Forum Name and Avatar

Great thread idea GameTime. Thanks. Good meeting you folks. Ya’ll stay safe and as always, Go Vols!

Thanks....I've always been curious about the history of a lot of the forum names.....What was the motivation behind their Avatar choice too....

Of all the pictures, in all of the pictures all over the world, you guys chose that one, and walked into the Vol Nation. And I'm glad you did.
2da667a037fc56129965e748c3c64281.jpg

Forum name was inspired by a Victoria Williams album titled Musings of a Creekdipper. Seemed appropriate because growing up, I used to muse a lot by the creek while crawdads pinched my toes. Also, I am easily mused.

My avatar is what it is because it's what the site gave me since I'm too lazy to post my own.

Been using pismonque in one form or another since the 90s. Originally it was a full name, Rupert L. Pismonque, an online persona I first used in the 90s for logging into some website or another. Today it’s just a login name I use in a few places.

I don’t really remember exactly what inspired it. I remember one of my friends being all pissy about something one day and I called him a piss monkey. I also remember an old viral video clip from the 90s where a chimp was pissing up into his own mouth, maybe that had something to do with it (yes, I know a chimp’s not a monkey). Who the hell knows anymore.

The avatar is the logo of Highland Park scotch, made in the Orkney Islands off the north end of Scotland with aromatic peat from Hobbister Moor. It’s some seriously good s***.

I have played golf with a guy for over 30 years. He’s a Bama graduate but is only a casual fan of their sports. Not obnoxious in any way. When my golf game goes bad a have a nasty duck hook. A long time ago he started joking with me that I needed to learn to hit a “Big Orange Slice” and he began calling me slice. It stuck. The 13 is because someone already had the orangeslice name so I added the number I always wore in sports.

Born in Kingsport, grew up in Church Hill. My parents divorced and when Mom remarried, my stepfather got transferred to Lexington. Did my high school years here. Heck, I'm even a UK grad. Married a North Carolina girl I met in Grad school. Started a business and raising a family, ...so I'm stuck here, figuratively...However, it is in my will that I'm to be buried with my family in Tennessee...

Born in Kingsport, grew up in Church Hill. My parents divorced and when Mom remarried, my stepfather got transferred to Lexington. Did my high school years here. Heck, I'm even a UK grad. Married a North Carolina girl I met in Grad school. Started a business and raising a family, ...so I'm stuck here, figuratively...However, it is in my will that I'm to be buried with my family in Tennessee...

Well... just don’t be in a rush to get back.

I chose McDad because the prefix "Mc" begins my last name. I am the father of 3. Don't tell them but my kids are my greatest accomplishment. I ran without an avatar for months. One day, @Grand Vol (who doesn't post anymore :() suggested a Moray Eel as an avi because, like the Husky, it looked like it just cracked the worst pun. Something I do frequently. I chose the Husky because my daughter liked those dogs at the time.

Saxophone player (gigging days are over) with a name with "feather" in it. Photo is of the actor who played the guy who married & killed Dorothy Stratton in "Star 80". It reminded me of UT basketballer Skyler McBee. :cool:I also have a 'stache.
That actor is Julia Roberts' brother Eric. He did a great job of acting in that movie, and also Runaway Train..

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back