Vacation / Travel

Anyone ever fly Air Canada? Specifically connecting through Canada on way to Europe.

My only experience with Air Canada was last year and it was not good. Flight from San Diego to Toronto left an hour late, but no sweat as we had a two and a half hour layover. But the flight from Toronto to Budapest was delayed several times and they finally said that our plane was kaput. But, they did have an extra laying around, thankfully. So after a six hour delay we were on our way.

Oh, one other thing. I always book an aisle seat. All the aisle seats had this big box under the seat in front of you that drastically limited your foot room. That was a pain cause I'm six foot four and my feet ain't dainty. I have no idea what that box was for.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
My only experience with Air Canada was last year and it was not good. Flight from San Diego to Toronto left an hour late, but no sweat as we had a two and a half hour layover. But the flight from Toronto to Budapest was delayed several times and they finally said that our plane was kaput. But, they did have an extra laying around, thankfully. So after a six hour delay we were on our way.

Oh, one other thing. I always book an aisle seat. All the aisle seats had this big box under the seat in front of you that drastically limited your foot room. That was a pain cause I'm six foot four and my feet ain't dainty. I have no idea what that box was for.

Air Canada often departs late.

Look at better, crummy seats by airline and specific planes on "seat guru" and flyer talk

Reactions: Danl
Heading to Key West this weekend for my wife's birthday. 1 night in Coconut Grove for stone crabs at Monty's followed by 5 nights in Key West. Found a nice waterfront condo on Airbnb so we'll have room to spread out and relax when not exploring.

Late this month, SWMBO and I are going to Ireland and Scotland for three weeks (or roughly 231 pints of Guinness and 4 bottles of Scotch). I'm driving us around both countries, much to the chagrin of the local inhabitants, road signage, fences, yard art, and livestock. Its not my fault they drive on the wrong side of the road!
Any advice from those who have gone before? Places to see, places not to see, food, pubs, etc.......

TIA

Late this month, SWMBO and I are going to Ireland and Scotland for three weeks (or roughly 231 pints of Guinness and 4 bottles of Scotch). I'm driving us around both countries, much to the chagrin of the local inhabitants, road signage, fences, yard art, and livestock. Its not my fault they drive on the wrong side of the road!
Any advice from those who have gone before? Places to see, places not to see, food, pubs, etc.......

TIA

I'll be interested to hear how your trip goes. My wife and I are hoping to make a similar trip in 2-3 years.

Has anyone been to Turks and Caicos recently? I was looking into staying on Grace Bay. It looks beautiful. But then I started reading about the local crime and got a little worried. We'll be traveling with an infant so I don't want to put him and my wife in danger.

Reactions: volmanbill

TIA
How much time are you spending in each country?

TIA
I was in Scotland for about a week right before Christmas last year. Had a lot of fun. If I had it to do again, I would have skipped Glasgow altogether and spent more time in Edinburgh. All the history and castles was much more my style, and Glasgow seemed more like a modern/commercial/shopping city. St. Andrews makes a great day trip from Edinburgh as well. The course is pretty neat, but the village is really nice as well.

Reactions: Go aeiou and Danl

TIA
Grassmarket area of Edinburgh next to the castle is loaded with restaurants and pubs.

Good! We're staying about 2 blocks from Grassmarket. Any recommendations?
The two I remember from 2 years ago are the Cannonball and Biddy Mulligans. The options are everywhere though. Easiest way to see everything is jump on one of the buses and ride the loop and get off when you see something interesting. Edinburgh Castle/Grassmarket is on one end and Holyrood Palace is on the other end.

Reactions: Danl
The two I remember from 2 years ago are the Cannonball and Biddy Mulligans. The options are everywhere though. Easiest way to see everything is jump on one of the buses and ride the loop and get off when you see something interesting. Edinburgh Castle/Grassmarket is on one end and Holyrood Palace is on the other end.

Thanks, GA!

If you’re physically up to it, the hike to the top of Arthur’s Seat is well worth the view. It’s more than simply walking up a paved trail though, the last several hundred yards are over some fairly steep, rocky terrain.

Thanks much. That looks like an fairly easy walk for us. We usually do about 4 miles every morning between first and second breakfast.

VN Store

Back