Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.henrymakow.com/upload_images/toilet-paper-fortress.JPG

No offense meant; I am in this group as well:

Let's not play ball.

No hockey? No baseball? No basketball?

The horror, the horror!

The Coronavirus hoax has accomplished a near miracle: it's shut down sports. Can you imagine?

"They may have taken the first step to awakening the sleeping giant - the one great mass of people they've always been able to keep in a state of clueless distraction - the American sports fan."

by Mike Stone

ll those hours wasted in front of the boob tube, all that time and energy expended cheering overpaid athletes, grown men playing with a ball or puck, all those bimbo Super Bowl halftime shows ... it's all gone.

I appreciate a good football game, a good pitcher's duel, as much as the next guy, but the huge, bread-and-circus atmosphere of professional sports has ballooned into something preposterous. And not just the games themselves, but the industries built around them: sports talk radio, sports shows on television, jerseys, caps, shoes!

Can America survive without sports?

The answer is YES, and the great sports shutdown just might have the unintended effect of educating the masses. It certainly can't hurt. It's going to free up untold hours of previously wasted time.

Maybe millions of sports fans will do something positive now. Maybe they'll spend more time with their children, read books, take the time to educate themselves on what's really happening in the world. I doubt it, but it's possible.

For those in the truth movement, this is an unprecedented opportunity. A chance to reach millions of new readers and viewers. Without sports to distract them, people are going to have to go elsewhere to be entertained. And what happens when a couple of days or weeks go by and the great unwashed realize their lives have been just great without sports, so why go back? Why, indeed?

Sure, the brain-dead zombies will, those with nothing better to do with their lives. But many will not. They'll find that they like the extra time they have to spend with their spouses and their kids.

They'll discover how much they enjoy having the time to read a book, to go for a walk, to discover new interests and hobbies in life.

They might - just might - decide to become more political, and if that happens, watch out.

Because if tens of millions of voters around the country suddenly wake up and discover who's really been pulling their strings all these years, who's really been pushing us into countless wars, who's really been rigging our elections and bribing and manipulating our politicians and leaders, you're going to see a seismic shift in the political makeup of this country. And though the result will be pretty, the process won't.

Kids might learn something too. They're groomed from an early age to worship sports heroes and to spend countless hours emulating them.

What are they going to do with all that newfound free time? Their reading time will increase. Time spent with their parents will increase. Family bonds will strengthen. It's a win-win situation all the way around.

The powers-that-be had better be careful. They may have gone too far this time. They may have taken the first step to awakening the sleeping giant - the one great mass of people they've always been able to keep in a state of clueless distraction - the American sports fan.

95% of our antibiotics and 40% of our pain medication is produced in China.

Don't want to come off as totally anti globalization (just because it's pointless) but watching China slowly tighten it's grip and make us closer to being completely reliant, is frustrating.

They regularly make hostile moves, regarding territory etc., that wouldn't be tolerated if it were any other country.
Believing their economy will keep them in check ignores everything their gov't has ever demonstrated.
They don't make money for the purpose of being wealthy for wealth's sake , it's a means to an end.

Don't want to come off as totally anti globalization (just because it's pointless) but watching China slowly tighten it's grip and make us closer to being completely reliant, is frustrating.

They regularly make hostile moves, regarding territory etc., that wouldn't be tolerated if it were any other country.
Believing their economy will keep them in check ignores everything their gov't has ever demonstrated.
They don't make money for the purpose of being wealthy for wealth's sake , it's a means to an end.
This is also the big reason our leaders have been trying to keep Chinese Co (Huawei) out of the internet equipment business when it relates to the USA and our allies. China has made Huawei's equipment much cheaper than most other internet equipment companies encouraging US companies to install them. China could easily shut down the internet in the USA during war or any other crisis if Huawei's switches are scattered throughout our country.

This is also the big reason our leaders have been trying to keep Chinese Co (Huawei) out of the internet equipment business when it relates to the USA and our allies. China has made Huawei's equipment much cheaper than most other internet equipment companies encouraging US companies to install them. China could easily shut down the internet in the USA during war or any other crisis if Huawei's switches are scattered throughout our country.

It's everything.
Once they started building islands in disputed seas and the world did nothing but sit and watch, I realized just how dependent everyone is.
That would never be tolerated by any other country. Yeah, we make ourselves feel bett by boldy stating "we're still sailing thru those waters" but that's empty posturing.
They're making freaking land and claiming international waters!? Also planting drones across the world's oceans, with the capability to completely disable our nuclear subs. And we're honestly powerless, it's crazy how powerful they've become.

https://www.henrymakow.com/upload_images/toilet-paper-fortress.JPG

No offense meant; I am in this group as well:

Let's not play ball.

No hockey? No baseball? No basketball?

The horror, the horror!

The Coronavirus hoax has accomplished a near miracle: it's shut down sports. Can you imagine?

