton.

Read our profile on United States government and media.

Funded by / Ownership

Judicial Watch is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with contributions received from individuals, foundations, and corporations. According to Sourcewatch, JW receives funding from prominent right wing organizations such as the Carthage Foundation and Scafie Foundation.

O'Biden won't be working there for long if elected President.
He's as goofy as a coo coo clock that's running backwards. That's where he wants to take America....is back to the stone age of 2009 -2016. He has no plans going forward & no vision (ideas) on his own....just Barack garbage.

He is an awful candidate as proven by his 2 time loser record from 2 separate eras. Anyone else trying to enter the race again after that record would be laughed at and stoned. Just shows just how bad the democratic party is today but they still have a large spineless following of ideologues led by the dik in the booty Hollywood liberal elites and their forked tongues.

She was over $200,000 in debt with unpaid taxes and credit cards before 2018. Ran for governor, lost. In 2019 she paid off her debts while effectively not having a job....

Eric Swallowswell did something similiar. Like $300,000 in debt, run for president, BOOM..debt gone..

... which is why it’s inexplicable how anydody’s radar could miss her.
She’s a fit as far as identity politics, but Biden -of all people- is going to need a VP candidate that looks like they could step in and do the job. Just don’t see Abrams inspiring any sort of confidence or helping him carry Georgia.

She’s a fit as far as identity politics, but Biden -of all people- is going to need a VP candidate that looks like they could step in and do the job. Just don’t see Abrams inspiring any sort of confidence or helping him carry Georgia.
Biden needs a running mate whose main claim to fame is beyond using her likeness on a syrup bottle.

I think he needs someone with executive experience e.g. a governor.

VN Store

Back