Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, NC, SC, Virginia, Florida, Bama, Mississippi, WV, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Oklahoma, SD, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, California, Utah, Nevada.

Same number but a different composition. Haven't visited: WV, Pennsylvania (only Pittsburgh airport), Indiana, Nebraska, SD, and Montana. Add: Hawaii, Arizona, NM, Louisiana, Mass, and Minnesota. Would like to see the Northwest.

I would say me but "visited" would be a lie. Driven thru the continental US, passed by most of our greatest landmarks but spent time or enjoyed? Less😐

I've been through every state other than Alaska, Washington, and Wisconsin but likewise can't say I "visited" all 47 states. We have driven cross-country several times and passed through many states. Even so, we've done crazy things like driving off the beaten path to see Devils Tower (from Close Encounters of the Third Kind) at midnight under a full moon, followed by visiting Mount Rushmore around 4 AM. This was after leaving Yellowstone and going the long way back to Knoxville via Beartooth Pass because some dude at our campground recommended it as we were leaving. My wife and I ended up driving the whole way back, trading off sleeping while the other drove so we could take these diversions :) Overall, I'd guess I've "visited" around 40 states.

We've also been through most of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and parts of Quebec and Ontario. We once went to rent a car from Thrifty in Alcoa and they told us they no longer allowed unlimited miles because they had people rent cars for 2 weeks and bring them back with 7,000 miles on them. Hmmm, I wonder who would do such a thing? :p

Last edited:
I've been through every state other than Alaska, Washington, and Wisconsin but likewise can't say I "visited" all 47 states. We have driven cross-country several times and passed through many states. Even so, we've done crazy things like driving off the beaten path to see Devils Tower (from Close Encounters of the Third Kind) at midnight under a full moon, followed by visiting Mount Rushmore around 4 AM. This was after leaving Yellowstone and going the long way back to Knoxville via Beartooth Pass because some dude at our campground recommended it as we were leaving. My wife and I ended up driving the whole way back, trading off sleeping while the other drove so we could take these diversions :) Overall, I'd guess I've "visited" around 40 states.

That is awesome. I would like to do something like that with my wife. Maybe for our 20th anniversary in a couple of years.

"Yes. I'd like to schedule flights to four airports in four different states. How soon can I get those flights?"

- @RockyTopInBham (Prolly)
1 day round trip flight with layovers in all 4 states.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
Unfortunately, layovers don't count. You will have to leave the airport for a minimum of 5 hours in each state.
What is it is the same airport multiple times ?? Use to connect in Pittsburgh to get to Toronto..

Next challenge will be how many foreign countries

Haha, looks a lot like mine but just swap 3 of the southwestern for 3 of the northeastern. And of course, South Carolina.
I was actually pretty shocked I couldn't remember any trips to SC considering I grew up in Chattanooga. I've probably been but just don't remember it. But going in April so will basically have all the south checked off. haha. Tennessee and Washington state are definitely my favorites.

Reactions: chargervol
That is awesome. I would like to do something like that with my wife. Maybe for our 20th anniversary in a couple of years.

We loved doing this and got to see lots of the country. We did most of these trips when we were much younger. We did a trip like this one time with our daughter about 7 years ago who was a trooper during the trip but said she would never participate in such a trip in the future. Her dentist had some contest like "Where's Waldo", to see who visited the most places over the summer or the most exotic places. So we made her take a picture with this cutout caricature of the dentist for each welcome sign to a new state we entered. I think we went through close to 25 states on that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back