Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ditto. But seriously, stay safe out there man. Maybe consider wearing disposable gloves if you come in contact with a lot of people.
I don't usually have to do that, but I take people to clinics and hospitals all over the state, and then have to ride in an enclosed space with them..sometimes for several hours.

Somehow I got lucky and bought the huge Costco packages of TP and paper towels a few weeks ago before people were going nuts over them.

But haven't stocked up on food. About to brave the masses at the grocery store and see how many canned goods are left. I definitely think all flights are about to be grounded in the U.S. and major city quarantines are perhaps a week away at this point.

Any of you financial gurus have any words of encouragement at all? How much more are we going to lose? I am going to talk to my siblings tommorow and see if there is any way we can leave it in till the market recovers..I have no idea how this works.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Any of you financial gurus have any words of encouragement at all? How much more are we going to lose? I am going to talk to my siblings tommorow and see if there is any way we can leave it in till the market recovers..I have no idea how this works.
Definitely don't sell now. You missed that opportunity two weeks ago. Patience is your friend here. It will come back and when it does, huge profits are to be made.

Definitely don't sell now. You missed that opportunity two weeks ago. Patience is your friend here. It will come back and when it does, huge profits are to be made.
I am riding out the storm. In 2008 I panicked and sold low. It was a big mistake. Unless you are 5 years or less from retirement, then ride it out. BTW, if you are 5 years or less from retirement you should be very cautious about how much you have in the market.

This is just my opinion, please consult an investment professional.

My wife is on the board for our local young professionals association and they have decided to go through with their monthly gathering tonight.

We have said our goodbyes and I told her I loved her. I have locked all the deadbolts and raised the drawbridge over the moat. She was a good wife and will be missed dearly.
1584050924906.gif

We luckily got screwed by Amazon's recurring purchase option. That is how we get all our paper towels and toilet paper. Well, when we started having too much backstock, the 'cancel recurring shipment' option didn't take for many months. So now we just have boxes and boxes and boxes of paper stacked up.

I just knew it would come in handy one day.
Congrats on the disposable wipe cartel

Let me further explain...My mothers money is all in an investment portfolio with Edward Jones financial. I know that it was supposed to be divested after her death, and split among me and my five siblings.

So..she has very little time left, her liver is barely functioning, her lungs are so full of tumors she can barely breathe, and her brain is full of tumors also.

My question is, if we all agree, can we not leave the portfolio intact until the market recovers? I don't know anything about this stuff.

The economy was doing great before this damn virus. I expect a hard bounce back, but it's going to get worse before it gets better. Fear of the unknown is the driving cause of the sell off imo.

Last edited:
Let me further explain...My mothers money is all in an investment portfolio with Edward Jones financial. I know that it was supposed to be divested after her death, and split among me and my five siblings.

So..she has very little time left, her liver is barely functioning, her lungs are so full of tumors she can barely breathe, and her brain is full of tumors also.

My question is, if we all agree, can we not leave the portfolio intact until the market recovers? I don't know anything about this stuff.
I think so. I assume your mom has a will. The will will have to go through probate anyway and that will take a while. One of our resident attorneys can answer that. @Vols4us I think is one and maybe @VolGee4 .

Just got back from Breckenridge, probably out of tp at home, was in Denver and pittsburg airport today. Everyone had masks on, my liver is hurting! Good times!
WV still holding strong as one of the few states with no reported cases.

I think so. I assume your mom has a will. The will will have to go through probate anyway and that will take a while. One of our resident attorneys can answer that. @Vols4us I think is one and maybe @VolGee4 .
I did not think about probate...thanks. That should give time for some recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back