Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, feel free to move or delete this thread.

There are shortages of surgical Masks due to the Coronavirus situation and many companies have been able to donate which is great but has lead to shortages among construction workers, road crews, clinics, doctors offices, etc.

My company has converted our manufacturing facilities to producing surgical masks as a way to help supply the industry and keep our workers employed.

We can't give them away but if you know anyone in a field that needs them encourage them to reach out to me.

Menudesigns.com
Reference Volunteers for tracking and a discount.

Last edited:
Mods, feel free to move or delete this thread.

There are shortages of surgical Masks due to the Coronavirus situation and many companies have been able to donate which is great but has lead to shortages among construction workers, road crews, clinics, doctors offices, etc.

My company has converted our manufacturing facilities to producing surgical masks as a way to help supply the industry and keep our workers employed.

We can't give them away but if you know anyone in a field that needs them encourage them to reach out to me.

Menudesigns.com
Reference Volunteers for tracking and a discount.

Me nude signs??

Our town of Carrollton, GA population 26k has 30 reported cases. 6 are currently in ICU on ventilators. Per Tanner Health System release. 4 are under the age of 50 on ventilators.

Also, lets say they are correct on the numbers. You aren't figuring into the equation all the other non COVID-19 Hospitalization.
It's not like those other illness's are taking a break to make room for COVID.

The truth lies in the middle for sure.

Again, you can take my info however you want. I’m just telling you what the current official numbers are regarding COVID-19 and ventilators. There are always going to be exceptions in certain areas. But the statistics are roughly 1-2 people per 7,000.

there it is.
RG0BS1U.gif

Not to mention it conflicts with mortality numbers. I would expect the vast majority of fatalities to spend time on a ventilator. Even if the mortality ends up being only 0.5%, that's 1 in 200, not 1 in 7000. One in 7000 is 0.014%, and I haven't seen a number that low from even the most optimistic.
Well the mortality rate is far, far outpacing 2/7000 (.028%). So, problem solved?

Are 98% of those dying never put on ventilators? I genuinely don't know how these affected people deteriorate or if they all need ventilators at some point.

Edit: SSVol'd

Well boys. I’m not making this up so you can believe it or not. However, those are the official numbers right now for the US.

Tough situation. Sorry. Not implying you need it, but if the need comes (for anyone), I would advise calling any banks you owe, and advising them of your situation. I'd estimate many mortgage and financial institutions are implementing leniency protocols. I know State Employees' Credit Union here in NC started pushing back loans for all furloughed employees during past govt shutdowns. I'd bet they are doing that and then some right now for everyone.

Point being - if anyone is in financial distress because of all of this - don't be afraid to contact your bank to see what relief they may be offering. They won't automatically give relief to all in a blanket manner. Asking is much better than drowning and losing your house, car, or having a credit card/personal loan charged off when all it took was a call.

Fwiw, many institutions offer options even during regular times. But most people never ask proactively.

Last edited:
Again, you can take my info however you want. I’m just telling you what the current official numbers are regarding COVID-19 and ventilators. There are always going to be exceptions in certain areas. But the statistics are roughly 1-2 people per 7,000.

They may very well be that now, unfortunately it does not seem that will be the final tally.

Reactions: SSVol
Our town of Carrollton, GA population 26k has 30 reported cases. 6 are currently in ICU on ventilators. Per Tanner Health System release. 4 are under the age of 50 on ventilators.

Also, lets say they are correct on the numbers. You aren't figuring into the equation all the other non COVID-19 Hospitalization.
It's not like those other illness's are taking a break to make room for COVID.

The truth lies in the middle for sure.
If there are 6 people in Carrolton, GA on ventilators due to COVID, that means there are only up to 9 other infected people in all of the US that needed a ventilator. 53,000 total cases / 7,000 = 7.5 (low end) to 15 (high end).

I find it hard to believe only 15 confirmed COVID patients so far have needed a ventilator, when over 600 have died.

Last edited:
If there are 6 people in Carrolton, GA on ventilators due to COVID, that means there are only up to 9 other infected people in all of the US that needed a ventilator. 53,000 total cases / 7,000 = 7.5 (low end) to 15 (high end).

I find it hard to believe only 15 COVID patients so far have needed a ventilator, when over 600 have died.
Numbers are all over the place right now. Lot more questions have to be answered, like how many have required hospitalization . Need lot more numbers to know more answers.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

I find it hard to believe only 15 confirmed COVID patients so far have needed a ventilator, when over 600 have died.

My assumption is that they are taking into account all the individuals who have not been hospitalized. But, I didn’t get that side of it.

Numbers are all over the place right now. Lot more questions have to be answered, like how many have required hospitalization . Need lot more numbers to know more answers.
Would agree. The only figure I've seen is "Serious/Critical". That figure is about 1,100 right now out of 51k, a bit over 2%.

Reactions: volsagain
@Ulysees E. McGill been away from VN for a little bit, wanted to say sorry about your mother. Glad she was surrounded by love ones and gave you some nice parting words. I call my mom most everyday when walking home from class (when class was in session at least). She’s a best friend as much as a mom, and the quickest way to bring tears to my eyes is thinking of the day when I’ll no longer have her around. Yep, happening now!

Anyways, you’re one of my favorite guys on here. Far and away the most genuine. I have a lot of respect for how you deal with the cheap shots you get from posters who can’t imagine a preacher being a human being with a range of emotions like the rest of us. Best wishes to you and your family McGill. I’m certain you and yours will come out of everything going on right now stronger and better than ever - you because you’re you, and them because they have you! Much love brother!
Thank you so much..that means a lot. We finally got back home to Kentucky a little while ago. Moms graveside service was this morning, and my emotions have hit me really hard today. I woke up before dawn, and it just really hit me that I can never talk to my mom again.

My assumption is that they are taking into account all the individuals who have not been hospitalized. But, I didn’t get that side of it.
Well yeah I'd at least assume they are using all cases. 1 in 7k ventilator to hospitalized rate would be insane.

I would think if someone is hospitalized, there's a decent chance they may need a ventilator at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back