Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #16/18 TEXAS A&M

Who were these five mythical 5 star players?
Horston was the number 1 guard and number 2 overall player in the country, Key was a 5*and the number 10 ranked player, Massengil 5*, number 5 ranked guard, Burrell 5* number 5 ranked wing, Davis 5* number 3 ranked guard, just those alone you should lose no more than 3 games a year at most.
Anything else???

I thought today showed some improvement on offense. Still a few too many turnovers and it's frustrating when you basically allow one player to beat you.

The Mercy Rule was in effect last year.
Were still on the main chart wait and see where we are tomorrow. If we go down to last four in then Arkansas loss could put us out. Of course winning the last three could squeeze us in. I don't think it matters a lot going to get put out early even if we get in.

She needs a helper other than Jordan or Jordan needs a massive training program this summer.
Yes, Jaz needs help at the 2. And Jordan needs something massive this summer. But here's what's encouraging: Jaz was nearly as bad last year as JH is now. Just wasn't forced to play as much, thank goodness. Something miraculous happened to Jaz last summer, story is it was intensive work with Coach Lacy.

So I'm recommending poor Jordan move in with Coach Lacy starting tonight.

Yes, Jaz needs help at the 2. And Jordan needs something massive this summer. But here's what's encouraging: Jaz was nearly as bad last year as JH is now. Just was forced to play as much, thank goodness. Something miraculous happened to Jaz last summer, story is it was intensive work with Coach Lacy.

So I'm recommending poor Jordan move in with Coach Lacy starting tonight.
I have hope both freshmen Key and Horston will be different players next season. They have to be or another long season.

Horston was the number 1 guard and number 2 overall player in the country, Key was a 5*and the number 10 ranked player, Massengil 5*, number 5 ranked guard, Burrell 5* number 5 ranked wing, Davis 5* number 3 ranked guard, just those alone you should lose no more than 3 games a year at most.
Anything else???
You did alot if research there partner..feel better?

If Kellie says anything but this lose is on her and staff lack of fundamentals, and in game coaching, she should be called out on it.
" Kellie why the hell did you not have your team pressuring ball, or knowing too, and why didnt you use a timeout before ball got in bounds when you say it"
"Kellie, did you not think to tell your players to foul asap"
" Kellie, you team is horrible passing the ball have you noticed?"
" Kellie, ahh is there a reason your players stand around, you sub like crazy for fresh legs, yet your players stand around, are you aware of this and that you are allowed to call timeouts?"

The cycle of being forced to start freshmen had to stop. Please stop dogging Horston and Key. If they were on a team where they could ease into the lineup the would be better off especially mentally.

If we keep everyone this year, next year we will be much better.
We really got to get where we've got senior and junior leadership on the team. I know a sophomore is better than a freshman but you get your best ball and intensity out of juniors and seniors if they have any talent.

We have a guard who runs the offense (such as it is) extremely well. Not sure how much more you could ask of your pg than Jaz stats today: 9 pts on 57% shooting, 4 rebs, 6 assist, no turnovers, 2 steals and a block. She now leads the SEC in assist/t,o. ratio. I'm good with that pg!

I believe today's performance moved her A/TO to ninth in Div I.

We really got to get where we've got senior and junior leadership on the team. I know a sophomore is better than a freshman but you get your best ball and intensity out of juniors and seniors if they have any talent.

South Carolina starts three freshmen. That team seems to be doing just fine.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
If Kellie says anything but this lose is on her and staff lack of fundamentals, and in game coaching, she should be called out on it.
" Kellie why the hell did you not have your team pressuring ball, or knowing too, and why didnt you use a timeout before ball got in bounds when you say it"
"Kellie, did you not think to tell your players to foul asap"
" Kellie, you team is horrible passing the ball have you noticed?"
" Kellie, ahh is there a reason your players stand around, you sub like crazy for fresh legs, yet your players stand around, are you aware of this and that you are allowed to call timeouts?"
Bla bla bla. This lose isn’t on her.

Maybe Jordan can spend the summer working out with Coach Jumper. He should contact Jordan's mom and set it up.
LOL looks like she spent last summer with him!

I don't think it's "dogging" Jordan or Key to analyze their in game play. It's what we do here and we've established the kids don't read this crap and couldn't care less. But if you're going to discuss the state of the LVs, you kind of have to start with those two. We know full well they're frosh and believe me we all want them to get well soon as possible

Jumper, I sure wish you’d try taking a little break from riding on Kellie’s back. :rolleyes:

If it’s even remotely possible that she DOES actually read this board, I’d have to think that your constant uber-scrutinizing performance critiques have got to be adding even more weight to the already-heavy burden she carries as a first-year coach trying to resurrect a struggling program.

I know you believe that, as a coach yourself, you have a right to hold her feet to the fire. But jeez, man. You are beginning to sound less and less like someone who wants her to succeed and more like someone who has a personal axe to grind. It seems more and more like you are enjoying more getting to point out perceived flaws in staff than you enjoy being a fan of the Lady Vols. :(

That may not be what’s happening at all. But that’s a perception that I suspect many have. Lighten up a little, okay?
Couldn’t agree more. I love the lady vols but these forums are constant negativity, especially you in regard to our coach. Legend in your own mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: aretha57
South Carolina starts three freshmen. That team seems to be doing just fine.
They are playing better than ours but the seniors in the lineup and the bench SC has really makes for much of the difference in them and most SEC teams. Their bench is awesome and Harris and the girl that plays the four can't think of her name are very efficient players.

Reactions: GrindEveryDay

VN Store

Back