"They may have taken the first step to awakening the sleeping giant - the one great mass of people they've always been able to keep in a state of clueless distraction - the American sports fan."

by Mike Stone

ll those hours wasted in front of the boob tube, all that time and energy expended cheering overpaid athletes, grown men playing with a ball or puck, all those bimbo Super Bowl halftime shows ... it's all gone.

I appreciate a good football game, a good pitcher's duel, as much as the next guy, but the huge, bread-and-circus atmosphere of professional sports has ballooned into something preposterous. And not just the games themselves, but the industries built around them: sports talk radio, sports shows on television, jerseys, caps, shoes!

Can America survive without sports?

The answer is YES, and the great sports shutdown just might have the unintended effect of educating the masses. It certainly can't hurt. It's going to free up untold hours of previously wasted time.

Maybe millions of sports fans will do something positive now. Maybe they'll spend more time with their children, read books, take the time to educate themselves on what's really happening in the world. I doubt it, but it's possible.

For those in the truth movement, this is an unprecedented opportunity. A chance to reach millions of new readers and viewers. Without sports to distract them, people are going to have to go elsewhere to be entertained. And what happens when a couple of days or weeks go by and the great unwashed realize their lives have been just great without sports, so why go back? Why, indeed?

Sure, the brain-dead zombies will, those with nothing better to do with their lives. But many will not. They'll find that they like the extra time they have to spend with their spouses and their kids.

They'll discover how much they enjoy having the time to read a book, to go for a walk, to discover new interests and hobbies in life.

They might - just might - decide to become more political, and if that happens, watch out.

Because if tens of millions of voters around the country suddenly wake up and discover who's really been pulling their strings all these years, who's really been pushing us into countless wars, who's really been rigging our elections and bribing and manipulating our politicians and leaders, you're going to see a seismic shift in the political makeup of this country. And though the result will be pretty, the process won't.

Kids might learn something too. They're groomed from an early age to worship sports heroes and to spend countless hours emulating them.

What are they going to do with all that newfound free time? Their reading time will increase. Time spent with their parents will increase. Family bonds will strengthen. It's a win-win situation all the way around.

The powers-that-be had better be careful. They may have gone too far this time. They may have taken the first step to awakening the sleeping giant - the one great mass of people they've always been able to keep in a state of clueless distraction - the American sports fan.
He's not really wrong. But he doesn't need to be a cuck about it. Arrogant ahole.

He's not really wrong. But he doesn't need to be a cuck about it. Arrogant ahole.

He may be anti current political landscape but he's still fundamentally identical to every other political junkie.

"Let me tell you why everyone who doesn't share my political agenda is dumb. Completely unsolicited, of course."

Reactions: jakez4ut

It is crazy...no..it is INSANE...how so many corporations have sold their soul for short term profits in the stock market. This is going to end really badly for us.

I don't know who I hate worse..The Chinese for planning it, or the pus filled, greedy money grubbers for falling for it. 🤔

The Chinese just recognized our greatest weakness...greed...and they have played the long game perfectly.

It is crazy...no..it is INSANE...how so many corporations have sold their soul for short term profits in the stock market. This is going to end really badly for us.

I don't know who I hate worse..The Chinese for planning it, or the pus filled, greedy money grubbers for falling for it. 🤔

The Chinese just recognized our greatest weakness...greed...and they have played the long game perfectly.
Wait. Is this a shot over bow of big business?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
internet would be least of our worries in a 'War' with China.

That war would be fought with ICBM's. Over in less than 10 minutes.

Any agronomists in the group want to help me get my lawn in order? I have what seems about 50 different species of grass/weeds currently including fescue, crab, clover, the little things with purple flowers on top, etc. It’s a new lawn started a year and a half ago from seed. I’ve aerated once every six months since and have thrown some tall, creeping fescue after each time. I live in West Knoxville.
Give TruGreen a call. They've been taking care of my yard for years and I have a great looking lawn. They apply different combinations about 8 times per year.

The Masters won’t be the same when the Azaleas have already bloomed.
The PGA Tour has tournaments scheduled weekly each year. There's no room for them to reschedule the Players Championship because of their schedule. I kinda doubt the Masters will be rescheduled this year for the same reason. Plus, they take great pride in putting on the best show on grass and the Azaleas are a big part of their show. We'll see how it shakes out but first someone had to get this virus under control.

Any agronomists in the group want to help me get my lawn in order? I have what seems about 50 different species of grass/weeds currently including fescue, crab, clover, the little things with purple flowers on top, etc. It’s a new lawn started a year and a half ago from seed. I’ve aerated once every six months since and have thrown some tall, creeping fescue after each time. I live in West Knoxville.
Agronomist here - I assume you would like a monocultured field that serves as a biodiversity deadzone that Americans call "a proper lawn."

Nevertheless, it starts with your soil. Knowing your soil type and qualities will help you to pick a grass species that works best. The way to achieve a "good lawn" is to promote your grass species to outcompete all other species until they dominate the space.

Fescue grows best in the spring and fall because its a cool-season grass. You'll have competition from "weeds" during the summer that will carry over if not checked. It's really best to get an expert lawn person to come look at it in person and set up a gameplan if you're really dedicated. He/she would probably give you a list of times to seed, feed, and spray (and what to spray). All of that will work your desired species into the best position to own the space.

