Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seafood is disgusting. All of it.
SP-11784_HOMEPAGE_SIZZLE_v1.gif

Saw a stat that on throws of 15 yards or more jg was on target 62.5% of them. Obviously didn't complete them enough so some were drops or pass breakups. And he definitely had some that were just awful when the wr was wide open. But people exaggerate how bad he is on deep balls.

Most of JG’s throws were timing throws..JG couldn’t lead a WR on a deep ball if he tried nor does he posses the arm strength,only Brian and JT were capable of that.

Was that career or last year? Honestly, that seems really high for last year, but maybe the take away is that JG is consistently inconsistent?
Pretty sure just this season. I just think he missed some open guys probably just rushing his mechanics which made it seem worse because those could have been huge game changing plays. And those are the throws people remember more.

Reactions: Devo182
Pretty sure just this season. I just think he missed some open guys probably just rushing his mechanics which made it seem worse because those could have been huge game changing plays. And those are the throws people remember more.
2019-09-21-Tennessee-Guarantano-misses-Pope.gif

DangerousDiligentAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

True. These were some of the passes I remember.

Last edited:
Ya know I think some of our local media (surprise) is really sleeping on the returning WRs.

We lost 1st, 3rd, & 4th in receptions...but that's it basically.

Palmer who was 2nd in receptions returns, Chandler/Gray both returning and were tied at 5th in receptions. You also get back Keyton, Tillman, Pope, Johnson, and add Gibbs as well as the other WRs incoming (transfer/freshmen).

Feel like Johnson gets slept on, his Sophomore season was pretty productive filling in for the injured Jennings. He lead the team in receptions at 37 (with John Kelly) and lead the team in reception yards. I think he's a similar WR to Jennings/Callaway and that's why with those two healthy he didn't see the field much his Junior season. I really like that he was willing to RS and return for another year.

Too high if JG is still starting. If we want to take the next step it’s time to move on.

If Bailey at least looks decent during the O&W game fans are going to be fired up. Expectations for QB play are not high among Vol fans right now because what we’ve witnessed the last few years.
Hard to win games when you have to pull your starter to get his head right. The margin for error is that slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back