Movies you've seen recently II

Yea, last night I was in the mood for a good movie and had rather watched one I'd already seen than to take a chance on being disappointed.

I'm gonna try to watch it though, maybe tomorrow after church and a big lunch. Worst case scenario I get a nice nap.
I'm sure you have, but have you seen Argo?

Hobbs and Shaw...was what I expected. Over the top action scenes, hit and miss on the comedic lines overall entertaining.

Rambo: Last Blood...Had some violence that's for sure. Wasn't expecting too much but was hoping for a little more than what I got. Didn't Even seem like Rambo. Really was disappointing he couldn't have closed it out any better than that.

I remember the last rambo movies. It was really bloody. I was suprised how graphic it was

Ad Astra - 6.5/10 - It's not bad, but it's not great. I could tell about 5 minutes in how the movie was going to go and end.

The Light House - 6.5/10 - Not really sure how to feel about this one. It's freakin' weird and trippy, but after a while that aspect of it itself gets boring as you see pretty much the same series of scenes acted out. I'll give that RP and WD both acted the parts well and I was actually rolling in laughter at RP getting drunk and dancing and singing.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I decided to try it last night. I watched about 8 minutes and decided I didn't want to waste any more time on it. Watched Whip It. Lol.
Ever watch Star Wars? It’s got laser guns!

Reactions: Behr
I did love the majestic beauty of the imagery, but the visuals, not so much.
All those words at the beginning? Going up into outer space? I think that’s what Newt’s squawking about when he throws out that “visual imagery” line.

Reactions: Behr
Yea but he commented on the "Visuals" of one movie in a thread, and then the "imagery" of another movie in a different thread. Lol, I honestly didn't realize it was two different things.

Yea but he commented on the "Visuals" of one movie in a thread, and then the "imagery" of another movie in a different thread. Lol, I honestly didn't realize it was two different things.

Geez didn't realize synonymous were outlawed in this thread, sorry. Maybe ignore me Mr Dufrane? Id hate to cause you anymore confusion.

Knives Out...8/10

I really liked it. Well put together. Definitely a solid watch

It was really good. I could use more irreverent murder mysteries in my life. My one quibble is that Daniel Craig's accent took me out of it a little bit. I hated his southern accent in that heist movie, too. Maybe it's in my head, but he sounds like a Brit trying too hard to do a southern drawl.

It was really good. I could use more irreverent murder mysteries in my life. My one quibble is that Daniel Craig's accent took me out of it a little bit. I hated his southern accent in that heist movie, too. Maybe it's in my head, but he sounds like a Brit trying too hard to do a southern drawl.

We can agree on that. It pretty much ruined the movie for me. Awful.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I decided to try it last night. I watched about 8 minutes and decided I didn't want to waste any more time on it. Watched Whip It. Lol.

It was just a slow, very little dialogue, boring movie. They could have easily cut an hour out of it would have still been the same movie.

Harpoon 6.5/10 Harrowing dark comedy about three "friends" on a yacht in the middle of the ocean. Had some fun twists to it.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - 8/10 - I went in a bit skeptical, but it's pretty good. I also wondered why Hanks was considered the supporting actor but after seeing it it's pretty clear he is.

VN Store

Back