Coronavirus (No politics)

I have talked to several friends this evening in various occupations, and the financial implications of our reaction to this are about to get real. Like, really real.

Again, I don't really know what to believe. Italy is a mess. I've heard from docs in Cali that it's bad there, too. Then, you read the analysis provided earlier, and you step back. I wish we had more conclusive evidence as to where the infection will actually go. I keep going back to China and wondering how the heck it affected such a tiny percentage of their population, yet we are bracing for a catastrophe.
Do you actually believe the current data from China? Is it validated by an independent source like the WHO or somebody?

Reactions: DynaLo and AM64
They took extradinary measures like barricading people in their homes....things that wouldn't happen here....one equalizer might be that we are fighting it in a different season...it's already in the 80s and humid on the coast hopefully the rest of the country warms up soon and this virus reacts the same way as others...some early evidence..although small... supports that thinking

lt definitely seems like the virus is having a very difficult time gaining traction in warmer parts of the world, such as Singapore. I think we'll see a sharp decline in new cases once summer gets here

Reactions: VolnJC
I think part of the reason it didn't affect a huge portion of China's population is because of the measures they took to suppress it. I feel like that is the trick in how much it spreads. Perhaps it could be catastrophic in terms of infections and deaths if we don't do enough, but it could be equally catastrophic to the economy. Just a really tough situation that we don't have enough info on to know anything for sure.
1st off China shut Wuhan province down completely. I saw a report that showed a drone carrying a temperatue reading device on humans that could actually detect humans with a high temperature. 2nd - S.Korea had a company, Seegan Corp. roll-out millions of test kits in 1 months time. Both country's located and isolated the virus it seems. The lack of test kits in the U.S. is our biggest problem, imo. A lot of people are positive and don't know it.

I have talked to several friends this evening in various occupations, and the financial implications of our reaction to this are about to get real. Like, really real.

Again, I don't really know what to believe. Italy is a mess. I've heard from docs in Cali that it's bad there, too. Then, you read the analysis provided earlier, and you step back. I wish we had more conclusive evidence as to where the infection will actually go. I keep going back to China and wondering how the heck it affected such a tiny percentage of their population, yet we are bracing for a catastrophe.
Our numbers we have now (15,219) are probably compareable to when China announced they had only 50 but was lying.

Reactions: AM64

Look at highly capable countries that you trust...Germany, Israel. This thing is doing nothing there.

Encourage people to go live their lives as normal if they are healthy and below 60 and also have the ability to avoid people in those categories.

Reactions: VolnJC
Look at highly capable countries that you trust...Germany, Israel. This thing is doing nothing there.

Encourage people to go live their lives as normal if they are healthy and below 60 and also have the ability to avoid people in those categories.

Are Germany and Israel making it through this? They doing ok?

Last edited:
Wow. Interesting. Wonder how their economies are doing?

Yea, me too.

Interestingly, I had been working with an Italian manufacturer for months on a prototype part I needed. Mid March was always my need date. The item arrived to me on time on an air shipment this week. I was kinda shocked.

Reactions: davethevol
Yea, me too.

Interestingly, I had been working with an Italian manufacturer for months on a prototype part I needed. Mid March was always my need date. The item arrived to me on time on an air shipment this week. I was kinda shocked.
Well, the younger parts of Italy have almost no cases and almost no deaths.

Saying "Italy" has a bad situation is correct... But not the whole truth. That's the problem with much of the coverage of this thing.

Saying "Italy" has a bad situation is correct... But not the whole truth. That's the problem with much of the coverage of this thing.
Ethnicity, age, and underlying health condition seem to be the main factors in the death rate.

Reactions: ButchPlz

Italy has been the worst hit for sure but 99.94% of their population doesn't have the virus

Reactions: ButchPlz

Because they lied and continue to lie

Reactions: AM64

You do realize as a percentage of population both of those countries have far more cases than we do? Do you even read before you type?!

Well, that's purely conjecture. The WHO team did not come to that conclusion, at all.

Why would individuals who tried to get the truth out of China suddenly disappear? It isn’t purely conjecture, quit being naive. You do understand this is a government that killed millions of its own people during a 30 year stretch not that long ago

VN Store

Back