Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

This will be over by election. Life will have moved on. The economy will have begin recovering. The left will have made this out to be the greatest danger in the past 100 years. So, the left will have made Trump look like the victor wh0o led the nation through the greatest danger if two centuries.

Congrats.

There’s a lot of truth to this. If COVID-19 proves to be less deadly in the US than the H1N1 virus which as of right now on it’s current trajectory it will be by a long shot, it will be 100% gain to Trump.

All that’s been claimed by the media and Dems is that this administration is incompetent and he couldn’t possibly handle this without a head of the Pandemic Department. Could you imagine the kind of ammo he will have when the virus is ended with less deaths than 2009 H1N1 with less government departments?

IMHO the Dems and their media have really cornered themselves politically on this one.

Reactions: AM64
Panic led by media? That's just stupid. The media didn't cancel sporting events. Businessmen did.
We all know businessmen don't watch/read the media or take into account public perception when making decisions.

The media didn't start hording toilet paper...
The media aren't fist fighting in grocery stores...

Panic led by media?

Reactions: FLVOL69
Even with the in stock items, next available pantry delivery on Amazon is two weeks out. Usually, it 2 -3 days
Yep, inventory isn’t kept like it used to be as we’ve made logistical advancements. I hope this is the peak but I don’t believe it is. Once this new supply of tests reveals this is more widespread than we know the panic will get worse.

Yep, inventory isn’t kept like it used to be as we’ve made logistical advancements. I hope this is the peak but I don’t believe it is. Once this new supply of tests reveals this is more widespread than we know the panic will get worse.

Was at Walmart earlier this week. Was wheeling out dollies full of ice melt, because it was being closed out at a dollar a bag. I could tell that people were puzzled.

Planning ahead isn't always just the obvious things.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Was at Walmart earlier this week. Was wheeling out dollies full of ice melt, because it was being closed out at a dollar a bag. I could tell that people were puzzled.

Mix it 9:1 with water and drink it to ward off the virus.

Reactions: AM64

Grocery stores seem to be managing well so far in my neighborhood. There was a huge run on Thursday, but yesterday they seemed to be back in stock on most essentials

Reactions: hUTch2002

You’re right about that. People always panic over the same 5 or so things like eggs, bread, milk, etc. but most people don’t then carry that thought to the next thing or the thing after and so on. Another concern I have is that most people seem to be stocking up and preparing for a shutdown of life, basically, for 2 weeks. What happens after that? This won’t be over in 2 weeks. I bet that’ll time well with a massive increase in testing and set off the next major panic escalation. I hope I’m wrong but I have little faith in the intelligence of the population as a whole.

Man, I love the budding of Spring. Planning the garden. Have the saved seeds out, planning what goes where.

Seeing all of our berry bushes putting on leaves, knowing the flowers are soon to follow, and then the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, goji berries, kiwis, muscadines, mulberries... Still have dried berries and jellies on the shelf from last year.

Sunchokes are sprouting for the spring.

Ground acorns are soaking the tannins out as I type.

Peach and Nectarine trees are in flower. Apples, plums, pears, figs will all be in leaf any time now. Still have dried fruit, preserves and jams from last year.

Chickens are still laying.

Wife just made another gallon of elderberry syrup from some of the berries we put up last fall. Bees are active, in and out of the hives.

The wife has a truckload of toilet paper hidden around the farm. Should last until corn harvest.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Man, I love the budding of Spring. Planning the garden. Have the saved seeds out, planning what goes where.

Seeing all of our berry bushes putting on leaves, knowing the flowers are soon to follow, and then the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, goji berries, kiwis, muscadines, mulberries... Still have dried berries and jellies on the shelf from last year.

Peach and Nectarine trees are in flower. Apples, plums, pears, figs will all be in leaf any time now. Still have dried fruit, preserves and jams from last year.

Wife just made another gallon of elderberry syrup from some of the berries we put up last fall. Bees are active, in and out of the hives.

The wife has a truckload of toilet paper hidden around the farm. Should last until corn harvest.

I’d feel better about it if I’d already built my house out on the property

Meanwhile in our urban utopias ..

2D1572C5-AA00-46C3-8DBF-D29256C2ECF5.gif

You’re right about that. People always panic over the same 5 or so things like eggs, bread, milk, etc. but most people don’t then carry that thought to the next thing or the thing after and so on. Another concern I have is that most people seem to be stocking up and preparing for a shutdown of life, basically, for 2 weeks. What happens after that? This won’t be over in 2 weeks. I bet that’ll time well with a massive increase in testing and set off the next major panic escalation. I hope I’m wrong but I have little faith in the intelligence of the population as a whole.
I worry about a gas panic.

And mild I think just means anything less than serious or critical condition in a hospital. So it doesn't necessarily mean a runny nose and low-grade fever.

China’s classification of mild cases included those progressing into pneumonia. It appears they may have been non hospital admittance types.

VN Store

Back