Vacation / Travel

Going to Alaska in June of this year. Flying into ANC. Any recommendations on things to do or see while there? Going to Seward for a couple of days as well as Denali.

Going to Alaska in June of this year. Flying into ANC. Any recommendations on things to do or see while there? Going to Seward for a couple of days as well as Denali.

You should also go down to Homer, its a beautiful drive. On the other side of the Kenai pennisula from Seward.

Snow, Mtns in Utah are hard to beat. Me n friends, after also skiing Colorado many times, decided Utah was the best all around!!!

Story about Sundance Utah.....owned by Robert Redford
Smaller ski mtn. but very picturesque. Beautiful drive S from Salt Lake thru the Canyons.
We got on the lift to the top and could see a front approaching. At the top is a log cabin (like Jeremiah Johnson) is about 50 yards + / -
from end of lift. Myself and two other couples had just gotten off lift when wind and snow hit. We had to lean into wind to get to shelter of cabin and many others followed unhooking their skies outside on the hard pack snow so the could get inside.
Then the wind blew so hard that snow skis left laying flat on the ground were blown, tumbling across the hard pack snow! Never in my life have i seen such wind. The cabin was squeaking and creaking and every one was looking up wondering if it was gonna' collapse!
Fortunately, this only lasted around five + minutes and the wind relaxed but continued briskly.
After a couple rounds of libations to calm the nerves and head back down the beautiful mtns. the ladies had to visit the "out house" (literally an old time "eco" privy). You cant imagine their ...explatives... when they returned from getting snow blown up their.......:eek::eek::):)

VN Store

Back