Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to place some of the blame on the American consumer. We are junkies when it comes to cheap Chinese made products.
Yep. But the kicker is... We simply can't make the same product here as cheaply as China can.

Two reasons.. Here we've implemented and enacted rules, regulations and laws that have bare minimums for labor, environment, tax, healthcare, finance etc... That all has price tags to it that ultimately consumers have to incur.

Most of which shouldn't be needed.. But frustratingly are, or had been at one time at least.

China, Asia in general, doesn't have those those constraints, at least not to the degree that is impacted their ability to keep cost of goods at a level that still makes it more advantageous to make it on the other side of the planet, and transport it to who wants to buy it. (Can say similar things about NAFTA and moving so much farming and manufacturing to Mexico as well..)

Which, of course they're doing probably at great expense to the labor force who is likely under paid, lacks in benefits, and probably works in what we would consider less than ideal or even safe conditions... Same in regards to environmental impact and overall business practices by the industry, and government, over there.

The difference? They're Communists. There will be no labor or environmental revolution. As long as the Chinese communist party benefits from how things are done... It will continue.

And we have no choice right now because we aren't equipped to replace them from a manufacturing standpoint ourselves... Neither is any other Western capitalist economy. It's one of the primary reasons inflation rates for the West have stayed relatively flat.. Or at least rising at consistent levels..for as long as they have. the American dollar has value because it's such a large consumer of goods world wide. I think if we started moving a majority of mfg back here in a knee jerk reaction, inflation would spike relatively quickly....

So it is what it is.. This didn't happen over night... And it won't get fixed over night... Or in the next presidential term, regardless of who is elected...

Man. I need sports.🤣

My wife works at a hospital in Atlanta. They have a covid-19 positive patient on the highest level of life support in his early 50's. His only pre-exisiting condition was he has diabetes.

My wife works at a hospital in Atlanta. They have a covid-19 positive patient on the highest level of life support in his early 50's. His only pre-exisiting condition was he has diabetes.

Healthy teens die every year from regular ol flu complications.

If I'm the Titans I resign Tannehill and then pick up Walker from the XFL and let them battle for the starting job. That kid is legit.

Walmart closing at 11 nationwide and cutting hours, my wife’s company cutting positions (including head of HR who’s just had a baby), bankruptcies already being declared, government shutting down to barely essential services but NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year got his $95,000 40kt Bruce Lee necklace. 😏 Don’t generally fault athletes spending their money however they want...whether perceived foolishly or no...but know what’s going on and keep a lid on it!
D92FC9C1-64C7-4755-95C4-EAE9F56F57AE.jpeg

Walmart closing at 11 nationwide and cutting hours, my wife’s company cutting positions (including head of HR who’s just had a baby), bankruptcies already being declared, government shutting down to barely essential services but NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year got his $95,000 40kt Bruce Lee necklace. 😏 Don’t generally fault athletes spending their money however they want...whether perceived foolishly or no...but know what’s going on and keep a lid on it!
View attachment 266520
Keep a lid on it, period

That thing is hideous. Looks like it came off the back table of a flea market selling expired aspirin

The PGA Tour has tournaments scheduled weekly each year. There's no room for them to reschedule the Players Championship because of their schedule. I kinda doubt the Masters will be rescheduled this year for the same reason. Plus, they take great pride in putting on the best show on grass and the Azaleas are a big part of their show. We'll see how it shakes out but first someone had to get this virus under control.
They can schedule in the fall after the Tour championship and Ryder Cup when only the smaller tournaments take place. It will be cooler and better suited for the course anyways. It will just be competing with football but could you imagine a weekend of college football, NFL and the Masters?
Heaven.

There was a scare at my wife’s office. An employee posted on Facebook that he had the virus then all the others in the office start panicking. Turns out he has a cold and just wanted to rant on Trump. We should have brute squads to penalize such idiocy.
Dude needs a butt whoopin

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back