Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely deep periwinkle. Sheesh

your-color-style-shades-of-purple-01.png

That settles it. Map is periwinkle and salmon.

Reactions: Glitch
I'm not saying it doesn't or hasn't happened. Just saying I can't recall the last time a true freshman QB stepped in to start game 1.

Generally curious though, if you know of one or if anyone else does?
It's rare for a true freshman qb to replace a returning senior starter at any point in the season without injury. Even rarer for it to lead to many wins. Just doesn't happen like people are making it seem. Nb4 but but but trevor Lawrence.

It's rare for a true freshman qb to replace a returning senior starter at any point in the season without injury. Even rarer for it to lead to many wins. Just doesn't happen like people are making it seem. Nb4 but but but trevor Lawrence.

Wasn't until that 3rd game against Georgia Southern when Trevor really "took" the job.

Reactions: Sleegro
I mean I actually think the Arizona State QB is the best example of it working successfully.

1. ASU doesn't have the same talent that Clemson does
2. He won the job and wasn't splitting time in game 1 (he balled out for nearly 300 yards 2 TDs, 0 INTs and almost 63% completion too)
3. Power 5 conference (I know it's the weakest of the Power 5) but he did still play some good defenses, like Oregon who he TORCHED

If Bailey goes for 2900 yards 17 TDs and just 2 INTs as a freshman like Daniels did I'll be happier than a pig in crap.

David Ubben actually just wrote an article about this last week on The Athletic.

Why Jarrett Guarantano is well-positioned to hold off...

"But a true freshman unseating a three-year starter and fifth-year senior is almost unheard of in the sport, regardless of the quality of the upperclassman. "

"Tennessee fans who want Bailey to walk in and win the job are hoping for something that rarely, if ever, happens in the sport. "

Mentions Tood Boeckman - Terrelle Pryor and Joe Bausrman - Braxton Miller for OSU
Greyson Lambert - Jacob Eason for UGA
Justin Holman - McKenzie Milton for UCF

and even those above aren't perfect examples

David Ubben actually just wrote an article about this last week on The Athletic.

Why Jarrett Guarantano is well-positioned to hold off...

"But a true freshman unseating a three-year starter and fifth-year senior is almost unheard of in the sport, regardless of the quality of the upperclassman. "

"Tennessee fans who want Bailey to walk in and win the job are hoping for something that rarely, if ever, happens in the sport. "

Mentions Tood Boeckman - Terrelle Pryor and Joe Bausrman - Braxton Miller for OSU
Greyson Lambert - Jacob Eason for UGA
Justin Holman - McKenzie Milton for UCF

and even those above aren't perfect examples

You calling @Sleegro David Ubben?!?!

WAFFLE HOUSE!
WAFFLE HOUSE!

75 years ago today my Hero my Grandfather kicked everyone’s ass on Iwo Jima. I was fortunate enough to go to Iwo on detachment in 1994. I sent him a lot of pictures and videos. His unit had an annual reunion at Henry Horton park because the majority of them were from Middle Tennessee. They were so excited when he brought the pictures. 957883D0-621F-4048-A929-7178BBD272A0.jpeg31BFB4B2-5A95-428B-873E-F83BB3B17BA2.jpeg7D198415-1EBE-43B5-8DDD-7EC45D23FACB.jpeg

I heard that during Harrison Bailey's first few weeks in Knoxville, he was familiarizing himself with the city. When he walked by this one building, he slammed the door pictured below.

ccb_door.jpg

Yes, you are interpreting that correctly: Harrison Bailey can slam a revolving door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back