Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #16/18 TEXAS A&M

Oh I most definitely will. It's either coaching or lack of respect for the coach which I attribute to coaching.
I don’t think Kellie has this team. Not saying she’s lost them, but I don’t think they fully believe in her. When she’s telling you to foul and you let 20 seconds go off the clock “twice” tells me they don’t seem to care.
One of the 10 players on that team could have guarded carter. I'd have found one to defend her. And if your going to foul make sure she remembers it. These touch fouls were pitiful. Finally kelly inherited some players that really shouldn't be at this level, others who transferred who could have helped, injury to a scorer also hurt. The kid from Alabama is a hoss and if she can get the kid from Muscle Shoals look out. But Kellie needs to get in some faces players and referees time for kid gloves is over.

How when you can`t get a impact player in 2020 or 2021 ?
Harper didn't have much if any, time to recruit for the class of 2020. In the class of 2021, not many girls have committed so how can you say she can't get any impact players when shes recruiting elite talent and going after them hard.

Reactions: volfan__18
The last play was of no consequence they were not going to foul or even guard no matter what shot we took. Does not matter at all if they were going to foul they would've fouled Davis on the layup. This game was lost at the free throw line nothing you can do down four with 2.2 seconds.

I don't understand why the coach didn't want her players to guard Carter.
Low basketball IQ and poor free throw shooting lost this game. Key missed 5 free throws in a row and Mccoy missed 2. My biggest concern is how poorly this team does the simply things. Passing, moving without the ball, getting good rebounding position, and playing defense on guards. Kellie must find a guard with quickness, 2 four players and a post who can play ten to twelve minutes a game. KK and RENNIE probably enter the transfer portal, this is ok because they wouldn't play anyway.

Reactions: Chitownvol1129
Oh I most definitely will. It's either coaching or lack of respect for the coach which I attribute to coaching.
I don’t think Kellie has this team. Not saying she’s lost them, but I don’t think they fully believe in her. When she’s telling you to foul and you let 20 seconds go off the clock “twice” tells me they don’t seem to care.

So you don't respect your coach who has 3 national championship rings, took a mid-major to the Sweet Sixteen last year while TN couldn't get past the first round, and is one of a handful of coaches to take three different teams to the NCAA tournament?

If that is true, then you have no business playing college ball.

Hard to believe that players disrespect such a coach so much that they deliberately miss multiple free throws, miss uncontested breakaway layups, and just hang their heads and quit in the middle of a close, winnable game against a ranked opponent.

Interesting stat: we had "only" 16 turnovers to 21 assists. Beyond outstanding for us, and a few weeks ago we would have been convinced this fixed everything. But look a little deeper, Horston and Burrell had a whooping 11 t.o.s between them. At least Rae's came early; Jordan's were at crucial times.

The temporary loss of Jaz, forcing JH to handle, ended any hopes for a comeback. Key's 1-6 fts were co-killers.

Good news: Davis, Brown, Jaz, played big minutes with no turnovers. Both Davis and Jaz had six assists. Horston also had six assists, but unfortunately they were negated by her six turnovers.

I continue to contend that Jaz, Davis, and Lou as blue collar role player make a very good core. We lack decent post play and one more guard who can score (Rae) and not make brutal turnovers (currently neither Rae nor Jordan). Still won't have a bench but could have a decent five if Key and Rae really brought it for post season.

Someone needs to ask her about that in the post game press conf... and then a follow up why her guards can't grasp her instructions

That was just to lower the MOV. TAMU isn't dumb enough to foul in that situation knowing the game was won.

It was a good game IMO. Tennessee played with a lot of fight, and they could have easily folded in the 3rd when the lead got up to 10. Some miscues, but a good showing against a very good team. Defensively, they did a nice job in neutralizing the offense of the TAMU posts.

We'll win the last three games with this kind of effort. The Arkansas game will depend how well they shoot the three and how well we shoot free throws. We can definitely win that one should be able to out rebound them just need them to miss some shots.

Interesting stat: we had "only" 16 turnovers to 21 assists. Beyond outstanding for us, and a few weeks ago we would have been convinced this fixed everything. But look a little deeper, Horston and Burrell had a whooping 11 between them. At least Rae's came early; Jordan's were at crucial times.

The temporary loss of Jaz, forcing JH to handle, ended any hopes for a comeback. Key's 1-6 fts were co-killers.

Good news: Davis, Brown, Jaz, played big minutes with no turnovers. Both Davis and Jaz had six assists. Horston also had six assists, but unfortunately they were negated by her six turnovers.

I continue to contend that Jaz, Davis, and Lou as blue collar role player make a very good core. We lack decent post play and one more guard who can score (Rae) and not make brutal turnovers. Still won't have a bench but could have a decent five if Key and Rae really brought it for post season.
We need a guard or two to run the offense hopefully there is a Grad transfer we can get. Horston needs to move to a position where she isn't trying to pass inside her passes are telegraphed and weak.

VN Store

Back