Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever make it to the Grand Canyon? I stopped there on my way out to California for a military trip. It is absolutely incredible. I would love to go and spend a little more time, but just the sheer immensity of it leaves you feeling even more insignificant than usual.

@Catbone probably shouldn't go.

We've been there 3 times. We much preferred the North Rim as it's much less congested but it's a bitch to get to. We came down from Colorado and visited I think 5 state and/or national parks in Utah the first time so that was the closest main entrance. We went back a couple of years ago and were trying to find the entrance. Siri showed the road to it as closed while Waze sent us down some dirt road with massive gulleys all through the road. We could only go about 5 miles per hour and it was like 30 miles on this road. We kept thinking this didn't seem like the way we had gone years before. We finally gave up and found one small mom and pop's motel that had a single room remaining. Found out the next day that the main entrance didn't open for 3 days. So we went to Las Vegas and then came back in 3 days :) The stars there were the most amazing we've seen anywhere other than northern Maine. It felt like you could almost reach out and touch them and they were like dancing and undulating in the sky.

It would be nice if this new potential transfer rule didn’t allow interleague transfers. The reason I mention that is TB is discussing the pros and cons.

The upside is a rebuilding team can poach quality bench players at places like Bama with the offer of immediate playing time.

The downside is playoff teams can poach starters from rebuilding teams with the offer of playing for championships.

You also have to worry about mega coaches like Saban and Smart “stashing” players at other schools. “Sorry kid, I don’t have room for you this class but take that Tennessee offer. Get some playing time then contact me after your freshman year and we’ll see what we can do.”

Could be a disastrous mess if there are no restrictions.

I think we need to get to 19-20 wins TOTAL (SEC tourney included) to be in the NCAA conversation. I know some have said 18, but I think there are too many other teams in the mix for that to work for us, especially considering how bad the SEC is.

Yeah I think 20 minimum and even then I'd be skeptical we can get in. Honestly I'm fine with 18 or so and a NIT appearance (hopefully winning it like Shaka Smart lol)

Our whole society is based on money and sex; nothing wrong with either, provided the contextual relationship is correct. Most of you guys are a lot younger than me; I am 66 years old and I can tell you that with age comes broader perspective, which is a good thing. Our daughters need to be raised to be good wives and mothers. This is what they truly want; not that a career is bad, but their desire is the culmination of many thousands of years of societal programming to provide what is best for society. Sex outside the bonds of holy matrimony is unhealthy for society. There, I said it. Sure, God has given men an incredible urge to procreate, and we want young, fertile females (and they want us). I understand. Been there, done that. But to do so outside the bonds of marriage is ruinous to society - just take a look at the statistics for unwed mothers/illegitimate births. Families need Moms AND Dads. This is one of the major problems with current culture. Rant over.

This is almost WTF material.

Our whole society is based on money and sex; nothing wrong with either, provided the contextual relationship is correct. Most of you guys are a lot younger than me; I am 66 years old and I can tell you that with age comes broader perspective, which is a good thing. Our daughters need to be raised to be good wives and mothers. This is what they truly want; not that a career is bad, but their desire is the culmination of many thousands of years of societal programming to provide what is best for society. Sex outside the bonds of holy matrimony is unhealthy for society. There, I said it. Sure, God has given men an incredible urge to procreate, and we want young, fertile females (and they want us). I understand. Been there, done that. But to do so outside the bonds of marriage is ruinous to society - just take a look at the statistics for unwed mothers/illegitimate births. Families need Moms AND Dads. This is one of the major problems with current culture. Rant over.

Now just how TF you know what women truly desire and want?

Maine and New Hampshire are really beautiful states. Folks are kind of weird up there, but along the coast and at any number of lakes, there are a lot of quiet and relaxing areas up there.
Acadia National Park in Maine is amazing! And lots of other parts of that state are beautiful as well.
Was traveling through Maine and a friend pulled up a picture of this place:

HUSSEY_ILLO_v5.2.1496333049.jpg

And we randomly just happened to drive by it about 30 minutes later, lol. Huge store with lots of odd stuff like commode plungers that looked like shotguns, giant rocking chairs for "dad" (like 8 feet tall) and tiny rocking chairs for "baby".

As far as weird people go, we once went to camp at Meat Cove at the northernmost tip of Nova Scotia. It was someones backyard that overlooked the ocean. Absolutely beautiful place and the whole Cape Breton trail was an amazing drive.

CB-29082018-Meat-Cove-Campers-NS_medium.JPG

Hurricane Bob had followed us the whole way up there and we barely missed being in the eye of it at one point by just a few miles with pieces of buildings and signs strewn along the road.

I think we had to drive down some dirt road for about 15 or 20 miles to get to Meat Cove. It's very isolated. We get there and there's a big, ominous black cloud rising behind this graveyard that has "Pray For Us" spelled out in large boulders. Felt like we were in some Steven King movie. We get to the campground early in the morning and there's several tents floating in the ocean, others that have been ripped to shreads, and people driving away. Someone comes up to us and says, "Get out of here while you can" which we did after taking pictures. A few years later, I ended up working with a girl from Nova Scotia and was telling her about this and she's like "Yeah, there's lots of weird stories about that place and lots of inbreeding. We were always scared to go there". I told her we felt the same way about Alabama. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back