SECBBT Championship today! Go Vols
I can’t believe Bowden put up 33 yesterday. He really stepped up for us. With him and Fulkerson carrying us, I have a good feeling that we’ll win today and make the NCAA interesting next week. Also, it’s great to see Pons’ block streak continuing. He is a beast.

Agronomist here - I assume you would like a monocultured field that serves as a biodiversity deadzone that Americans call "a proper lawn."

Nevertheless, it starts with your soil. Knowing your soil type and qualities will help you to pick a grass species that works best. The way to achieve a "good lawn" is to promote your grass species to outcompete all other species until they dominate the space.

Fescue grows best in the spring and fall because its a cool-season grass. You'll have competition from "weeds" during the summer that will carry over if not checked. It's really best to get an expert lawn person to come look at it in person and set up a gameplan if you're really dedicated. He/she would probably give you a list of times to seed, feed, and spray (and what to spray). All of that will work your desired species into the best position to own the space.
Not gonna lie... you seem to know a lot about dirt

The PGA Tour has tournaments scheduled weekly each year. There's no room for them to reschedule the Players Championship because of their schedule. I kinda doubt the Masters will be rescheduled this year for the same reason. Plus, they take great pride in putting on the best show on grass and the Azaleas are a big part of their show. We'll see how it shakes out but first someone had to get this virus under control.

Agree. I expect the Masters to be played as planned. More precautions than normal, but played.

I think this virus will be fizzling out as the sun shines more and the heat increases. Others can have a different viewpoint if they want. People just need to be cautious that they may be carriers even if they are not feeling anything personally. Think about where they are going and who they are seeing. Use the same common sense and wash up as they would for flu outbreaks and other communicable diseases. Have compassion, respect and work well with the health professionals who are doing their best and working long hours.

Big wake-up call going on for some folks. One of the biggest is to cut back on believing everything you hear or see. Educate yourself instead of depending on some talking head or self proclaimed expert.

I bought a house with a well-established centipede grass lawn. I let that sucker get 6-10" tall before I mow it. Then I end up with enough grass straw that I could make square bales. I take that straw and pile it up in my landscaping around the house and in my garden space. In one year I developed a 1"-3" organic layer in these areas (which were crap to begin with) with few weeds and loads of worms.

My neighbors told me when I moved in I'd never be able to grow a garden. I enjoyed giving them veges.

Folks do complain about the grass occasionally, but they can get over it.

You have to place some of the blame on the American consumer. We are junkies when it comes to cheap Chinese made products.

Our problems in the private sector (specifically in regards to actual manufacturing of goods domestically) were created with or assisted by, or at the very least inadvertantly participated with, the federal government, have existed since the end of WWII.... And at each turn, it's generally been overreaction that leads to... Over correction... Whick leads to.. You guessed it.. Another overreaction.. It's been rinsed and repeated for a few generations now...

From irresponsible manufacturing and business practices.. Financial, environmental, labor relations... To the eventual creation of labor unions and over regulation by the federal government... To the basic privatization of government and unions leading to the corruption we all are familiar with... To the exporting of manufacturing... And transition of our economy from industrialized, manufacturing... To service/distribution/financial based economy...

Long story short... We don't make anything anymore.. Sure we import parts and put them together... But we are a far cry from what we did as a country 30+ years ago... Especially from a "raw goods..to.. Finished product" standpoint.

Anyway. Our current predicament of dependence is something that has been building for a long time... both sides of the political isle, and corporate America have culpability...

At almost every opportunity the private sector and/or the government has had the opportunity to do the "right thing" for the "whole", they've failed... That goes for unions, PACS, lobbies etc as well.

The one redeeming quality is that, individually, we we can choose how we operate in this system... And, on some levels anyway, control out own destiny, so to speak... Though I have to admit, right now it feels like we've let go of the wheel... Lol.

You have to place some of the blame on the American consumer. We are junkies when it comes to cheap Chinese made products.

Yeah, it's very difficult now, financially an availability, to "buy American" now but even when it was more of a realistic option, we made the same choices.

Plus, I think internet hand sanitizer, etc., guys have proven that greed isn't the sole property of corporations. They may have a bigger and more visible impact but it's not like the rest of us are innocent.

Agree. I expect the Masters to be played as planned. More precautions than normal, but played.

I think this virus will be fizzling out as the sun shines more and the heat increases. Others can have a different viewpoint if they want. People just need to be cautious that they may be carriers even if they are not feeling anything personally. Think about where they are going and who they are seeing. Use the same common sense and wash up as they would for flu outbreaks and other communicable diseases. Have compassion, respect and work well with the health professionals who are doing their best and working long hours.

Big wake-up call going on for some folks. One of the biggest is to cut back on believing everything you hear or see. Educate yourself instead of depending on some talking head or self proclaimed expert.
Agreed

Reactions: headhunter15
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back