'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

If this crew were timed at the NFL Combine.
I believe it would something like this

Hyatt 4.35
Jones 4.41
Holiday 4.47
Calloway 4.51

Hyatt's first 10 would not be as good as Jones. But the last 30 he would catch him and beat him by half a step.
It's fun to think about.
To me it's not fun to think of unless you actually make the measurements

To me it's not fun to think of unless you actually make the measurements

And I think all guys I listed will get NFL combine timed eventually. 4.5 is absolutely flying. 4.4 is elite. And sub 4.4 transcendent speed. Especially if they're able to apply that speed to the field of play.

Remember when Eric Berry was supposedly 4.34 coming out of Fairburn, GA? Over his days at UT his play did not suggest anything different speedwise.
Then heGets to the combine and runs 4.47.

So if these guys can play anywhere close to theses listed 40 times then we are in for a treat. But I doubt all of those guys are sub 4.4
Just Hyatt imo.

I remember when Peter Warrick was destroying defenses at FSU, it was said during a telecast that he ran 4.28 at camp.
Comes to the combine and runs 4.56.

Reactions: bpalmer28
And I think all guys I listed will get NFL combine timed eventually. 4.5 is absolutely flying. 4.4 is elite. And sub 4.4 transcendent speed. Especially if they're able to apply that speed to the field of play.

Remember when Eric Berry was supposedly 4.34 coming out of Fairburn, GA? Over his days at UT his play did not suggest anything different speedwise.

So if these guys can play anywhere close to theses listed 40 times then we are in for a treat. But I doubt all of those guys are sub 4.4
Just Hyatt imo.

I remember when Peter Warrick was destroying defenses at FSU, it was said during a telecast that he ran 4.28 at camp.
I'm just glad he was fast enough to run into David Leverton.

Just Hyatt imo.

Berry actually ran a 4.46/4.47 his first run and a 4.40 his second one so I think it's fairly accurate. I thought he ran like a 4.38 or 4.4 out of high school but I could be mistaken. Think Earl Thomas was the only safety in the draft that year that ran a faster 40 than him.

Reactions: feathersax
I know some were joking earlier about getting slower during college...but for real - could adding "too much" muscle legitimately slow one's 40 time materially?

I mean, some of these wire thin WR/DBs can come in sub-170 from HS. An extra 20-30+ lbs could have an effect on speed. Or does the added leg muscle and training cancel that out?

I know some were joking earlier about getting slower during college...but for real - could adding "too much" muscle legitimately slow one's 40 time materially?

I mean, some of these wire thin WR/DBs can come in sub-170 from HS. An extra 20-30+ lbs could have an effect on speed. Or does the added leg muscle and training cancel that out?
I think the biggest impact stems from guys not running track anymore. Not doing the track workouts in the offseason probably trims a bit off of their times.

Likewise there’s also a lot more 4.30-4.40 guys in college than the combine represents since plenty of guys are fast but not extremely talented.

I'm just glad he was fast enough to run into David Leverton.

One of the best open field tackles a UT player has ever made.

I mean he was literally the last dude and had nobody close to back him up. A punter tackled one of the most elusive players in College Football history.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
One of the best open field tackles a UT player has ever made.

I mean he was literally the last dude and had nobody close to back him up. A punter tackled one of the most elusive players in College Football history.

That tackle helped win the game. No doubt

dropped him like a sack of potatoes.

One of the All Time Great plays in UT Vol history! There are of course many, but a top 10 would be interesting.

Powell run v Miami

Seivers v Clemson

Holloway v GT

Peyton bootleg v Toothlessville

Grant one handed interception v Gators

Duffs stuff

Mose Phillips in the Downpour

Dobbnail boot

Stumble & fumble

etc ...

... maybe there is a thread?

Edit: This would be a great list to make and do one of those playoff brackets to determine the order.

- Callahan
For all the hand wringers over our 247 average in the FF, it’s stuff like this that should tell you what this staff is capable of. This guy is an absolute playmaker that we didn’t hear a word about until a month before signing day and now he’s a vol. Get used to seeing this sort of thing.

Just good ol' Bud and bud, here. But, I can't wait to see Wideman eventually play basketball. Probably, not this year, but eventually I think he will contribute on the court. Plus, if for some reason he decided to concentrate on basketball, I wouldn't be surprised if he became an all-SEC level, potential draft pick in basketball. Elite athlete

Just good ol' Bud and bud, here. But, I can't wait to see Wideman eventually play basketball. Probably, not this year, but eventually I think he will contribute on the court. Plus, if for some reason he decided to concentrate on basketball, I wouldn't be surprised if he became an all-SEC level, potential draft pick in basketball. Elite athlete
Got some good bud too. No alcohol for a several months now. Go Vols.
So how many we got going to play BB also. Wideman, Beckwith, who else.

U know what I meant. He's not in the same class as Dee and MW, was what I was trying to say. And yes I am. If u go to a game this year, let me know, we gotta tailgate together
I can tell by your post that being cross faded is a way of life for you. Allow me to join and we’ll know the final score before kickoff, namean?

VN Store

Back