Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Listen, I don’t have a team on this except the team of millions preparing to help those in need. There is a team that took an oath to do no harm and that oath is absolute. I will criticize anyone who is counterproductive in that mission, which the president has been in the past in regards to this outbreak, but now, for whatever reason has come onboard. He’s telling Americans that have previously ignored the experts in this matter that we should be following the expert’s lead. That’s a good thing. So yes, he’s leading people in the right direction, finally.
Fair enough. I don’t think he was counterproductive myself but I agree with your sentiment.

Did you think this nameless Fox and friends contributor of unknown qualifications is representative of the “experts” preferred by the people making fun of Mike Pence?

If so, why?
If not, can you explain the significance of your original post?

Thanks.
Simple. He was saying shut everything down just like Dr. Faucci.

Highlights the importance of "leadership" qualities.
Since Trump's first day in office there was always the "but what happens if there is a national emergency?" fear hanging over his presidency.

There really hasnt. If there had, the TP reserves would have already been stocked at everyone's home.

Dear Donald,

Today on VolNation Political forum, I may or may not have suggested that a large swath of people believe that you said that you thought the CV-19 was a Democrat Hoax, and might take that into consideration during the upcoming Presidential election. I just want you to know that I don't necessarily believe you said those exact words, but I do believe that a fair amount of your political base also had the same perception.

I know you are old and probably won't change your lying ways, but many think this is a good enough reason to "Go Joe".

I guess you are screwed,

Sincerely, Stew
Careful Stew. Once you go Joe...I’ll let you finish that one.

There are media accounts everywhere. I just googled it and got reports of researchers trying existing Malaria, HIV and even arthritis drugs.

There are articles about trying different drugs, but the general problem is that the articles are shallow - don't cover what and why it might work, and I've yet to see followup about success or failure. Most articles seem to generate headlines, links, and clicks to blather ... with lots of surrounding advertisements. For example, where did the UT research go? Did it wither on the vine or is somebody pursuing the findings. I've seen articles twice about trials of a quinine based antimalarial drug, but nothing about results.

The other thing is that everybody is so wrapped up about testing - for what. If you know the results, you can immediately isolate, but what do you do when there isn't immediate confirmation - a third kind of semi isolation until you know? Otherwise, a test for a disease with no cure doesn't do much good but feed a statistical data base and let you know who rather than suspect you need to isolate to protect medical staff.

Poor journalism is apparently now the norm. Just a new brand of pseudo-entertainment.

reactive vs proactive... just a thought, but maybe do both

You gearing up to produce test kits and cures for Covid-21 and 22 - maybe 33? Seems like somebody has to "invent" them first ... and then turn them loose to be a problem. Of course, it it's done like a kid who just set a fire in his trash can and fails in the cover up before the room is blazing, it does become a more widespread problem in a hurry.

Reactions: BeecherVol
The lawyers in the thread may know of David Lat. He started the popular legal blog Above The Law. He's now hospitalized with COVID 19. Mid 40s, no health issues, has completed two marathons.

I will bet 100 Alex that we will won’t have college football this season
Starting to think that too.

As we get into the summer, the number of new cases should be declining but then the claim will be "but we need to stay quarantined, or at least avoid large gatherings, because it could come back."

That's an argument to allow low risk folks (basically any healthy people under about 70) to live their lives as normal and quarantine high risk folks/people who care for high risk folks, but I digress. You don't really build any herd immunity doing what we're doing.

Can't they just close down the clubhouse? Slide cash under the door and they throw out cart keys and a scorecard out the window.
A couple of hours later and they’ve figured out that closing a golf course for social distancing is a little on the goofy side. They’re closing the clubhouse but leaving the pro shop and golf course open for now.

Reactions: Sandman 423 and NEO

VN Store

Back