Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough situation. Sorry. Not implying you need it, but if the need comes (for anyone), I would advise calling any banks you owe, and advising them of your situation. I'd estimate many mortgage and financial institutions are implementing leniency protocols. I know State Employees' Credit Union here in NC started pushing back loans for all furloughed employees during past govt shutdowns. I'd bet they are doing that and then some right now for everyone.

Point being - if anyone is in financial distress because of all of this - don't be afraid to contact your bank to see what relief they may be offering. They won't automatically give relief to all in a blanket manner. Asking is much better than drowning and losing your house, car, or having a credit card/personal loan charged off when all it took was a call.

Fwiw, many institutions offer options even during regular times. But most people never ask proactively.
I appreciate that and that info is helpful. Thankfully I’m not in a situation that a couple weeks without pay won’t send me into a tailspin. But for some of the people I work with whether it be poor planning, newer hires or whatnot, it’s gonna hurt.
My brother owns his own granite business and my FIL owns his own commercial construction business and they’ve both offered me to come work next week and I’m gonna take them up on it just so I can keep toilet paper stocked up.

Well yeah I'd at least assume they are using all cases. 1 in 7k ventilator to hospitalized rate would be insane.

I would think if someone is hospitalized, there's a decent chance they may need a ventilator at some point.

Agreed and maybe they are talking about extended usage. Who knows lol I just got those numbers and decided to give em.

Reactions: Devo182
I appreciate that and that info is helpful. Thankfully I’m not in a situation that a couple weeks without pay won’t send me into a tailspin. But for some of the people I work with whether it be poor planning, newer hires or whatnot, it’s gonna hurt.
giphy - 2020-03-24T184117.915.gif

My brother owns his own granite business and my FIL owns his own commercial construction business and they’ve both offered me to come work next week and I’m gonna take them up on it
uD3duLI.gif

so I can keep toilet paper stocked up.
Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughter.gif

Bad flu kills elderly and people in bad health. The issue isn't that it poses a huge mortal threat to the general population. It's that if unchecked it would legitimately threaten to wipe out millions of people (elderly and people in bad health, along with a not insignificant number of young healthy people), with a huge number of those illnesses/deaths occurring within a very short timeframe. Healthcare facilities would be completely overloaded, leaving people to die at home with no care whatsoever. Hence the flatten the curve goal. It's still going to spread, but if the spread can be managed and spaced out, the survival rates will be much higher.

This is true but it's not the whole picture. If the heathcare system is overloaded by this influx of Covid-19 cases, what happens to the car wreck victims, the heart attack victims, the others who need hospitalization and ventilator, etc. help?

It's not about the overall long-term numbers, it's about the immediate numbers.

We’ve even discussed investing 10-15%, of what we have in it, more?!?
10-15% of what? Are you saying 85-90% of your liquid assets are outside of the market - or talking illiquid assets included?

Unless you're very near retirement, the former would be very conservative and detrimental to total wealth. Or maybe I completely misunderstood 😅

Reactions: Volbucky
Thank you so much..that means a lot. We finally got back home to Kentucky a little while ago. Moms graveside service was this morning, and my emotions have hit me really hard today. I woke up before dawn, and it just really hit me that I can never talk to my mom again.

I wished I had words of comfort for you and tell you I know how you feel, I don’t. I hope you find the comfort and solace from those around you in the unforeseeable future.

10-15% of what? Are you saying 85-90% of your liquid assets are outside of the market - or talking illiquid assets included?

Unless you're very near retirement, the former would be very conservative and detrimental to total wealth. Or maybe I completely misunderstood 😅
No where near retirement. Even what I wrote didn’t come out correct, lol. Taking 10-15% of our existing portfolio is and adding that amount to it. I’ll be the first to say, I do NOT get stocks or the market, but we talked to our financial advisor about it, who has been very, very good for us, and he said up to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back