Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about your mom. I know what you're going through.
I know you do...It sucks. At this point I just want her suffering to end. Between the ammonia buildup due to her liver failing, and the brain tumors, her mind is almost totally gone, and she has to sit up all the time now because she can't breathe when laying down due to the tumors in her lungs.

I know you do...It sucks. At this point I just want her suffering to end. Between the ammonia buildup due to her liver failing, and the brain tumors, her mind is almost totally gone, and she has to sit up all the time now because she can't breathe when laying down due to the tumors in her lungs.
The suffering is what tears your heart out. When mom passed she was surrounded by her whole family including her grandkids. We take comfort in knowing she felt our presence. Immediately after she passed she looked more at peace than she had been in a long time. Peace be with all you guys and know that people are behind you and thinking of you. Many think that "thoughts and prayers" are useless and a waste of time. Maybe it is for some but for me it was comforting knowing people were at least thinking about you and cared.

The suffering is what tears your heart out. When mom passed she was surrounded by her whole family including her grandkids. We take comfort in knowing she felt our presence. Immediately after she passed she looked more at peace than she had been in a long time. Peace be with all you guys and know that people are behind you and thinking of you. Many think that "thoughts and prayers" are useless and a waste of time. Maybe it is for some but for me it was comforting knowing people were at least thinking about you and cared.
Prayers for McGill, Invol and your families. Been there and it is tough. Prayers from my friends were a true source of comfort. You do find out who your friends are.

We luckily got screwed by Amazon's recurring purchase option. That is how we get all our paper towels and toilet paper. Well, when we started having too much backstock, the 'cancel recurring shipment' option didn't take for many months. So now we just have boxes and boxes and boxes of paper stacked up.

I just knew it would come in handy one day.
So, you have a veritable Bounty of paper towels on your hands.?

Just got back from Breckenridge, probably out of tp at home, was in Denver and pittsburg airport today. Everyone had masks on, my liver is hurting! Good times!
WV still holding strong as one of the few states with no reported cases.
Interesting they're also the state with the fewest doctors. I wonder if there's a correlation.

@InVOLuntary what stocks would you recommend on investing in and when?
I'm no expert. Plenty on here know much more. I go by the common sense approach. I usually invest in companies I see personally on a daily basis are doing well. I own some Amazon. Will probably buy more as i see online shopping becoming more and more a need. I bought some home Depot a few years ago and it's done very well. I own several mutual funds which gives you diversification.

There's a thread in the pub about investing and there are some really good guys that know their stuff over there. @Thunder Good-Oil is very knowledgeable.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
@InVOLuntary what stocks would you recommend on investing in and when?
And as far as when, listen to your gut. My gut told me to liquidate everything 2-3 weeks ago and I didn't listen. If I had I stood the chance of really making some money. I've got a little cash from dividends. I'm watching for the first sign that this virus is subsiding and I'm going to buy quickly. Probably spend it all on Amazon. It won't be many shares with Amazon trading at $1700/share. 😂

Reactions: Volbucky
They are very much appreciated, and they are definitely not worthless. I thank God I am not the nihilistic skeptic I once was.

I think so. I assume your mom has a will. The will will have to go through probate anyway and that will take a while. One of our resident attorneys can answer that. @Vols4us I think is one and maybe @VolGee4 .

I am not a probate attorney and have never stepped foot in a probate court. However, the retirement and/or money market accounts usually designate beneficiaries. Those accounts would pass outside a will because they have named beneficiaries.

I also happen to have accounts with Edward Jones. While it has been impossible to not lose money the last 3 weeks, Edward Jones is a fairly conservative company, and their advisors are usually conservative with accounts for those people toward the end of their lives.

I’m not sure I can give you a whole lot of advice, but hope that helps.

Last edited:
I'm no expert. Plenty on here know much more. I go by the common sense approach. I usually invest in companies I see personally on a daily basis are doing well. I own some Amazon. Will probably buy more as i see online shopping becoming more and more a need. I bought some home Depot a few years ago and it's done very well. I own several mutual funds which gives you diversification.

There's a thread in the pub about investing and there are some really good guys that know their stuff over there. @Thunder Good-Oil is very knowledgeable.
Don’t tell me how to live my life, Boomer

I'm so sorry. I hate that you're having to go through this. Heartfelt prayers for you, your mom and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back