I didn’t make any such bold statements
About pons or Fulky.

My “bold statements” have been:

“The game has passed Barnes by”
“kent will never help”
“SV isn’t a Pg “
“Pember will never help”
“Uros will never be more than a role player”

That’s the only “bold” statements I have Made here after seeing these kids play. Glad I was wrong on Barnes but his clear stubborn old school coaching moment at Auburn is another thing to point at for not dancing

You made multiple claims about Fulk being a mistake verse taking Braxton Key.

You are smarter than that, you know what I’m saying. I think looking at the roster (assuming JJ leaves) most would agree the biggest area of need/hole would be a legitimate All-Sec caliber post presence. If you don’t land someone like that then Fulk and Pons play big minutes, just because you could use that person doesn’t mean that ORN/Plavsic would play those same minutes though as say a Kerry Blackshear?

Then you and I agree adding another player helps our odds on that area

Of course not but keeping Pember damn sure doesn’t change our needs

I don’t see anyone at this point other than a grad transfer stepping in next year and making a big impact...I am perfectly fine with them giving Pember another year (getting the redshirt he should’ve had) and seeing how he progresses. JJ hasn’t really done much in his 4 years here on campus, but he’s still here, and I’m glad we’ve had him this year because in some games he’s definitely been needed...not everyone is going to be a star

Not sure how Cardwell who sat this entire HS year is a better prospect than Pember who is on the team and has a year in the system under his belt now.

If there's a solid grad transfer option though and we have a spot I'd also agree that's a better route. Nothing in the cards says Dylan won't be next year's "1/3" or Kent.

I don’t see anyone at this point other than a grad transfer stepping in next year and making a big impact...I am perfectly fine with them giving Pember another year (getting the redshirt he should’ve had) and seeing how he progresses. JJ hasn’t really done much in his 4 years here on campus, but he’s still here, and I’m glad we’ve had him this year because in some games he’s definitely been needed...not everyone is going to be a star

If next year was the only thing at stake I’d agree but we better have dudes loaded for Bear two years from now.
That’s why I am not for a grad transfer.
Give me a freshmen like this guy that can start his development

Not sure how Cardwell who sat this entire HS year is a better prospect than Pember who is on the team and has a year in the system under his belt now.

If there's a solid grad transfer option though and we have a spot I'd also agree that's a better route. Nothing in the cards says Dylan won't be next year's "1/3" or Kent.

Cardwell and pember aren’t the same positions.

Pember is going to have to beat out Johnson, Johnson, James, and ticket out for minutes. Ain’t happening

I can barely remember my login from week to week, I have no idea how you guys remember each others' posts from years ago. Do you write this stuff down to bring up at a later day haha?
Ha

Funny thing is BTO is barking up the wrong tree trying to bring up my preference of Key over Fulky in recruiting. Fulky is better now but key has been better the previous 3 years AND averaged 20min a game on a natty team. I Sure wish Fulky has done that for us last year

Reactions: sport3500
Would you rather have pember or JJ on next years team?
Pember...I don’t think either has a chance of playing, give me the guy who obviously has some eligibility left and has zero chance of causing any sort of rift over not getting minutes.

Pember...I don’t think either has a chance of playing, give me the guy who obviously has some eligibility left and has zero chance of causing any sort of rift over not getting minutes.

I get that but I disagree. As I said before the sooner you correct a wrong in recruiting the sooner you can make that spot work for you. Pember is never going to help even as much as Johnson has as long as we have a tourney type team which we should going forward

I get that but I disagree. As I said before the sooner you correct a wrong in recruiting the sooner you can make that spot work for you. Pember is never going to help even as much as Johnson has as long as we have a tourney type team which we should going forward
Agree to disagree

Reactions: BruinVol
Thank goodness

The bottom line is Key won a natty averaging 20min a game. That’s a pretty key role on a great team.
Can’t argue with that career
I don’t think he’s the reason they won a natty, in other words if you swap him with a similar caliber role player I don’t think their season likely changes...you also made the statement that Key’s Pt’s & Rbd’s would outnumber Fulky’s, it wasn’t about who’s school would win more games. If that was the parameters then I guess JJ > a lot of guys?

I don’t think he’s the reason they won a natty, in other words if you swap him with a similar caliber role player I don’t think their season likely changes...you also made the statement that Key’s Pt’s & Rbd’s would outnumber Fulky’s, it wasn’t about who’s school would win more games. If that was the parameters then I guess JJ > a lot of guys?

Any player that averages 20min a game on a natty team is a winning caliber player. We all know Fulky is that now but he wasn’t his first 3 years here. Now it’s worth arguing his injury cost him being that type player but none the less he wasn’t a winning player until now.

VN Store

Back