'20 VA C Dylan Cardwell

Where and when has he visited, lately?

Didn’t he take all his OVs in the fall?

If he was focusing on his eligibility and waiting all along to sign late taking the OVs in the fall doesn’t pass the smell test

If he didn’t take visits before the fall signing period I agree will your point

Didn’t he take all his OVs in the fall?

If he was focusing on his eligibility and waiting all along to sign late taking the OVs in the fall doesn’t pass the smell test

If he didn’t take visits before the fall signing period I agree will your point
His eligibility wasn't brought into question until right before the season started, as I understand it.

I’m curious what is there that he can do to work on his eligibility?
Not sure. I'm sure there is some amount of paperwork and appeals process, similar to Plavsic's efforts.

In any case, he has put his recruitment on hold as a result. You dont have to believe that, but those words are straight from his mouth, which is a lot more compelling evidence than anything out there suggesting that we, at any point, have told him we aren't ready to accept his commitment.

Not sure. I'm sure there is some amount of paperwork and appeals process, similar to Plavsic's efforts.

In any case, he has put his recruitment on hold as a result. You dont have to believe that, but those words are straight from his mouth, which is a lot more compelling evidence than anything out there suggesting that we, at any point, have told him we aren't ready to accept his commitment.

Imo him taking OVs before the signing period makes it clear he could have simply just signed and then worried about his eligibility. Sorry I ain’t buying the connection as faxing in an NLi doesn’t require any deal of time

Now it’s Much more possible we and or other schools have done a great job of asking him to wait

Imo him taking OVs before the signing period makes it clear he could have simply just signed and then worried about his eligibility. Sorry I ain’t buying the connection as faxing in an NLi doesn’t require any deal of time

Now it’s Much more possible we and or other schools have done a great job of asking him to wait
Like I said, feel free not to believe it, but there is absolutely no evidence to the contrary other than your own projection and conspiracy theory.

Reactions: butchna
You can never have enough point guards on a roster and playing against Bailey will make Johnson and Springer better next season.

Who knows, Bailey might get some playing time at shooting guard next season.

Coach Barnes will have a chance to play a lot of interesting lineups next season.

You can never have enough point guards on a roster and playing against Bailey will make Johnson and Springer better next season.

Who knows, Bailey might get some playing time at shooting guard next season.

Coach Barnes will have a chance to play a lot of interesting lineups next season.

It’s going to cause a heck of a lot of good discussions around here. Very hard to predict minutes for next year

Reactions: sport3500
My biggest worry about next year’s team is a lack of three point shooting. Bailey shot 38.3% from three at Oregon, 39.8% his sophomore year. Admittedly it wasn’t at a high volume (less than 2 attempts a game), but it’s still a skill we will need to tap into. I think he will have a role

ird4pu2fm8s21.jpg

My biggest worry about next year’s team is a lack of three point shooting. Bailey shot 38.3% from three at Oregon, 39.8% his sophomore year. Admittedly it wasn’t at a high volume (less than 2 attempts a game), but it’s still a skill we will need to tap into. I think he will have a role

Our main returning perimeter shooters (Vescovi, James, Johnson and Pons) are currently a combined 36% from deep this year. I would assume Pons, Vescovi and James likely all improve even if just a little as Barnes has a track record of that...add in Bailey and I’m not too worried about it ATM.

It’s going to cause a heck of a lot of good discussions around here. Very hard to predict minutes for next year

It’s rare for guys to redshirt non-injury after freshman year, but it would really seem to be a great chance to get back a year for Pember and/or Gaines.

Our main returning perimeter shooters (Vescovi, James, Johnson and Pons) are currently a combined 36% from deep this year. I would assume Pons, Vescovi and James likely all improve even if just a little as Barnes has a track record of that...add in Bailey and I’m not too worried about it ATM.

Agreed although I think Springer and Johnson will both hurt those %

Agreed although I think Springer and Johnson will both hurt those %
They probably will, but it will be key for those guys to take good shots...they bring a driving ability the others mentioned don’t, so hopefully it will create a nice balance.

Cardwell would be an outstanding addition to this class.

I don’t care about his star ranking.
Agree. We need a big with some bulk on him so when we play physical teams we can put Fulkerson at the 4 so he doesn’t get beat up. Plus Cardwell is a shot blocker so why not sign with the best shot blocking team in the SEC.

Lastly, if his selection is between us and Georgia, I would tend to like our chances. Yes, I know Georgia beat us when Edwards went off, but Crean has finished in the bottom 2 in SEC league play these last 2 years. Even a sure fire top 3 NBA draft pick didn’t help them that much. Expect Bulldog fans would expect more than this. They have good athletes, so not sure what the issue is with their program.

Agree. We need a big with some bulk on him so when we play physical teams we can put Fulkerson at the 4 so he doesn’t get beat up. Plus Cardwell is a shot blocker so why not sign with the best shot blocking team in the SEC.

Lastly, if his selection is between us and Georgia, I would tend to like our chances. Yes, I know Georgia beat us when Edwards went off, but Crean has finished in the bottom 2 in SEC league play these last 2 years. Even a sure fire top 3 NBA draft pick didn’t help them that much. Expect Bulldog fans would expect more than this. They have good athletes, so not sure what the issue is with their program.

UGA has at least 3 guys that should be on NBA rosters at some point, with one of them being a lottery pick. It’s crazy.

Is Cardwell being recruited by AU at all. He’s related to Rodney Garner’s wife.

After seeing what Barnes has been able to do with fulkerson, I’m not really worried about our big men next year. I think uros will be much better, BUT, cardwell is someone I’d love to have on the team.

After seeing what Barnes has been able to do with fulkerson, I’m not really worried about our big men next year. I think uros will be much better, BUT, cardwell is someone I’d love to have on the team.
Yeah Fulky became a great scoring post, and I don’t want to discredit him at all. But he would still get bullied at times down low and people would just score at will (like Mississippi State). And more worryingly, we got dominated on the boards with stunning regularity. Something has gotta change there, or we’re capped at the sweet 16 next year, if that. And it can’t just be John improving, he has a ceiling when it comes to rebounding due to his height and athleticism

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back