Movies you've seen recently II

Her looks are from smoking. I know she has aged but the smoking accelerated even more rapidly in her case.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing there are a few other confounding variables, as well.

Speaking of, have you seen what became of the kid that played John Conner in T2? Wow.

Reactions: Behr
Was just about to post that and The Way Way back were two of my favorites with him.

3 Billboards was excellent but I hated the ending enough that it almost ruins the whole thing for me. I'm admittedly irrational about that, but it is what it is. Even movies that were just okay or really bad but had an ending I really liked can change my opinion of the movie in its whole.

If you think that's weird, go back to post 6616 and read the last sentence.

Agreed on the ending thing, and I can take the top hat off if that makes you uncomfortable.

Made Krakauer look like a tool. He hates that film for obvious reasons
I know there is a lot of controversy over what happened. Ultimately, it was a tragedy that is going to occur every so often when rolling the dice against the strongest forces of nature. I don't think anyone's memory of the events is without flaw, given the dire condition they were in.

I do agree: it didn't paint Krakauer in the best light, and it also really made Doug Hansen look responsible for several deaths. That's unfortunate, because nobody really knows what happened at the top.

I'll add this: my venture would have lasted about as far as it takes to reach the first ladder-bridge at the Icefall. That's a "nope."

Reactions: bigdaddy
Agreed on the ending thing, and I can take the top hat off if that makes you uncomfortable.
Yep, that's it. The top hat is what bothered me.

I know most everyone else liked the original Old Boy, but I liked the remake with Brolin and Olsen better. Thats a good example of a movie I didn't care for until that last 5 minutes. I started it over and watched it again immediately. Ending completely changed my mind. Remember Me was another one.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Judy - 7/10 - I can see why RZ won the Oscar. She did a great job as Judy Garland and it's sad how Garland was treated as a child star.

Yep, that's it. The top hat is what bothered me.

I know most everyone else liked the original Old Boy, but I liked the remake with Brolin and Olsen better. Thats a good example of a movie I didn't care for until that last 5 minutes. I started it over and watched it again immediately. Ending completely changed my mind. Remember Me was another one.

I liked the remake too, and I generally hate remakes. I think I hate when an ending is terrible more than an open ending. When a movie is just amazing throughout then the end is just ridiculously, I'm just basically "**** you movie" at that point.

Reactions: Behr
Like the fact that Debbie never made it to Dallas just ruins everything that happened before. All that hardwork and dedication, for nothing. Smh

Reactions: bigdaddy
I saw fighting within the family. (I think it was the name) that was a really good movie. Its a true story about a female wwe wrastler

Hobbs and Shaw...was what I expected. Over the top action scenes, hit and miss on the comedic lines overall entertaining.

Rambo: Last Blood...Had some violence that's for sure. Wasn't expecting too much but was hoping for a little more than what I got. Didn't Even seem like Rambo. Really was disappointing he couldn't have closed it out any better than that.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Me and the wife watched The Turning last night. Decent movie up until the very end. Man I hate wasting 2 hrs for a dumb ass ending.

Was gonna watch Ad Astra and was looking forward to it, until I did a quick search here to see if anyone had seen it and it had 2 results. Newt really liked it, the other person said it was terrible.

So I watched Shawshank Redemption for the umpteenth time. I can't think of another movie as close to perfection.

Zombies - 5/10. Disney flick that I watched because my 9 year old twin granddaughters are visiting. Not bad for what it is.

Was gonna watch Ad Astra and was looking forward to it, until I did a quick search here to see if anyone had seen it and it had 2 results. Newt really liked it, the other person said it was terrible.

So I watched Shawshank Redemption for the umpteenth time. I can't think of another movie as close to perfection.
You made the right choice.

You made the right choice.
Yea, last night I was in the mood for a good movie and had rather watched one I'd already seen than to take a chance on being disappointed.

I'm gonna try to watch it though, maybe tomorrow after church and a big lunch. Worst case scenario I get a nice nap.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back