Coronavirus (No politics)

I think these kinds of tweets are a swing and a miss. The problems missing are
1. You can be contagious for days and weeks and not know it
2. During those days or weeks your around your brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents or even other peoples family members.
That wasnt the point of the tweet

2. During those days or weeks your around your brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents or even other peoples family members.

Try looking at the data.

I understand the point. My point was it makes people complacent like this stuff is no big deal.
People need to be concerned but not panic. Tweets like that show that you shouldn't
be scared, but you still need to think about others that could be done more harm.

Last edited:
Continue to be scared of the boogeyman

Reactions: hog88 and allvol123
You and anyone not quarantining will guarantee this last 6 months+ while b**tching about the next government overreach and wonder why.

Bingo. I believe we can suffocate this thing within the next two months if we do what needs to be done. Going on with business as usual as some wish to is asking for this thing to go on for an extended period of time and get exponentially worse.

I have talked to several friends this evening in various occupations, and the financial implications of our reaction to this are about to get real. Like, really real.

Again, I don't really know what to believe. Italy is a mess. I've heard from docs in Cali that it's bad there, too. Then, you read the analysis provided earlier, and you step back. I wish we had more conclusive evidence as to where the infection will actually go. I keep going back to China and wondering how the heck it affected such a tiny percentage of their population, yet we are bracing for a catastrophe.

I have talked to several friends this evening in various occupations, and the financial implications of our reaction to this are about to get real. Like, really real.

Again, I don't really know what to believe. Italy is a mess. I've heard from docs in Cali that it's bad there, too. Then, you read the analysis provided earlier, and you step back. I wish we had more conclusive evidence as to where the infection will actually go. I keep going back to China and wondering how the heck it affected such a tiny percentage of their population, yet we are bracing for a catastrophe.

I think part of the reason it didn't affect a huge portion of China's population is because of the measures they took to suppress it. I feel like that is the trick in how much it spreads. Perhaps it could be catastrophic in terms of infections and deaths if we don't do enough, but it could be equally catastrophic to the economy. Just a really tough situation that we don't have enough info on to know anything for sure.

Totally different situation, though.

I'm sure, but still pretty cramped quarters, and I'd have to wonder about the ventilation system. The cruise ship's biggest problem likely had a lot to do with the staff - the staff in dining and housekeeping. They surely wouldn't be around if cruise ships were used as makeshift hospitals. Besides they still do much better meals than hospitals food.

I think part of the reason it didn't affect a huge portion of China's population is because of the measures they took to suppress it. I feel like that is the trick in how much it spreads. Perhaps it could be catastrophic in terms of infections and deaths if we don't do enough, but it could be equally catastrophic to the economy. Just a really tough situation that we don't have enough info on to know anything for sure.
They took extradinary measures like barricading people in their homes....things that wouldn't happen here....one equalizer might be that we are fighting it in a different season...it's already in the 80s and humid on the coast hopefully the rest of the country warms up soon and this virus reacts the same way as others...some early evidence..although small... supports that thinking

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back