Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, just trying to add a little humor to an otherwise gloomy situation. Sometimes a little laugh is good medicine. Actually been married 31 years to the greatest woman in the world and the love of my life.
Speaking of humor, I saw sign posted in front of one of our local fire stations a couple of days ago that read "If you can still smell their farts then you are standing too close." I thought that was great in this time of social distancing.

Just some information for you guys. Won’t tell you where I got it or how. However, only 1-2 people out of 7,000 need to be placed on a ventilator. Which means if the entire United States all got the virus at once we would need roughly 47,000 to 94,000 ventilators.

So, again don’t buy in to the media hype. People are going to die from this. However, it is not as bad as it is being made out to be. Just do you're part and distance yourself and take measures so that you and others don’t get the virus.

Our town of Carrollton, GA population 26k has 30 reported cases. 6 are currently in ICU on ventilators. Per Tanner Health System release. 4 are under the age of 50 on ventilators.

Also, lets say they are correct on the numbers. You aren't figuring into the equation all the other non COVID-19 Hospitalization.
It's not like those other illness's are taking a break to make room for COVID.

The truth lies in the middle for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
Our town of Carrollton, GA population 26k has 30 reported cases. 6 are currently in ICU on ventilators. Per Tanner Health System release. 4 are under the age of 50 on ventilators.

Also, lets say your correct on the numbers. You aren't figuring into the equation all the other non COVID-19 Hospitalization.

Yea, I am not a doctor and can't say for sure. But the mayor of NYC said, a couple of days ago, that 1500 ventilators were in use in their hospitals. Today, NYC just updated to 13,000 cases. That alone is greater than 10%. Probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Great I am in wake county, no changes for fire department or my wife at Wake Med, business as usual!
Same for us mostly. They had us staging on medical calls for those who had any of the symptoms but that's changing back to business as normal after getting additional medical supplies for fire. Wife is a microbiologist at Baxter and they are now having lab employees take turns working from home.

Yea, I am not a doctor and can't say for sure. But the mayor of NYC said, a couple of days ago, that 1500 ventilators were in use in their hospitals. Today, NYC just updated to 13,000 cases. That alone is greater than 10%. Probably lies somewhere in the middle.

i have no idea how someone could predict how many ventilators will be needed in reference to a virus that hasn't peaked yet, but assuming chizzle is right (and he very well may be, i dunno) the issues isn't the total number, its the distribution and the timing. if the US had uniformly distributed population, it might be fine, but there will be a need for 10k ventilators in NYC alone maybe, and 0 or 1 in BFE, Nebraska. And if nothing is done to help curb the spread now, everyone will need those 10k ventilators at one time, which we're not ready for.

Last edited:
Went to the grocery store this AM around 7am. No eggs, bread, milk, water & TP.
You must have went to an auto parts store and just thought you were in a grocery store :):).

I stopped in a Kroger store on my way home from the golf course and they had pretty much everything except product on the paper isle.

You must have went to an auto parts store and just thought you were in a grocery store :):).

I stopped in a Kroger store on my way home from the golf course and they had pretty much everything except product on the paper isle.
I've got trees in my yard. About to YouTube "toilet paper making, starting from the tree" see if I get any hits. I really don't want to have to use my hand, my middle finger has a twitch that could cause a "little discomfort".

I will use it if I have to though...and of course, as we all know...there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. Amirite guys?

Guys?

Also, lets say they are correct on the numbers. You aren't figuring into the equation all the other non COVID-19 Hospitalization.

Not to mention it conflicts with mortality numbers. I would expect the vast majority of fatalities to spend time on a ventilator. Even if the mortality ends up being only 0.5%, that's 1 in 200, not 1 in 7000. One in 7000 is 0.014%, and I haven't seen a number that low from even the most optimistic.

MTgY4FeE.jpeg
I think it was dropped erroneously anyway

Reactions: StoVol
Kinda doesn't make much sense to me but no one wants gatherings larger than 10 and to close all eateries and bars except for takeout and drive through to get food to eat but a grocery or walmart can have 4 or 5 hundred in it at a time to buy food and other things. Trump said today his goal or target date was to fire this bad boy back up by Easter Sunday. That's what, 18 days away? I say if everyone maintains the current policies, procedures and protocols let's hope that happens and put this economy back in high gear!

Just some information for you guys. Won’t tell you where I got it or how. However, only 1-2 people out of 7,000 need to be placed on a ventilator. Which means if the entire United States all got the virus at once we would need roughly 47,000 to 94,000 ventilators.

So, again don’t buy in to the media hype. People are going to die from this. However, it is not as bad as it is being made out to be. Just do your part and distance yourself and take measures so that you and others don’t get the virus.
Well the mortality rate is far, far outpacing 2/7000 (.028%). So, problem solved?

Are 98% of those dying never put on ventilators? I genuinely don't know how these affected people deteriorate or if they all need ventilators at some point.

Edit: SSVol'd

Last edited:
Kinda doesn't make much sense to me but no one wants gatherings larger than 10 and to close all eateries and bars except for takeout and drive through to get food to eat but a grocery or walmart can have 4 or 5 hundred in it at a time to buy food and other things. Trump said today his goal or target date was to fire this bad boy back up by Easter Sunday. That's what, 18 days away? I say if everyone maintains the current policies, procedures and protocols let's hope that happens and put this economy back in high gear!
All of my favorite eateries closed 😣their dining rooms today

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back