Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 3 ILB candidates to start beside Henry?

(my list)
1. Banks (if he is reinstated in time to do Spring camp/practice)
2. JJP (I know most folk have written him off, but he'll be entering Year 3 and should have the best grasp of the defense of all potential candidates)
3. Eason

I left Whitehead out of consideration since he wants to play RB & I've not heard anything from the staff that indicates he won't start his career there.

After listening to all the different announcers, VN like: "start Henry Towa-Towa on one side and Toa-auto on the other."

Agree. Crouch was used in goal line RB situations, but we have others that can fill that roll now. Le'Neth Whitehead seems to want that role. I think QC starts spending the bulk of his time with Nieds and SheltFelt going forward.
He played a lot on the edge, but I don't know if he sticks there long term. I think he ends up being Bituli's replacement. Gives opportunities for newcomer athletes to rush the passer on the outside...

As a father of three daughters, I have grown to greatly dislike shows like this. They tell young women that one dude "dating" multiple women at one time and having physical relations with multiple of these women is something that is acceptable and glorified. Reverse is true for shows like "Bachelorette". Tells young women that being in a physical relationship with multiple men that you have only known for a couple of days/weeks is a great idea. I might be a bit prudish, but I want my daughters to know that they deserve more and that they are worth more than that.

All you fathers of young men, I pray that you are teaching your boys that they are worth more than that too. I need there to be at least a few quality young men in this world that will treat young women, like my daughters, the way they should be treated and are willing to be treated by a young woman the way a young man should be treated in return.

Sorry for the rant. Raising teenage girls sends me down this road often.

Amen. Got four young boys. Let’s talk in a few years after they stop fighting over who gets to marry their mommy 😂

(my list)
2. JJP (I know most folk have written him off, but he'll be entering Year 3 and should have the best grasp of the defense of all potential candidates)
3. Eason

I left Whitehead out of consideration since he wants to play RB & I've not heard anything from the staff that indicates he won't start his career there.

I really like Whitehead. I hope they talk him into LB from day one. I’m not all that high on banks But maybe he could hold that spot until one of the young guys take it over. jjp is a bust. Anything we get from him is icing.

I actually think Crouch is pretty quick & fast and that's one reason they wanted him on the edge.

Personally based on his massive frame (although short) I would also prefer him in the middle.

Eason, French, Joseph are all 6'2" or taller, and then Baron is 6'5" if that extra height equates to them also having more length (twss) then they'd seem better options as edge rushers.

Personally still curious to see where Aaron Beasley ends up, his size and versatility made him an interesting recruit in that 2019 class. He left HS with an impressive senior season in which he played both ways (rushing for almost 2k yards). Just a 3 star from a smaller class of HS so he may well just be a special teams guy, I guess he's an underdog type like Cam that I am personally rooting for to earn some PT.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Also, I've heard that @David Ubben is also not a fan of the food of aquatic origins or warm caffeinated beverages made from filtering hot water through the grounds of roasted beans. TIFWIW

I've heard that @David Ubben puts broken up cigarettes in coffee filters and sells the resulting liquid to elementary school kids.

I fell into the office meme black hole. One of my very favorites...

ba959a2b92db8c89-michael-scott-3-years-salary-animated-gif.gif

Amen. Got four young boys. Let’s talk in a few years after they stop fighting over who gets to marry their mommy 😂

Match maker, match maker, bring me a match. Find me a find. Catch me a catch.

When my oldest was a toddler, she talked about marrying me. I tried to explain that I was married to her mother, but she didn't seem to understand. Now that just embarrasses her, so I tell EVERYONE about it. Lol.

(my list)
3. Eason

To be honest I’m more excited about our CB’s and safety core...they are stacked...I love what Nigel did back there this year obviously progressing but we have some faster ball hawks back there👀👀 Henry T.Will have the LB core follow in line,It couldn’t have happened the way it did any better than Daniel B passing the torch to Henry.Im going to miss that combo though for sure,next man up,more steam.

(my list)
3. Eason

That’s a really rough list.

How big of an ole boy 'er ya?
Hits a nerve with me...Phil and Brent in Tulsa totally stole the Roy D. Mercer character, having ripped it off from John Bean of Knoxville/Maynardville. Some of the bits are funny, for sure, but it just sticks in my craw that they stole that from him, especially given his significantly shortened life and that he wasn't around to take the legal fight to them.

My VN username is an homage to one of John's victims (the best one, IMO)...Chuckie at C&C Junkyard.

Hey VN,
My Orthopedic group are the team docs for the new XFL Dallas Renegades.

Look for me on the sideline. I am in LA covering the game today. I will be wearing a gray suit (suit required by the team) 🤠

Got to meet Coach Bob Stoops and Daryl Moose Johnston yesterday. We flew on the team charter.

We always knew you were gonna be a stahhhhh!

Seriously, that is super cool, Doc!

My wife yelled at me twice last night. 1 to show me that they went to Knoxville on The Bachelor, and 2 to show me Bruce Pearl on The Bachelor.

It is a sign.

When Barnes retires we’re throwing all the moneys at Bruce.
I would not be surprised at all to see Pearl back on Rocky Top some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back