Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

In a month or so when this blows over and bunch of people, including some here are going to look like and feel like dumb asses but of course they will never admit it

I was talking with a co-worker about this topic this morning. It will be interesting to see the media, CDC, NIH and other health organization's reflections on this virus vs. other epidemic/pandemics of the past 20 years.

If the corona virus holds its course it will be the least affected and least lethal pandemic/epidemic virus in the US in the past 20 years. By a WIDE margin.

I am not downplaying people who lost their lives because that is a very sad situation for all involved but in comparison to other viruses it is way down the list.

Reactions: volfanjustin
I'm not sure this is the time to put out a statement about holding anyone (presumably China) accountable. We've become so dependent on them that we can't afford to make enemies of them in a time of crisis. That's the only reason Trump complimented their handling of this IMO

I think we should put out a statement, coordinated of course with other countries around the world that have been impacted. China is hurting economically at the moment and the tariffs had an effect on them too, got them to the table. They won’t be cutting anybody off IMO. I think we and others would be well within our right to criticize them, especially in light of the number of viruses over the years that have gotten out of control over there. They have to step up their public health efforts over there.

I was talking with a co-worker about this topic this morning. It will be interesting to see the media, CDC, NIH and other health organization's reflections on this virus vs. other epidemic/pandemics of the past 20 years.

If the corona virus holds its course it will be the least affected and least lethal pandemic/epidemic virus in the US in the past 20 years. By a WIDE margin.

I am not downplaying people who lost their lives because that is a very sad situation for all involved but in comparison to other viruses it is way down the list.
Well we know what their spin will be, they will say the precautions taken and the hysteria they spread saved us all

7:30 AM Data Dump from Johns Hopkins

Coronavirus – What Are The Symptoms?
Shortness Of Breath
Wet Cough
High Fever

Is not contagious when on plastic for more than 8 or 9 hours.

Does not necessarily stay in the air for 3 hours.

Dr Segal predicts the virus cases will decline when the weather gets warmer and due to drastic public health measures. Contradicts what others have said. Convinced it's seasonal. Does not see a lot of cases in South America, Australia, Around the Equator, etc but admits he could be wrong.

Overall, this may not pan out to be near as bad as the press is claiming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13
ES_f8lvX0AUJRFY

VN Store

Back